LSU C/O 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ashleydy10

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby ashleydy10 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:46 pm

togepi wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:Just booked my flight to visit campus! Feb. 28th-March 2nd.

Can't wait!!!!

Nice, be sure to give us a lengthy report of your visit!

You know I will!

Acronin689

Postby Acronin689 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:11 pm

ashleydy10 wrote:
Acronin689 wrote:Admitted today by email. Near the top of my list depending on scholarship offer. Currently in Florida, wonder what they put in the water here that makes us apply to LSU?

haha!! Too true! Wondering the same.. What part of FL?

Fort Lauderdale. How about you?

ashleydy10

Postby ashleydy10 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:37 am

Acronin689 wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:
Acronin689 wrote:Admitted today by email. Near the top of my list depending on scholarship offer. Currently in Florida, wonder what they put in the water here that makes us apply to LSU?

haha!! Too true! Wondering the same.. What part of FL?

Fort Lauderdale. How about you?

Same area. I live in Pembroke Pines, went to school at FIU.

Toshiba31

Postby Toshiba31 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:12 pm

ashleydy10 wrote:
togepi wrote:

Can't wait!!!!

You know I will!

Have you scheduled a tour with the school? I'd like to visit as well but was wondering if I should set up something through the admissions office or just go there on my own.

Also I saw last admission cycle had a facebook page for admitted students, is there anything similar for c/o 2016 yet?

togepi

Postby togepi » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:48 am

Make it and ill join ya :)

ashleydy10

Postby ashleydy10 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Toshiba31 wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:
togepi wrote:

Can't wait!!!!

You know I will!

Have you scheduled a tour with the school? I'd like to visit as well but was wondering if I should set up something through the admissions office or just go there on my own.

Also I saw last admission cycle had a facebook page for admitted students, is there anything similar for c/o 2016 yet?

The root of some frustration- I called the Friday before Martin Luther King Day. They told me to set up it via email on the website. I went on, sent an email request and havent heard back since. My friend is a 3L there and works in the admissions office so I intend on bugging him next week if I dont hear back from them. He gives tour and says theyre a good idea for someone that has never been to LSU. I'll be there for Friday March 1st. In the request for tour they ask you for 3 dates...but obv I am only giving one.. i told them this during the phone conversation and they told me that since it is well in advance, i will be fine and theyll be able to set something up. I doubt it will be an issue bc i literally just want a tour. I dont have any interest in sitting in on a class like a creeper lol
Last edited by ashleydy10 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

lever1je

Postby lever1je » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:38 pm

Accepted as of a month ago with 100% Out of State waived and 50% of In State tuition waived. I don't have any ties to Louisiana or the south in general (I'm straight out of Michigan), but I've always pictured myself living down there in the future so this would be a good start to that. Waiting to see the other offers I get before I make the decision, but LSU is looking good so far

togepi

Postby togepi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:07 am

lever1je wrote:Accepted as of a month ago with 100% Out of State waived and 50% of In State tuition waived. I don't have any ties to Louisiana or the south in general (I'm straight out of Michigan), but I've always pictured myself living down there in the future so this would be a good start to that. Waiting to see the other offers I get before I make the decision, but LSU is looking good so far

Congratulations! That should minimize your debt fairly nicely. What other schools are you looking at?

lever1je

Postby lever1je » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:04 pm

togepi wrote:
lever1je wrote:Accepted as of a month ago with 100% Out of State waived and 50% of In State tuition waived. I don't have any ties to Louisiana or the south in general (I'm straight out of Michigan), but I've always pictured myself living down there in the future so this would be a good start to that. Waiting to see the other offers I get before I make the decision, but LSU is looking good so far

Congratulations! That should minimize your debt fairly nicely. What other schools are you looking at?

That's actually one of the most prevailing reasons I threw my name in the hat for LSU. Knowing I would likely get such a good scholarship at a school with such a stellar track record with employment was a huge factor. Right now I got apps out at WVU, FSU, William and Mary, Ohio State, Arizona and Wake. I believe as of today they are all officially in review (except FSU, I already got accepted) so I'll have a better grasp of things within the next few weeks. My only grudge right now is the top 33% stipulation on the scholly, if another school gives me a great offer with easier/no stips I'll be hoping that LSU will match their offer because I really am digging what I see about Baton Rouge in LSU with all of the research I've done so far. Has anyone seen any success stories in talking down stipulations at LSU? I've seen they were a little more lenient with money so I'm hoping this will be true with stips too as it could end up being a dealbreaker if I get another great offer

Jredelman15

Postby Jredelman15 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 pm

lever1je wrote:
togepi wrote:

That's actually one of the most prevailing reasons I threw my name in the hat for LSU. Knowing I would likely get such a good scholarship at a school with such a stellar track record with employment was a huge factor. Right now I got apps out at WVU, FSU, William and Mary, Ohio State, Arizona and Wake. I believe as of today they are all officially in review (except FSU, I already got accepted) so I'll have a better grasp of things within the next few weeks. My only grudge right now is the top 33% stipulation on the scholly, if another school gives me a great offer with easier/no stips I'll be hoping that LSU will match their offer because I really am digging what I see about Baton Rouge in LSU with all of the research I've done so far. Has anyone seen any success stories in talking down stipulations at LSU? I've seen they were a little more lenient with money so I'm hoping this will be true with stips too as it could end up being a dealbreaker if I get another great offer

I called down to see if I could get the stips moved down. The lady said that she didn't have the power to change that. Then she told me to send the admissions office an email asking to move the stips.

lever1je

Postby lever1je » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:53 pm

Jredelman15 wrote:
lever1je wrote:
togepi wrote:

I called down to see if I could get the stips moved down. The lady said that she didn't have the power to change that. Then she told me to send the admissions office an email asking to move the stips.

Well I guess there's good news in that it wasn't an outright rejection

Jredelman15

Postby Jredelman15 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:54 pm

I should have added. I asked if they could go ahead and lower it to no stips than it would only be 3k

lever1je

Postby lever1je » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:28 pm

Jredelman15 wrote:I should have added. I asked if they could go ahead and lower it to no stips than it would only be 3k

Well now you have just taken any hope I had and stomped it right out. Still going to email anyways if I get any competitive offers, but realistically it sounds like I'm gonna have to prepare to make my decision based on the current stipulations I have

lever1je

Postby lever1je » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:30 pm

On the note of stipulations though, has anyone heard how much they reduce scholarships by if you fail to meet them? I imagine it'll be a big cut, but hopefully it's a fair one

togepi

Postby togepi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:32 am

lever1je wrote:On the note of stipulations though, has anyone heard how much they reduce scholarships by if you fail to meet them? I imagine it'll be a big cut, but hopefully it's a fair one

Was it only 3k off tuition of their non residency tuition? Or out of state waived + 3k?

Top 33% is pretty daunting, especially if they stack sections.

nmlf16

Postby nmlf16 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:11 pm

Status changed to decision rendered but no email yet!

geauxtigers2009

Postby geauxtigers2009 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:08 pm

nmlf16 wrote:Status changed to decision rendered but no email yet!

Happened to me as well. Finally got my email a couple of hours later saying I was in.

Toshiba31

Postby Toshiba31 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:15 pm

geauxtigers2009 wrote:

Happened to me as well. Finally got my email a couple of hours later saying I was in.

Congratulations!

togepi wrote:Make it and ill join ya :)

I think I will :P It'll be nice to kind of get at least a little acquainted before ASW!

Toshiba31

Postby Toshiba31 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:38 pm

Very Raw...lol sorry for my lack of Facebook skills but this ought to do for now

--LinkRemoved--

nmlf16

Postby nmlf16 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:10 pm

geauxtigers2009 wrote:

In as well.

togepi

Postby togepi » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:46 am

How long did it take for you to get your packet via snail mail? I was accepted on January 19th.

lever1je

Postby lever1je » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:52 am

togepi wrote:How long did it take for you to get your packet via snail mail? I was accepted on January 19th.

Mine took 8 days from decision to get mailed, and then another 4 days after mailing to actually come in.

togepi

Postby togepi » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:03 am

lever1je wrote:
togepi wrote:How long did it take for you to get your packet via snail mail? I was accepted on January 19th.

Mine took 8 days from decision to get mailed, and then another 4 days after mailing to actually come in.

Ah, so it shouldn't be too much longer then. Shouldn't take that long from Baton Rouge to Auburn :)

rshw89

Postby rshw89 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:06 am

togepi wrote:
lever1je wrote:

Ah, so it shouldn't be too much longer then. Shouldn't take that long from Baton Rouge to Auburn :)

I was accepted on 1/11, and my status checker said it mailed on 1/22. I got it today, and it was postmarked 1/24. Be patient. It feels like it takes forever, but it will get there.

sn1000

Postby sn1000 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:03 pm

Whomp whomp I'm on the wait list. Any suggestions on how I can show them my continued interest? I may plan a trip down there to show them my bright shining face.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”