LSU C/O 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ashleydy10
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby ashleydy10 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:54 am

togepi wrote:
rshw89 wrote:
togepi wrote:Ah, they don't seem to be too friendly for in-state people. Last cycle, a lot of them got about 3k a year. In-state is a good price for a solid regional though. If I can get the same scholarship as ashley, I'd put down my seat deposit instantly.

By the way, did anyone else get asked for a new transcript? In the acceptance letter they said the one from LSAC wasn't sufficient. I only went to one undergrad, not sure if that was particular to me, or if it was asked by everyone.


My offer is better than that. The transcript thing isn't unique to you, and it isn't unique to LSU either. Every school I've been accepted to has asked for a new transcript, but it isn't due until the summer. You'll only have to send one to the school you end up attending. It has to come directly from your undergraduate school.


That's good to hear, it kind of worried me when I read it. Also, all these medical things that I'm not sure at all about. Later on, I'd appreciate some recommendations for housing and good restaurants and such. If I do attend LSU, I'm going to move down there a few weeks early and get fat off of crawfish :)



i havent received anything requesting a new transcript. So the school just has to send a transcript to LSU directly? The same thing they sent to LSAC? Same on recommendations for housing, good restaurants and such lol. I'd need somewhere they allow American Bulldogs. And togepi- i really think if you attempt to negotiate, you can get the 100% off of the out of state fee.

ashleydy10
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby ashleydy10 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:01 am

Toshiba31-
My stip is to remain in good academic standing as well. I assume thats over a 2.5 or something? Any idea as to what that standard is?

Toshiba31
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Toshiba31 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:57 am

ashleydy10 wrote:Toshiba31-
My stip is to remain in good academic standing as well. I assume thats over a 2.5 or something? Any idea as to what that standard is?



I think I'll really have to clarify this because I assume the same or close to it but someone told me that good standing is just not failing out. It doesn't indicate any specific GPA or %. I'll ask next month at ASD just to make sure!

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby togepi » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:08 am

Thanks Ashley. Out of state waived and a little extra will make the decision quite easy. Should I wait? Im still holding out for Houston, Tulane, Baylor, Bama, Georgia State, ane SMU

ashleydy10
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby ashleydy10 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:18 am

Toshiba31 wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:Toshiba31-
My stip is to remain in good academic standing as well. I assume thats over a 2.5 or something? Any idea as to what that standard is?



I think I'll really have to clarify this because I assume the same or close to it but someone told me that good standing is just not failing out. It doesn't indicate any specific GPA or %. I'll ask next month at ASD just to make sure!



Yea, it is on my list of questions for my visit in a couple of weeks. I figured it was around there or even lower.. but that assumption comes from undergrad standards where if you fall below a 2.0 or whatever youre on probation. I figured law school may be a little higher than that? We shall see. I'm going for a tour and visit on March 1st so I'll let you know what that answer is when I find out.

ashleydy10
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby ashleydy10 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:25 am

togepi wrote:Thanks Ashley. Out of state waived and a little extra will make the decision quite easy. Should I wait? Im still holding out for Houston, Tulane, Baylor, Bama, Georgia State, ane SMU



Well depending on your responses from those slightly higher ranked schools, you may be able to use it in negotiations. But, if you get in to those schools at sticker, or a little lower, would you go to them over LSU with your 50% OOS tuition discount? That is the question. lol I think your LSAT score and your engineering background contribute to your hard factors. If you put something together advising them on your acceptances to those schools (when/if/what you receive from them), even at sticker, and emphasize your unique background in engineering (despite low GPA) and throw in some soft factors, I really think theyll give you the 100% OOS. Then the question is- those higher ranked at sticker versus LSU at in state price..

decisions decisions... nice to have the options though lol

You say youll go there with 100%OOS tuition waived plus the 25% in state discount i received- so then fight for that and see what they come back with. It cant hurt- esssspppecciaally if you have acceptances to Houston, SMU, Baylor- competing schools for jobs, in my opinion.

thats my two cents lol

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby togepi » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:51 am

Tough, life altering decisions haha. I appreciate the input. LSU has great placement for its ranking and this economy. I think ill wait a week and see what rolls in. Im perfectly happy to attend if the price is right. As of right now, my debt from tuition would be around 80k. Id like to have it at 50k or less. Thats manageable for me and my goals.

Tucker85
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Tucker85 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:34 pm

ashleydy10 wrote:Toshiba31-
My stip is to remain in good academic standing as well. I assume thats over a 2.5 or something? Any idea as to what that standard is?


I have the same stip on my scholarship. I emailed them a few weeks ago and asked this question. The admissions director told me that I just have to stay above a 2.0.

ashleydy10
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby ashleydy10 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:54 pm

Tucker85 wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:Toshiba31-
My stip is to remain in good academic standing as well. I assume thats over a 2.5 or something? Any idea as to what that standard is?


I have the same stip on my scholarship. I emailed them a few weeks ago and asked this question. The admissions director told me that I just have to stay above a 2.0.



awesome! thanks! not a bad stip lol

geauxtigers2009
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:40 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby geauxtigers2009 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Got my acceptance package today. Full scholarship with stipulation to stay in top 25% of class.

Jredelman15
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:45 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Jredelman15 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:41 pm

geauxtigers2009 wrote:Got my acceptance package today. Full scholarship with stipulation to stay in top 25% of class.


Get that stip changed and that is a great offer. Congrats!!

Toshiba31
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Toshiba31 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:08 pm

ashleydy10 wrote:
Tucker85 wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:Toshiba31-
My stip is to remain in good academic standing as well. I assume thats over a 2.5 or something? Any idea as to what that standard is?


I have the same stip on my scholarship. I emailed them a few weeks ago and asked this question. The admissions director told me that I just have to stay above a 2.0.



awesome! thanks! not a bad stip lol


I concur!!! Alleviates a lot of pressure lol. If I can't get over a 2.0 I'd have to seriously reconsider my decision to attend law school!

Tucker85
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:07 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Tucker85 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:02 am

Toshiba31 wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:
Tucker85 wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:Toshiba31-
My stip is to remain in good academic standing as well. I assume thats over a 2.5 or something? Any idea as to what that standard is?


I have the same stip on my scholarship. I emailed them a few weeks ago and asked this question. The admissions director told me that I just have to stay above a 2.0.



awesome! thanks! not a bad stip lol


I concur!!! Alleviates a lot of pressure lol. If I can't get over a 2.0 I'd have to seriously reconsider my decision to attend law school!


I was really excited to hear about that. But a few people have said that they heard of schools changing stips like this one after the fact, or when you are a 2L. Anyone else heard of that? I hope that it is just a rumor.

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby togepi » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:58 am

Congratulations

Come on Toshiba, where's that Facebook group at? :) Is it really terrible if it's public? You could always just make another one for the Class of 2016

Toshiba31
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Toshiba31 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:45 am

togepi wrote:Congratulations

Come on Toshiba, where's that Facebook group at? :) Is it really terrible if it's public? You could always just make another one for the Class of 2016


Haha, I guess it's no biggie if its public. I have some free time today, I'll try it again and post the link here.

Toshiba31
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Toshiba31 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:00 am

Here's the facebook page, again lol! Pass it on!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/LSU-Law- ... 7866211329

ashleydy10
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby ashleydy10 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:06 am

lol i hope all of us do end up at LSU... at least we will know each other haha

I'm pretty sure I found an LSU group for a class of 2015 or something that had 18 million people on it bc it was public.. everyone was on it selling tickets and stuff.

To reactivate my fb or not to reactivate .. lol

Toshiba31
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Toshiba31 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:35 am

Loyola (NO) sent a link to me yesterday, their admissions department made a group and it was private. I like that idea. I have no intention of attending but I joined anyway lol. I like the way its set up.

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby togepi » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:15 am

Toshiba31 wrote:Loyola (NO) sent a link to me yesterday, their admissions department made a group and it was private. I like that idea. I have no intention of attending but I joined anyway lol. I like the way its set up.


Same. They did offer a decent scholly. I liked the page, is that all i need to do?

Toshiba31
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Toshiba31 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:56 am

togepi wrote:
Toshiba31 wrote:Loyola (NO) sent a link to me yesterday, their admissions department made a group and it was private. I like that idea. I have no intention of attending but I joined anyway lol. I like the way its set up.


Same. They did offer a decent scholly. I liked the page, is that all i need to do?


Yep. And their scholarship was pretty competitive with the one I was offered from LSU, but I'm about 98% sure LSU is where I'd like to be. I do LOVE New Orleans though (sighs)

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby togepi » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:13 pm

Toshiba31 wrote:
togepi wrote:
Toshiba31 wrote:Loyola (NO) sent a link to me yesterday, their admissions department made a group and it was private. I like that idea. I have no intention of attending but I joined anyway lol. I like the way its set up.


Same. They did offer a decent scholly. I liked the page, is that all i need to do?


Yep. And their scholarship was pretty competitive with the one I was offered from LSU, but I'm about 98% sure LSU is where I'd like to be. I do LOVE New Orleans though (sighs)


The big turn off was having to choose between Common and Civil Law, whereas Loyola makes you choose. Did you apply to Tulane also?

rshw89
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:04 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby rshw89 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:19 pm

Toshiba31 wrote:Loyola (NO) sent a link to me yesterday, their admissions department made a group and it was private. I like that idea. I have no intention of attending but I joined anyway lol. I like the way its set up.


The difference is the one you made is a page, and the one from Loyola is a group.

Toshiba31
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Toshiba31 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:52 pm

rshw89 wrote:
Toshiba31 wrote:Loyola (NO) sent a link to me yesterday, their admissions department made a group and it was private. I like that idea. I have no intention of attending but I joined anyway lol. I like the way its set up.


The difference is the one you made is a page, and the one from Loyola is a group.


AHHHH! Let me try again lol! :oops:
togepi wrote:
Toshiba31 wrote:
togepi wrote:
Toshiba31 wrote:Loyola (NO) sent a link to me yesterday, their admissions department made a group and it was private. I like that idea. I have no intention of attending but I joined anyway lol. I like the way its set up.


Same. They did offer a decent scholly. I liked the page, is that all i need to do?


Yep. And their scholarship was pretty competitive with the one I was offered from LSU, but I'm about 98% sure LSU is where I'd like to be. I do LOVE New Orleans though (sighs)


The big turn off was having to choose between Common and Civil Law, whereas Loyola makes you choose. Did you apply to Tulane also?


Yes, I did but I highly doubt I'll get in. Haven't heard anything yet. Have you?

Toshiba31
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby Toshiba31 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:56 pm


User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Postby togepi » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:59 pm

Toshiba31 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/groups/599643270052087/

will this work?


As long as you dont mind playing admin




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 5 guests