LSU C/O 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Toshiba31

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Toshiba31 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:36 pm

Mj23la wrote:Who did the deposit online via "MyLSU"? IF so, where did you get your log-in info? It's kind of hard to pay it without being able to sign in to the system....

I think upon receiving your application, LSU should have emailed you the link to My LSU with your temp password and log in name. mine was my first initial and the first 5 letters of my last name with the number 1: abcdef1 for example. You can do forget my password and set up a new one if you have any trouble

togepi

Postby togepi » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:23 am

Just paid mine, still unsure about attending. They turned down increasing my scholarship.

Mj23la

Postby Mj23la » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:28 am

Toshiba-

I actually just tried that (my first initial and last name) but unfortunately someone in the residential life has the exact same initial and last name!

I did get a response from LSU and they are resending the email I guess; hopefully I do not miss it this time!

Toshiba31

Postby Toshiba31 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:56 pm

Probably the most random question ever. I couldn't stay for the tour last weekend and just wanted to know if Barnes & Noble operates as LSU Law Center's "unofficial" bookstore or if there's one located inside of the law school? Just curious.

ashleydy10

Postby ashleydy10 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:30 pm

Toshiba31 wrote:Probably the most random question ever. I couldn't stay for the tour last weekend and just wanted to know if Barnes & Noble operates as LSU Law Center's "unofficial" bookstore or if there's one located inside of the law school? Just curious.

Yes and no.

Barnes and Noble does operate as the bookstore and it is located about ten feet from the side of the law building lol. Right next door.

LALaw33

Postby LALaw33 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:29 pm

Long time lurker, just signed up for the forum. I will be a part of the 2016 lsu law class. I went to LSU undergrad and have been living in Baton Rouge ever since, so if anyone has any questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

My .02 regarding the bookstore, it's my understanding that the Barnes and noble on campus sells text books for undergrad, but they have a limited, if any, selection for law books. There is a bookstore a few miles from campus called Claitor's that sells law books. I could be mistaken, but I think that's what the deal is.

ashleydy10

Postby ashleydy10 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Random.. But I'm getting ridiculous with tiger gear lol... Anyone find any lsu law stuff ?? Not even the bookstore had lsu law shirts while I was there.. Just car decals -___-

Toshiba31

Postby Toshiba31 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:24 pm

ashleydy10 wrote:Random.. But I'm getting ridiculous with tiger gear lol... Anyone find any lsu law stuff ?? Not even the bookstore had lsu law shirts while I was there.. Just car decals -___-

This is kinda sorta exactly why I asked about the bookstore lol!

ashleydy10

Postby ashleydy10 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:40 pm

Toshiba31 wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:Random.. But I'm getting ridiculous with tiger gear lol... Anyone find any lsu law stuff ?? Not even the bookstore had lsu law shirts while I was there.. Just car decals -___-

This is kinda sorta exactly why I asked about the bookstore lol!

Hahahahah we are too much alike lol!!

Toshiba31

Postby Toshiba31 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:51 pm

I guess I'm also a little curious as to how (and approximately when) financial aid is disbursed. For my undergrad, the school took out tuition and mailed what was left over to me in the form of a check at the beginning of each semester (Aug/Jan). Does it work similarly for law school?

Also, is anyone attending the scholly dinner next week? I'm really excited and looking forward to meeting you all :)

ashleydy10

Postby ashleydy10 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:14 pm

Toshiba31 wrote:I guess I'm also a little curious as to how (and approximately when) financial aid is disbursed. For my undergrad, the school took out tuition and mailed what was left over to me in the form of a check at the beginning of each semester (Aug/Jan). Does it work similarly for law school?

Also, is anyone attending the scholly dinner next week? I'm really excited and looking forward to meeting you all :)

ill foward you the email i received from the finan director that explains everything. PM or FB me your email address.

TigerMan

Postby TigerMan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:46 pm

I found out today that I was put on the wait list (not surprised and grateful that I wasn't given a flat out rejection...still have my hat in the ring!). Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for pushing me over the edge into an acceptance (besides a LOCI and a campus visit)?

Also, what are all the dates for the seat deposits for those that have been accepted? I assume those dates will dictate when they take a look at the wait list. Any feedback would be very much appreciated and please feel free to private message if need be. Thanks in advance, and congrats to all those that have already been accepted!

ashleydy10

Postby ashleydy10 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:45 pm

TigerMan wrote:I found out today that I was put on the wait list (not surprised and grateful that I wasn't given a flat out rejection...still have my hat in the ring!). Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for pushing me over the edge into an acceptance (besides a LOCI and a campus visit)?

Also, what are all the dates for the seat deposits for those that have been accepted? I assume those dates will dictate when they take a look at the wait list. Any feedback would be very much appreciated and please feel free to private message if need be. Thanks in advance, and congrats to all those that have already been accepted!

Hopefully you get called up soon. The next deadline for seat deposits is May 1st... at least that is what it is for those accepted. The first deadline was April 1st.. which is a little weird given the fact they extended the app deadline to March 31st. I'll assume they are playing around w the seat deposit deadline as well.

I have heard that they go into their WL pretty heavy.. They will WL quite a bit of applicants and try to get through it all. So that is good news for you.

As far as recommendations on what else to do...the only thing i can come up with is going in and meeting w Jake Henry, the admin director.. see what he suggests, show a looootttt of interest in the school.

I truly hope it works out for you!

LALaw33

Postby LALaw33 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:52 pm

If you aren't able to meet with Mr. Henry, you could probably just call once a week or so to get the status of the wait list. Any more than 1-2 calls a week may become a nuisance to them, but definitely show your interest on a consistent basis. That's what I would do, at least.

Edit: Good luck

Toshiba31

Postby Toshiba31 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:42 pm

TigerMan wrote:I found out today that I was put on the wait list (not surprised and grateful that I wasn't given a flat out rejection...still have my hat in the ring!). Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for pushing me over the edge into an acceptance (besides a LOCI and a campus visit)?

Wishing you the very best of luck and echoing the previous two replies.

BigHerky

Postby BigHerky » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:11 pm

The initial seat deposit was April 1st, but they sent emails to people who missed the deposit deadline that they have until today, April 4th, to make the initial deposit or else your application will be withdrawn. So I would assume movement will be seen as early as Monday.

Mj23la

Postby Mj23la » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:37 pm

Wellithink I'm going to be putting in the second deposit for LSU; geaux tigers!

bowie.alan

Postby bowie.alan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:24 pm

Was admitted 4/3

Waited for the acceptance packet and hoped I'd be getting a scholarship offer but nothing in the packet indicated so.

Did everyone get their scholarship offer with their acceptance?

I've been accepted at higher ranked schools with decent scholarship offers don't think sticker price for LSU is worth it.

Wake is also my top choice

smashndash

Postby smashndash » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Ive been accepted to LSU still waiting on my scholly $.

Would really rather go to Tulane if the money works out!

I'm waitlisted at Wake but i havent seen much movement

RAWR

Postby RAWR » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:05 pm

bowie.alan wrote:Was admitted 4/3

Waited for the acceptance packet and hoped I'd be getting a scholarship offer but nothing in the packet indicated so.

Did everyone get their scholarship offer with their acceptance?

I've been accepted at higher ranked schools with decent scholarship offers don't think sticker price for LSU is worth it.

Wake is also my top choice

I LOL'd super hard when LSU confirmed that I hadn't been offered a scholly. Going to Wake with $$$ also. I was like okay then I withdraw because that's bananas. I didn't need to learn neapolitan real estate law anyway!

RAWR

Postby RAWR » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:06 pm

smashndash wrote:Ive been accepted to LSU still waiting on my scholly $.

Would really rather go to Tulane if the money works out!

I'm waitlisted at Wake but i havent seen much movement

Wake has had a way higher number of seat deposits than anticipated.

smashndash

Postby smashndash » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:20 pm

RAWR wrote:Wake has had a way higher number of seat deposits than anticipated.

yeah was afraid of that. I'm fine with going to Tulane unless LSU throws a ton my way. Went to LSU undergrad Tired of BR honestly.

RAWR

Postby RAWR » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:25 pm

smashndash wrote:

yeah was afraid of that. I'm fine with going to Tulane unless LSU throws a ton my way. Went to LSU undergrad Tired of BR honestly.

The seat deposits were just due last week, so I would assume there won't be much movement until next seat deposit.

geauxtigers2009

Postby geauxtigers2009 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:59 pm

smashndash wrote:

This is kind of how I am, just tired of Baton Rouge. Leaning tulane as well

smashndash

Postby smashndash » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:23 pm

RAWR wrote:This is kind of how I am, just tired of Baton Rouge. Leaning tulane as well

how was LSU's scholarships compared to Tulanes? Tulane threw me 10k a year, still waiting on LSU's.

we can PM if you arnt comfortable posting

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”