seamus86 wrote:That being said, my current job pays decently well (nothing great, but could add a bit to my savings if I stayed on another year), and I could try the LSAT again...I think a 167-170 isn't impossible for me. In the next admissions cycle I could also expand my applications to include DC, Boston, and other area schools.
Anyway, I feel very ready and motivated to start law school, and while UCH isn't my dream school I do feel I could do well there. I'm just stuck on deciding whether the ~$100K would be the wisest decision, especially considering the employment outlook.
I would say, go to whatever your dream school is. We only live once, so you should follow your heart.
That said, a corollary of us only living once is that waiting an extra year to start law school means you lose a year of life.
You'll have to do some mental calculations of how much better you realistically think you'd do on the LSAT, and what if any better options would arise from that, versus losing a year of life. Also, would your spouse be willing/able to work elsewhere?
On another note, do you feel the IP and Int'l Law programs are strong at UCH?
We have a concentration in International Law, an International Law journal, an IP concentration, a Science and Technology Law Journal, and a Communications/Entertainment Law Journal (depending on which part of IP you are interested in). IP seems to be really popular here. They seem to like pushing us to do international stuff as well.