LSU C/O 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Zoomie

Bronze

Re: LSU C/O 2016

Post by Zoomie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:41 pm

sn1000 wrote:Whomp whomp I'm on the wait list. Any suggestions on how I can show them my continued interest? I may plan a trip down there to show them my bright shining face.
I got waitlisted as well. If you aren't close, I wouldn't make the trip. It wasn't that exciting. I met with an admissions counselor who was very helpful in answering questions but spent the majority of my time with a student ambassador. She said write a LOCI and update application if there is anything of note worthiness to add. She also said that they were going to TRY to start admitting off waitlist as soon as Feb instead of the usual waiting until May but that was just the plan. I'm in the BR area but a call would probably suffice just as much. Up to you. Beautiful school. I used to work on campus.

sn1000

New

Post by sn1000 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:41 pm

Thanks Zoomie! I'll definitely give them a call. Hopefully we'll be hearing back soon!

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:05 am

What happened to the facebook group?

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:54 am

Zoomie wrote:
sn1000 wrote:Whomp whomp I'm on the wait list. Any suggestions on how I can show them my continued interest? I may plan a trip down there to show them my bright shining face.
I got waitlisted as well. If you aren't close, I wouldn't make the trip. It wasn't that exciting. I met with an admissions counselor who was very helpful in answering questions but spent the majority of my time with a student ambassador. She said write a LOCI and update application if there is anything of note worthiness to add. She also said that they were going to TRY to start admitting off waitlist as soon as Feb instead of the usual waiting until May but that was just the plan. I'm in the BR area but a call would probably suffice just as much. Up to you. Beautiful school. I used to work on campus.

If it helps- I've heard they do use their WL and go into heavily. Best of luck to both of you!

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:54 am

togepi wrote:What happened to the facebook group?

waiting on you to start it! lol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Toshiba31

New

Post by Toshiba31 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:33 pm

ashleydy10 wrote:

I started it but realized it was public. I saw last year's class was able to form a group that was private. Was trying to figure out how to do that lol. HELP!

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:26 pm

Toshiba31 wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:

I started it but realized it was public. I saw last year's class was able to form a group that was private. Was trying to figure out how to do that lol. HELP!

Yea, there is def a way.. no idea how though. lol I deactivated my fb for the application process. I'll come back on once i know where im going lol.

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:17 am

ashleydy10 wrote:
Toshiba31 wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:

Yea, there is def a way.. no idea how though. lol I deactivated my fb for the application process. I'll come back on once i know where im going lol.
what are you hiding? :) Got offered 50% off of the out of state cost with a top 2/3 stipulation. Id like to get more then im set to attend.

jw52

New

Post by jw52 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:32 pm

How long did it take everyone to receive the acceptance letter with scholarship info from the time they were accepted? I got in on the 24th and really want to know what kind of $$$$ Im looking at.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Toshiba31

New

Post by Toshiba31 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:55 pm

jw52 wrote:How long did it take everyone to receive the acceptance letter with scholarship info from the time they were accepted? I got in on the 24th and really want to know what kind of $$$$ Im looking at.
i found out i was in via email 11/16 and received my scholarship offer on black friday (I'm not sure what the date was). Granted I live about 45 minutes away from campus. So I guess I'd say about 2 weeks or so.

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:48 pm

jw52 wrote:How long did it take everyone to receive the acceptance letter with scholarship info from the time they were accepted? I got in on the 24th and really want to know what kind of $$$$ Im looking at.

I think it took about 2-3 weeks. I was accepted 12/7 and got it just before xmas. I suppose it will take closer to 3 for you. January is one of the busiest times for law admissions offices- a lot of apps come in at this time.

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:50 am

ashleydy10 wrote:

I think it took about 2-3 weeks. I was accepted 12/7 and got it just before xmas. I suppose it will take closer to 3 for you. January is one of the busiest times for law admissions offices- a lot of apps come in at this time.
Mine took a few weeks. The scholarship I got offered was only 50% of the out of state fee waived with a top 67% stipulation. Kind of disappointed that everyone's scholarships (even the small ones) have constraints on them.

grassynome

New

Post by grassynome » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:56 am

I believe I am going to withdraw soon freeing up a space for the WL and others! Good luck to you all!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:53 am

togepi wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:

Mine took a few weeks. The scholarship I got offered was only 50% of the out of state fee waived with a top 67% stipulation. Kind of disappointed that everyone's scholarships (even the small ones) have constraints on them.

Are you going to try and negotiate it?

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:51 pm

ashleydy10 wrote:
togepi wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:

No other acceptances yet to leverage. Should i wait or go ahead and ask?
Are you going to try and negotiate it?

ashleydy10

Bronze

Post by ashleydy10 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:23 pm

togepi-

I dont think I will. I received a decent scholarship. Quite frankly, WAY more than I expected to receive with my low GPA lol..

My suggestion is to wait for a bit.. I would think that later in the cycle would be a better time to do it.

Toshiba31

New

Post by Toshiba31 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:19 pm

togepi wrote:
ashleydy10 wrote:

I have a pretty small scholarship, but generous considering I didn't even expect to get anything. 25% in state tuition and only stip is to remain in "good standing". I don't know how arbitrary their scholarship offering process is but it seems to be all over the place.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jw52

New

Post by jw52 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:41 pm

I also got the 50% out of state with top 2/3 which is a little less than I had hoped.. Gonna wait a few weeks then try to get it bumped up.

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:47 am

Yeah, I'm definitely going to try to get more. I'm not looking for a full scholarship or anything, but out of state waived and a little extra would seal the deal for me.

Loyola-NO offered me 25k/year today. Just waiting on Tulane and Houston mainly before I ask them about getting more money.

rshw89

New

Post by rshw89 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:04 am

togepi wrote:Yeah, I'm definitely going to try to get more. I'm not looking for a full scholarship or anything, but out of state waived and a little extra would seal the deal for me.

Loyola-NO offered me 25k/year today. Just waiting on Tulane and Houston mainly before I ask them about getting more money.
What are you numbers? If you don't mind.

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:42 am

rshw89 wrote:
togepi wrote:Yeah, I'm definitely going to try to get more. I'm not looking for a full scholarship or anything, but out of state waived and a little extra would seal the deal for me.

161 LSAT and <3.0 UGPA (engineering, sigh)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rshw89

New

Post by rshw89 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:47 am

togepi wrote:
rshw89 wrote:

We are in a similar boat. 162/2.75 here. I've got in-state going for me with LSU though. LSU is pretty high on my list right now because of it, but I am definitely planning on letting my cycle play out and evaluating it when all the cards are on the table.

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:36 am

rshw89 wrote:
togepi wrote:
rshw89 wrote:

We are in a similar boat. 162/2.75 here. I've got in-state going for me with LSU though. LSU is pretty high on my list right now because of it, but I am definitely planning on letting my cycle play out and evaluating it when all the cards are on the table.
Ah, they don't seem to be too friendly for in-state people. Last cycle, a lot of them got about 3k a year. In-state is a good price for a solid regional though. If I can get the same scholarship as ashley, I'd put down my seat deposit instantly.

By the way, did anyone else get asked for a new transcript? In the acceptance letter they said the one from LSAC wasn't sufficient. I only went to one undergrad, not sure if that was particular to me, or if it was asked by everyone.

rshw89

New

Post by rshw89 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:48 am

togepi wrote:Ah, they don't seem to be too friendly for in-state people. Last cycle, a lot of them got about 3k a year. In-state is a good price for a solid regional though. If I can get the same scholarship as ashley, I'd put down my seat deposit instantly.

By the way, did anyone else get asked for a new transcript? In the acceptance letter they said the one from LSAC wasn't sufficient. I only went to one undergrad, not sure if that was particular to me, or if it was asked by everyone.
My offer is better than that. The transcript thing isn't unique to you, and it isn't unique to LSU either. Every school I've been accepted to has asked for a new transcript, but it isn't due until the summer. You'll only have to send one to the school you end up attending. It has to come directly from your undergraduate school.

togepi

Silver

Post by togepi » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:01 am

rshw89 wrote:
togepi wrote:Ah, they don't seem to be too friendly for in-state people. Last cycle, a lot of them got about 3k a year. In-state is a good price for a solid regional though. If I can get the same scholarship as ashley, I'd put down my seat deposit instantly.

My offer is better than that. The transcript thing isn't unique to you, and it isn't unique to LSU either. Every school I've been accepted to has asked for a new transcript, but it isn't due until the summer. You'll only have to send one to the school you end up attending. It has to come directly from your undergraduate school.
That's good to hear, it kind of worried me when I read it. Also, all these medical things that I'm not sure at all about. Later on, I'd appreciate some recommendations for housing and good restaurants and such. If I do attend LSU, I'm going to move down there a few weeks early and get fat off of crawfish :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”