LSU C/O 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
togepi

Silver

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Post by togepi » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:15 am

ashleydy10 wrote:
togepi wrote:
Toshiba31 wrote:
togepi wrote:Sent in my app today. And now the waiting begins...
Best of luck to you! Keep us posted!
Thanks! Still under review. How long is the normal turnaround time for LSU? I should probably stop checking my status every 15 minutes

Keep checking. My app went complete on 12/3. I was in with a scholarship by 12/7. My LSAT was above median, my GPA was below.

LSU a top for you?
Pretty quick turnaround. My LSAT is above their 75th and GPA is below the 25th. Yeah, it's one of my top choices. Engineering destroyed my undergraduate gpa :( I also applied to Tulane, Houston, SMU, Alabama, GSU, Wake Forest, and Baylor. What about you?

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:29 am

Pretty quick turnaround. My LSAT is above their 75th and GPA is below the 25th. Yeah, it's one of my top choices. Engineering destroyed my undergraduate gpa :( I also applied to Tulane, Houston, SMU, Alabama, GSU, Wake Forest, and Baylor. What about you?[/quote]

So far, LSU is a top for me. Waiting to hear from FSU, Case Western, Northeastern, University of S. Carolina, and Univ of Richmond... i think, lol. I applied to so many schools. My LSAT was just above the 75th, GPA quite a bit below 25th. I'm visiting LSU on Feb. 28th and making some other trips. I think I'll get in to the pending schools, they're ranked higher, but I love the big SEC school atmosphere. I went to a small college for undergrad so btwn the money and big school name, visting LSU is a must. I have a friend graduating this semester from LSU and he has nothing but great things to say. Loved it. I'm sure you will hear from them quickly and with enough money to make them an option.

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:20 am

I went to a SEC college town for undergrad, so it would be a smooth transition for me. Cost is reasonable, especially if out of state is waived or a decent scholarship is attached. It would be hard for me to say no. Right now, I'd like to practice in either Louisiana/Texas

Tucker85

New

Post by Tucker85 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:13 pm

Got accepted to LSU on 11/16 with a 25% scholarship, but I was offered 100% from Loyola. I know that a few people on here have had their offer bumped up. Can anyone give me any advice on who to talk to and how to word it?

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:02 am

togepi wrote:I went to a SEC college town for undergrad, so it would be a smooth transition for me. Cost is reasonable, especially if out of state is waived or a decent scholarship is attached. It would be hard for me to say no. Right now, I'd like to practice in either Louisiana/Texas

LSU puts you in a good place for law in Texas and Florida. Quite a few students graduating this year are coming to work in Florida. Booking my tickets to visit LSU today! I'll fly in on the 28th of February and out on the 3rd of March. Anyone else making a visit out?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kajual

New

Post by Kajual » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:59 pm

ashleydy10 wrote:
togepi wrote:I went to a SEC college town for undergrad, so it would be a smooth transition for me. Cost is reasonable, especially if out of state is waived or a decent scholarship is attached. It would be hard for me to say no. Right now, I'd like to practice in either Louisiana/Texas

LSU puts you in a good place for law in Texas and Florida. Quite a few students graduating this year are coming to work in Florida. Booking my tickets to visit LSU today! I'll fly in on the 28th of February and out on the 3rd of March. Anyone else making a visit out?

I hoping you are right about that. I'm coming from Florida- so that is the only factor that has me hesitating about LSU if I want to practice in Florida. I'm not sure how they would fair against job applicants from UF, FSU and Mia. Even Bama and UG has clout in the F..L...A.

Toshiba31

New

Post by Toshiba31 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Tucker85 wrote:Got accepted to LSU on 11/16 with a 25% scholarship, but I was offered 100% from Loyola. I know that a few people on here have had their offer bumped up. Can anyone give me any advice on who to talk to and how to word it?
I don't have any advice about scholly negotiation, just wanted to say congrats on your acceptances! :)

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:30 am

Kajual wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:

I hoping you are right about that. I'm coming from Florida- so that is the only factor that has me hesitating about LSU if I want to practice in Florida. I'm not sure how they would fair against job applicants from UF, FSU and Mia. Even Bama and UG has clout in the F..L...A.
From looking at past data, I can't really see many going to Florida. If you go to LSU, you're most likely working in Louisiana or Texas in my opinion. If your LSAT is at 161+, you should just go to FSU/UF

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:32 am

Kajual wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:

I am also coming from Florida. I'm not looking at stats or anything, just experience. I know of a few LSU law grads that are heading to FL after graduation this semester. I've worked as a litigation paralegal for 4 years now and know of a couple of attorneys that are LSU grads. Personally, I think LSU, like the other southern schools, put you in a good position to find a job in the southern states. But that is just me. Go Gators :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Kajual

New

Post by Kajual » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:59 pm

togepi wrote:
Kajual wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:

From looking at past data, I can't really see many going to Florida. If you go to LSU, you're most likely working in Louisiana or Texas in my opinion. If your LSAT is at 161+, you should just go to FSU/UF

Yeah...waiting for them to accept me. Doing UG and working in FLA, I sort of want to spread my wings a little and go out of state...lol But we will see. Money talks.

Kajual

New

Post by Kajual » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:00 pm

ashleydy10 wrote:
Kajual wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:

I am also coming from Florida. I'm not looking at stats or anything, just experience. I know of a few LSU law grads that are heading to FL after graduation this semester. I've worked as a litigation paralegal for 4 years now and know of a couple of attorneys that are LSU grads. Personally, I think LSU, like the other southern schools, put you in a good position to find a job in the southern states. But that is just me. Go Gators :)

What part of Florida? GO GATORS! :P

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:09 pm

fuck yeah, just got accepted and im really drunk. hopefully some scholly money for this asian
Last edited by togepi on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:37 pm

I'm from Miami. I did undergrad at FIU. Hated it! I was born and raised a Gator by my father lol. What part are you from?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:38 pm

togepi wrote:fuck yeah, just got accepted and im really drunk. hopefully some scholly money for this asian

hhahahah!! Congrats!!! Cheers!

Jredelman15

Bronze

Post by Jredelman15 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:52 am

finally got my scholly information. 100% non-resident fee scholarship. They said it totals $18000 a year.

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:52 am

Jredelman15 wrote:finally got my scholly information. 100% non-resident fee scholarship. They said it totals $18000 a year.
Congrats!

Wish we could get some 1Ls/2Ls in here so we can ask them questions =/

kjs3637

New

Post by kjs3637 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:24 pm

I sent in my application on 1-17-13. Hoping the turn around is pretty good. I'm under 25% in the LSAT not far off of it though so hopefully it will turn out well.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nmlf16

Bronze

Post by nmlf16 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:08 pm

Jredelman15 wrote:finally got my scholly information. 100% non-resident fee scholarship. They said it totals $18000 a year.
Numbers, if you don't mind?

Jredelman15

Bronze

Post by Jredelman15 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:01 pm

160 3.3 I don't know how I deserve it but I guess they want me.

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:06 am

Hopefully they love me as much or even more than you :)

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:51 am

Just booked my flight to visit campus! Feb. 28th-March 2nd.

Can't wait!!!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Kajual

New

Post by Kajual » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:01 pm

ashleydy10 wrote:I'm from Miami. I did undergrad at FIU. Hated it! I was born and raised a Gator by my father lol. What part are you from?

Gator fan born and bred as well. I'm from Jacksonville.

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:55 am

ashleydy10 wrote:Just booked my flight to visit campus! Feb. 28th-March 2nd.

Can't wait!!!!
Nice, be sure to give us a lengthy report of your visit!

Acronin689

New

Post by Acronin689 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:21 pm

Admitted today by email. Near the top of my list depending on scholarship offer. Currently in Florida, wonder what they put in the water here that makes us apply to LSU?

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:44 pm

Acronin689 wrote:Admitted today by email. Near the top of my list depending on scholarship offer. Currently in Florida, wonder what they put in the water here that makes us apply to LSU?

haha!! Too true! Wondering the same.. What part of FL?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”