LSU C/O 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Toshiba31

New

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Post by Toshiba31 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:50 am

ashleydy10 wrote:Just got back from a fantastic trip to lsu. Lovedddddd everything. It is where I will be in the fall. Learned a lot about housing and the different areas, met a few people, and enjoyed baton rouge. Spent all of today in new Orleans. I can answer any and all questions :)
yay!!! so another official tiger??? Glad you enjoyed the trip.

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:50 pm

Toshiba31 wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:Just got back from a fantastic trip to lsu. Lovedddddd everything. It is where I will be in the fall. Learned a lot about housing and the different areas, met a few people, and enjoyed baton rouge. Spent all of today in new Orleans. I can answer any and all questions :)
yay!!! so another official tiger??? Glad you enjoyed the trip.

Yesssssss!!!! I had a great time. Talk about a beautiful campus and great law facility...besides the baby parking lot ...it's great.

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:53 pm

ha-ri wrote:I just found out I was accepted via email. I'm still waiting for the acceptance letter and scholarship information (if any). I'm not from the Louisiana area so its going to come down to money and how I like campus. I have to say I was impressed by how fast they rendered a decision.... it took ~3 business days.

They'll definitely give you something and there is no way someone could not love this campus. It really is great. I'm tempted to say it gives UF a run for its money. Hopefully you hear good news. The info packet will take a while so give it time. Congratulations and I hope we have another Tiger !

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:43 am

I'm anxiously waiting my reply about a scholarship bump. I need to figure out where I'm going to get a head start about apartment hunting. I wouldn't mind living 5-10 minutes away from campus if traffic and parking aren't big issues.

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:29 am

togepi wrote:I'm anxiously waiting my reply about a scholarship bump. I need to figure out where I'm going to get a head start about apartment hunting. I wouldn't mind living 5-10 minutes away from campus if traffic and parking aren't big issues.
Apparently all law students live away from campus. No one lives within the immediate campus area. I heard a lot of brightside mentioning. It is an area that the grad students and law students live. I did meet one law student who lived in the cottages for all three years. That's where im trying to be. If not there, then brightside somewhere. They aren't kidding about the north side. Kind of sketch. Being from Miami, it was not thhhhhhhaaattt ghetto.. Just a little sketch. I liked brightside and Southside. Southgate towers is a no-go. Not moving there. Toooooo expensive and tiny. Right on top of the football stadium and the baseball stadium so traffic during those times is not worth the proximity. Parking will be an issue regardless. The law students have a huge parking issue. The parking lot for them is directly behind the building in a tiny lot. It's a joke. But the rumor is they're building a lot. I didn't see this lol. I truly loved the campus. It was beautiful. Baton rouge looks like Florida without palm trees lol. All swamp and such. Traffic is a bitch no matter what. There are too many people in baton rouge for the space lol. So no matter what, you'll deal with it. They say you learn the best lights and roads to take after a bit. All in all I'm very excited. I was also told that the scholarship event dinner is beyond awesome and they have a surprise in store for those students. I'm going to try to make it out there.

Toshiba- what were the dates on that again?

GO TIGERS!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:37 am

That's pleasant news. Do you know if there is a transit system that will take people from hot spot neighborhoods to campus at least? I wish I could attend those events :( My contract for teaching English in Korea finishes in June

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:10 am

togepi wrote:That's pleasant news. Do you know if there is a transit system that will take people from hot spot neighborhoods to campus at least? I wish I could attend those events :( My contract for teaching English in Korea finishes in June

Yes sir. There is a Tiger bus system that runs through most areas. Appropriately enough, it is purple and gold.

Toshiba31

New

Post by Toshiba31 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:32 am

Scholarship dinner is April 11th.

I'm getting excited. Time is passing so quickly, before you know it, it'll be August already. Ashleydy10- what are the price ranges for the apartments that you've been considering?

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:53 am

Toshiba31 wrote:Scholarship dinner is April 11th.

I'm getting excited. Time is passing so quickly, before you know it, it'll be August already. Ashleydy10- what are the price ranges for the apartments that you've been considering?

Well, given I only had one day there, I only got to see two apt complexes. I did however, meet a bunch of students at a party on Friday night where I discussed living situations. The Cottages is apparently pricey. For me, coming from south florida, a one bedroom under 1000 in a good area is a gem. For BR, its expensive as hell. The Cottages 1bdrm/1bath freestanding cottage, with ALL utilities included, furnished, WITH my monthly pet fee, was at $1,200.00 a month. I was excited, thinking that was cheap. After I spoke with people at the party, they all told me that was very expensive for BR and that they paid anywhere from 300-700 a month for everything. They all had roommates though, which makes things cheaper. They also didnt live in a gated community with security, etc. So it is my understanding that you get what you pay for. I would think that you can go the cheap way and pay approximately 500/month.. or you can go with the amenities and security for about 1000/month. I heard so many roommate horror stories that I have pretty much decided living on my own is a good idea for the first year. Once we all get to know each other, we will have a better idea as to who we can live with. If i can afford it, ill live alone at the cottages.

I am trying to make it out there for the scholarship dinner and to check out a few more places. Crossing my fingers that i can. I heard great rumors about it. I wont share, bc i dont want to ruin the surprise.. but someone blew most of it for me lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Toshiba31

New

Post by Toshiba31 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:48 pm

ashleydy10 wrote:
Toshiba31 wrote:Scholarship dinner is April 11th.

Well, given I only had one day there, I only got to see two apt complexes. I did however, meet a bunch of students at a party on Friday night where I discussed living situations. The Cottages is apparently pricey. For me, coming from south florida, a one bedroom under 1000 in a good area is a gem. For BR, its expensive as hell. The Cottages 1bdrm/1bath freestanding cottage, with ALL utilities included, furnished, WITH my monthly pet fee, was at $1,200.00 a month. I was excited, thinking that was cheap. After I spoke with people at the party, they all told me that was very expensive for BR and that they paid anywhere from 300-700 a month for everything. They all had roommates though, which makes things cheaper. They also didnt live in a gated community with security, etc. So it is my understanding that you get what you pay for. I would think that you can go the cheap way and pay approximately 500/month.. or you can go with the amenities and security for about 1000/month. I heard so many roommate horror stories that I have pretty much decided living on my own is a good idea for the first year. Once we all get to know each other, we will have a better idea as to who we can live with. If i can afford it, ill live alone at the cottages.

I am trying to make it out there for the scholarship dinner and to check out a few more places. Crossing my fingers that i can. I heard great rumors about it. I wont share, bc i dont want to ruin the surprise.. but someone blew most of it for me lol.

Well good luck with the apartment search! And now I'm totally intrigued by this "surprise" at the scholarship dinner. Feel free to PM me with details!! lol

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:52 am

Maybe Shaq is coming for a visit.

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:46 am

togepi wrote:Maybe Shaq is coming for a visit.

lol i love how i write there is a surprise and i get three PM's lol People, you really want me to partially ruin it?

Toshiba31

New

Post by Toshiba31 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:09 am

togepi wrote:Maybe Shaq is coming for a visit.
oh gosh my husband would literally go into cardiac arrest lol!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Has anyone received this "invitation" to the scholly dinner yet? I havent. The admin director said i will be receiving one though.

Tucker85

New

Post by Tucker85 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:21 pm

ashleydy10 wrote:Has anyone received this "invitation" to the scholly dinner yet? I havent. The admin director said i will be receiving one though.
I haven't received it either, but when I called they told me that they haven't sent them out yet. They did confirm the date of April 11 though.

kjb

New

Post by kjb » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:44 pm

under review 2/5
waitlisted 2/21

Mj23la

New

Post by Mj23la » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:10 am

In on 3/1...but only seen my email as of yet....I hate waiting for snail mail haha

Haven't decided if LSU is the one just yet though

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:53 am

Grats to those admitted.

Ashley, can you PM me the surprise? I'm not going to be able to attend and I'm curious :)

Iceman90

New

Post by Iceman90 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:39 pm

I am goiing to try to negotiate for a little bit of scholarship money. Which address did you send your email to, so I can make sure I get the right one. Thanks

Pumpkin_Pie

New

Post by Pumpkin_Pie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Iceman90 wrote:I am goiing to try to negotiate for a little bit of scholarship money. Which address did you send your email to, so I can make sure I get the right one. Thanks
admissions@law.lsu.edu

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:15 am

Iceman90 wrote:I am goiing to try to negotiate for a little bit of scholarship money. Which address did you send your email to, so I can make sure I get the right one. Thanks
Are you at sticker right now? I sent my email asking for a bump about a week ago, still crickets.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jbob152

New

Post by jbob152 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:23 am

Ill will be attending LSU in the fall. I got a small scholly which is more than expected. I also will be attending the cocktail dinner and visiting day. I am from east Texas so this is the best school for my family. Also my stepdad went to law school here and my mom graduated from the undergrad. I will be graduating from LSU-Shreveport this may. I am getting more and more excited everyday. I sent a request to the Facebook page as well.

Iceman90

New

Post by Iceman90 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:58 am

togepi wrote:
Are you at sticker right now? I sent my email asking for a bump about a week ago, still crickets.
Yes as of right now, but it is in-state tuition. That may be a good sign that you have not heard anything, because they may be a figuring an amount and not outright rejecting you.

Thanks Pumpkin Pie for the response, I just wanted to make sure I sent it to the right spot and was not waiting for someone to respond when I sent it to the wrong email.

Toshiba31

New

Post by Toshiba31 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:00 am

jbob152 wrote:Ill will be attending LSU in the fall. I got a small scholly which is more than expected. I also will be attending the cocktail dinner and visiting day. I am from east Texas so this is the best school for my family. Also my stepdad went to law school here and my mom graduated from the undergrad. I will be graduating from LSU-Shreveport this may. I am getting more and more excited everyday. I sent a request to the Facebook page as well.
Congratulations and yay to another official Tiger!

Pumpkin_Pie

New

Post by Pumpkin_Pie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:15 am

Iceman90 wrote:
togepi wrote:
Yes as of right now, but it is in-state tuition. That may be a good sign that you have not heard anything, because they may be a figuring an amount and not outright rejecting you.

Thanks Pumpkin Pie for the response, I just wanted to make sure I sent it to the right spot and was not waiting for someone to respond when I sent it to the wrong email.
Sure thing. There was no response when I sent in my negotiation letter. Then I received a new offer in the mail a week or two later.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”