Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ndel21
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby ndel21 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:21 am

I applied 10/22, UR 11/19 accepted today, if u want my number PM. Good Luck

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:19 am

anybody else sitting at file completed, awaiting review for a while?

OnTheRise
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:49 am

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby OnTheRise » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:06 pm

Mine was complete awaiting review for almost two months then I finally went under review yesterday

Suzy_29
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby Suzy_29 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:29 pm

az21833 wrote:anybody else sitting at file completed, awaiting review for a while?


Mine was awaiting review for a month and a half before it went under review, they are a bit slower than the other schools I applied to :(!

mmlennon
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby mmlennon » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Has anybody attended one of the Admitted Students days yet?

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby lifestooquick » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:57 am

Hey all! I'm a current 2L at Moritz and am always happy to answer questions or anything :)

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:53 pm

in today via email. has anybody heard anything regarding the Moritz scholarship?

az21833
Posts: 1403
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby az21833 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:37 pm

withdrew my application today, hope the spot and $ goes to a TLS'er!

User avatar
icecreamdance
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:25 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby icecreamdance » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:28 pm

Has anyone heard anything about the Moritz Merit Scholarship?

User avatar
CMHCLT
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:48 am

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby CMHCLT » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:18 am

icecreamdance wrote:Has anyone heard anything about the Moritz Merit Scholarship?


The website says semi-finalists will be notified on March 28. I hope this happens sooner rather than later.

User avatar
icecreamdance
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:25 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby icecreamdance » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:17 am

CMHCLT wrote:
icecreamdance wrote:Has anyone heard anything about the Moritz Merit Scholarship?


The website says semi-finalists will be notified on March 28. I hope this happens sooner rather than later.


+1

Climb9
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:40 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby Climb9 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:42 pm

Has anyone tried negotiating their scholarship amounts this year? Or heard of someone who has tried? I've searched TLS and found the sentiment to be that Ohio State has been against or had a no negotiating policy in years past, but wanted to see if there had been any anecdotal evidence to a shift in that this year.

User avatar
untar614
Posts: 646
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby untar614 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:20 pm

Climb9 wrote:Has anyone tried negotiating their scholarship amounts this year? Or heard of someone who has tried? I've searched TLS and found the sentiment to be that Ohio State has been against or had a no negotiating policy in years past, but wanted to see if there had been any anecdotal evidence to a shift in that this year.

didnt negotiate, but a few weeks ago they sent me an email upping my scholly to 25k/yr from 18k completely unprovoked.

Climb9
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:40 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby Climb9 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:44 am

Thanks untar. Any others who have attempted/heard anything about negotiating scholarships this year with Ohio State?

User avatar
CMHCLT
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:48 am

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby CMHCLT » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:08 am

Today is the estimated day for Mortiz scholarship semifinalists to be released! Hope to hear good news! :D

User avatar
icecreamdance
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:25 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby icecreamdance » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:49 am

CMHCLT wrote:Today is the estimated day for Mortiz scholarship semifinalists to be released! Hope to hear good news! :D


I know I'm so nervous!! I'm checking my email every 5 minutes!

User avatar
CMHCLT
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:48 am

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby CMHCLT » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:55 am

icecreamdance wrote:
CMHCLT wrote:Today is the estimated day for Mortiz scholarship semifinalists to be released! Hope to hear good news! :D


I know I'm so nervous!! I'm checking my email every 5 minutes!


Me too! I noticed the website says today is the "estimated date for correspondence being mailed out to semifinalists"

Do you think this means snail-mail?

User avatar
icecreamdance
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:25 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby icecreamdance » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:57 am

CMHCLT wrote:
icecreamdance wrote:
CMHCLT wrote:Today is the estimated day for Mortiz scholarship semifinalists to be released! Hope to hear good news! :D


I know I'm so nervous!! I'm checking my email every 5 minutes!


Me too! I noticed the website says today is the "estimated date for correspondence being mailed out to semifinalists"

Do you think this means snail-mail?


I called and asked last week, they said that everyone will get an email whether they get it or not. Good luck!

User avatar
CMHCLT
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:48 am

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby CMHCLT » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:07 pm

You too!

cinnamonchurros
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:43 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby cinnamonchurros » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:12 pm

Withdrew last night. Best of luck to everyone!

tjhall09
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:57 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby tjhall09 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:43 pm

Has anybody heard about the Moritz Merit Scholarship yet?

User avatar
icecreamdance
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:25 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby icecreamdance » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:23 am

Still waiting...

User avatar
untar614
Posts: 646
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby untar614 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:33 am

tjhall09 wrote:Has anybody heard about the Moritz Merit Scholarship yet?

Was told they will be announcing semifinalists later today, and if you are picked but applied EA, you will have your deposit deadline extended til the 15th.

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby lifestooquick » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:54 pm

You guys should distract me from the fact that I need to start prepping for finals. Willing to answer questions/concerns/whatever about Moritz :)

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15409
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Ohio State Class of 2016 (2012-2013)

Postby sublime » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:27 pm

..




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”