LSU C/O 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rshw89
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:04 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby rshw89 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:13 pm

Toshiba31 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/groups/599643270052087/

will this work?


That works. Nicely done.

Toshiba31
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Toshiba31 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Just another little invitation to our facebook group-- https://www.facebook.com/groups/599643270052087/

Working on finding a couple of 1Ls/etc who'd be interested in answering any questions there. :)

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby togepi » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:08 am

Toshiba31 wrote:Just another little invitation to our facebook group-- https://www.facebook.com/groups/599643270052087/

Working on finding a couple of 1Ls/etc who'd be interested in answering any questions there. :)


That would be really nice. There don't seem to many around on TLS.

Toshiba31
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Toshiba31 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Well it's Mardi Gras here in Louisiana, if any of you guys are Tigers this time next year and have not ever experienced the debauchery, you're in for quite a treat!! lol

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby togepi » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Toshiba31 wrote:Well it's Mardi Gras here in Louisiana, if any of you guys are Tigers this time next year and have not ever experienced the debauchery, you're in for quite a treat!! lol


Ive actually never celebrated it proper. Care to shed any details?

Toshiba31
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Toshiba31 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:27 pm

Haha- well I'm a mom so my family's mardi gras is pretty PG... but a non mommy Mardi Gras includes lots of alcohol, food, parades, beads and Bourbon Street. Nothing like it! It's also a statewide holiday so we get a little tiny break from school that no one else has. Win win!

cooterbrown
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:46 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby cooterbrown » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:52 am

What up guys? I'm in at LSU law too.

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby togepi » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:01 am

Toshiba31 wrote:Haha- well I'm a mom so my family's mardi gras is pretty PG... but a non mommy Mardi Gras includes lots of alcohol, food, parades, beads and Bourbon Street. Nothing like it! It's also a statewide holiday so we get a little tiny break from school that no one else has. Win win!


Sounds like a pretty sweet deal. How long of a break is normally given?

geauxtigers2009
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:40 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby geauxtigers2009 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:29 pm

togepi wrote:
Toshiba31 wrote:Haha- well I'm a mom so my family's mardi gras is pretty PG... but a non mommy Mardi Gras includes lots of alcohol, food, parades, beads and Bourbon Street. Nothing like it! It's also a statewide holiday so we get a little tiny break from school that no one else has. Win win!


Sounds like a pretty sweet deal. How long of a break is normally given?


We get Monday, Tuesday, and half a day Wednesday off at LSU undergrad, I assume the law school's break is similar.

User avatar
Zoomie
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:54 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Zoomie » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:39 pm

Toshiba31 wrote:Just another little invitation to our facebook group-- https://www.facebook.com/groups/599643270052087/

Working on finding a couple of 1Ls/etc who'd be interested in answering any questions there. :)



hey did you get my PM about this?

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby togepi » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:44 am

Zoomie wrote:
Toshiba31 wrote:Just another little invitation to our facebook group-- https://www.facebook.com/groups/599643270052087/

Working on finding a couple of 1Ls/etc who'd be interested in answering any questions there. :)



hey did you get my PM about this?


Hopefully someone knows someone that could shed some light on any questions we have.

Toshiba31
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Toshiba31 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:18 pm

I just did! Thanks a million! I'll contact him today.

User avatar
Zoomie
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:54 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Zoomie » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:22 pm

togepi wrote:
Zoomie wrote:
Toshiba31 wrote:Just another little invitation to our facebook group-- https://www.facebook.com/groups/599643270052087/

Working on finding a couple of 1Ls/etc who'd be interested in answering any questions there. :)



hey did you get my PM about this?


Hopefully someone knows someone that could shed some light on any questions we have.


Gotcha covered. PMed Toshiba a contact for a student ambassador at LSU law.

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby togepi » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:09 am

Zoomie wrote:
togepi wrote:
Zoomie wrote:
Toshiba31 wrote:Just another little invitation to our facebook group-- https://www.facebook.com/groups/599643270052087/

Working on finding a couple of 1Ls/etc who'd be interested in answering any questions there. :)



hey did you get my PM about this?


Hopefully someone knows someone that could shed some light on any questions we have.


Gotcha covered. PMed Toshiba a contact for a student ambassador at LSU law.


Nice, is he/she going to be commenting through TLS or the facebook group?

Toshiba31
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Toshiba31 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:57 am

I sent him a message on facebook- told him about our group (or something like it lol) and gave him the link here also.

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby togepi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:39 am

Toshiba31 wrote:I sent him a message on facebook- told him about our group (or something like it lol) and gave him the link here also.


Cool, keep us posted!

Toshiba31
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Toshiba31 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:31 pm

Still no response :( I bet those guys are really really busy! It'll be ASW before we know it though. Whoo hoo. Has anyone else seen that LSU was ranked number 11 best law school of 2013 via The National Jurist? Pretty cool stuff! They take into consideration Employment rate, Bar Passage and affordability among other things. Very much worth a look see.

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby togepi » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:38 am

Toshiba31 wrote:Still no response :( I bet those guys are really really busy! It'll be ASW before we know it though. Whoo hoo. Has anyone else seen that LSU was ranked number 11 best law school of 2013 via The National Jurist? Pretty cool stuff! They take into consideration Employment rate, Bar Passage and affordability among other things. Very much worth a look see.


Any word yet?

Sent an email requesting more financial aid. Hope they can up the ante a bit.

ashleydy10
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby ashleydy10 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:21 am

togepi wrote:
Toshiba31 wrote:Still no response :( I bet those guys are really really busy! It'll be ASW before we know it though. Whoo hoo. Has anyone else seen that LSU was ranked number 11 best law school of 2013 via The National Jurist? Pretty cool stuff! They take into consideration Employment rate, Bar Passage and affordability among other things. Very much worth a look see.


Any word yet?

Sent an email requesting more financial aid. Hope they can up the ante a bit.



togepi- have you heard back from the other schools you were waiting on? And expect a less than slow response to your email... my friend says theyre swamped in the admin office. Theyre struggling to get me scheduled for a tour on Friday.. mind you, i requested it back in Jan -__-

Toshiba31
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Toshiba31 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:45 am

Nothing :( I sent emails to two L1s via Facebook. Doesn't even show me that they've read it. Is anyone going to ASW?

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby togepi » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:56 am

Ashley, does that mean they are stacked with too many applications? Nope, none of the other schools have replied yet =/

That sucks Toshiba. Hopefully they make contact soon

ashleydy10
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby ashleydy10 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:02 pm

Toshiba31 wrote:Nothing :( I sent emails to two L1s via Facebook. Doesn't even show me that they've read it. Is anyone going to ASW?



If all goes well with this trip, i may have to make it back for ASW. Youre going?

ashleydy10
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby ashleydy10 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:08 pm

togepi wrote:Ashley, does that mean they are stacked with too many applications? Nope, none of the other schools have replied yet =/

That sucks Toshiba. Hopefully they make contact soon



I assume it means too many apps. There is also some volunteer event thing on campus that a lot of the law school students are involved in so theyre having trouble fitting tours in that day?? Looks like i may be waking up at 8am to fit in my tour.

I'm still waiting on 6 schools..I have decided that of the 6, only 1 is a realistic option.. FSU. So if I dont hear from them soon, LSU it is for me.

Toshiba- Youre pretty set with LSU, right?

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby togepi » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:19 pm

Would you be able to find out? That might reduce my chances of snagging some extra money :(

ashleydy10
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby ashleydy10 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:35 pm

togepi wrote:Would you be able to find out? That might reduce my chances of snagging some extra money :(



I can ask, but regardless of the answer, you should still try to get some more money. I'd give them a call and find out who handles the scholly stuff. What address did you email? The admissions@ one? ... they never respond to that -__-




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: uhwrestler and 4 guests