UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby simplycatalina » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Has anyone who applied in early January heard back yet? It seems like they haven't gotten to them yet.

User avatar
andy261
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby andy261 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:15 pm

gitguy wrote:
eav1277 wrote:
superpippo wrote:They don't give out merit or need aid until prospective students fill out the FAFSA/Financial supplement. These documents have a March 2 deadline I believe.


Do they really not give out any aid unless you fill out the FAFSA?


Isn't that true for every college?? It's the only way they can know your need.

I believe most schools give out merit aid before receiving FAFSA information.

mosquito
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby mosquito » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:57 am

I received the acceptance mail today. Now I do believe that people who got the welcome email from Dean Wu actually have been admitted.

User avatar
bananasplit19
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bananasplit19 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:41 pm

Hastings just sent me my waitlist e-mail for the third time in as many weeks. Now that's just mean.

User avatar
andres
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby andres » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:44 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:Hastings just sent me my waitlist e-mail for the third time in as many weeks. Now that's just mean.


+1

CaliAliLouise
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CaliAliLouise » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:16 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:Has anyone who applied in early January heard back yet? It seems like they haven't gotten to them yet.


I applied early January and it is still radio silence from them. Definitely getting antsy.

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby simplycatalina » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:21 pm

CaliAliLouise wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:Has anyone who applied in early January heard back yet? It seems like they haven't gotten to them yet.


I applied early January and it is still radio silence from them. Definitely getting antsy.


Moi aussi...c'mon Hastings.

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 99.9luft » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:41 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
CaliAliLouise wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:Has anyone who applied in early January heard back yet? It seems like they haven't gotten to them yet.


I applied early January and it is still radio silence from them. Definitely getting antsy.


Moi aussi...c'mon Hastings.

User avatar
WisemanAEKDB
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby WisemanAEKDB » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:44 pm

Complete 12/5. Nothing since. Called and asked if I should be "concerned". Admissions lady said I shouldn't be concerned until this time next month. I would like to hear something soon, as I'm trying to plan a trip out to SF. Oh well. Maybe I'll have some mail waiting for me at home?

User avatar
andy261
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby andy261 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:01 pm

I applied early November and didn't hear back until last week. Hang in there guys!

sonny
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:17 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sonny » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:27 am

Can only accepted students login at the WebAdvisor?

https://cio2.uchastings.edu/admit/index.py

Was curious and attempted, it then walked me through creating an account. Haven't received any email or letter though.

UselessKnowledge
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby UselessKnowledge » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:38 am

In by mail 02/14! Complete 01/04. Haven't received any emails or anything else from Hastings the complete email.

User avatar
md22
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby md22 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:54 am

sonny wrote:Can only accepted students login at the WebAdvisor?

https://cio2.uchastings.edu/admit/index.py

Was curious and attempted, it then walked me through creating an account. Haven't received any email or letter though.


Haha! Just tried to do the same and got in as well. Interesting!

sonny
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:17 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sonny » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:02 am

md22 wrote:
sonny wrote:Can only accepted students login at the WebAdvisor?

https://cio2.uchastings.edu/admit/index.py

Was curious and attempted, it then walked me through creating an account. Haven't received any email or letter though.


Haha! Just tried to do the same and got in as well. Interesting!


I'm hoping so. The email confirmation makes it seem like we're accepted, am I right?

pada2000
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby pada2000 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:18 am

md22 wrote:
sonny wrote:Can only accepted students login at the WebAdvisor?

https://cio2.uchastings.edu/admit/index.py

Was curious and attempted, it then walked me through creating an account. Haven't received any email or letter though.


Haha! Just tried to do the same and got in as well. Interesting!


I don't know about this theory. I applied late January, received no email from the school and yet am able to create an account....

Is there anyone that is unable to do so?

DumbledoresGhost
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:09 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby DumbledoresGhost » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:24 am

pada2000 wrote:
md22 wrote:
sonny wrote:Can only accepted students login at the WebAdvisor?

https://cio2.uchastings.edu/admit/index.py

Was curious and attempted, it then walked me through creating an account. Haven't received any email or letter though.


Haha! Just tried to do the same and got in as well. Interesting!


I don't know about this theory. I applied late January, received no email from the school and yet am able to create an account....

Is there anyone that is unable to do so?


Once logging in, try clicking on Admitted Students. Then click on "Pay on My Account"... hoping thats a better sign?

sonny
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:17 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sonny » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:28 am

DumbledoresGhost wrote:
pada2000 wrote:
md22 wrote:
sonny wrote:Can only accepted students login at the WebAdvisor?

https://cio2.uchastings.edu/admit/index.py

Was curious and attempted, it then walked me through creating an account. Haven't received any email or letter though.


Haha! Just tried to do the same and got in as well. Interesting!


I don't know about this theory. I applied late January, received no email from the school and yet am able to create an account....

Is there anyone that is unable to do so?


Once logging in, try clicking on Admitted Students. Then click on "Pay on My Account"... hoping thats a better sign?


I'm hesitant to get my hopes up haha

pada2000
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby pada2000 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:31 am

I didn't go all the way with signing in because I didn't want to be too forward...might look bad? Idk. I'll probably try it. Still, I'm not sure that is a great indicator or I'm just trying not to set myself up for disappointment.

sonny
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:17 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sonny » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:36 am

pada2000 wrote:I didn't go all the way with signing in because I didn't want to be too forward...might look bad? Idk. I'll probably try it. Still, I'm not sure that is a great indicator or I'm just trying not to set myself up for disappointment.


That's the smart thing to do. I think I was just getting impatient waiting since November. I was getting ready to contact them (worried I might have deleted my ding/accept from my SPAM).

Since I already went through with it haha, I'll defer to those who haven't signed all he way in on the question of whether it may look bad.

pada2000
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby pada2000 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:38 am

sonny wrote:
pada2000 wrote:I didn't go all the way with signing in because I didn't want to be too forward...might look bad? Idk. I'll probably try it. Still, I'm not sure that is a great indicator or I'm just trying not to set myself up for disappointment.


That's the smart thing to do. I think I was just getting impatient waiting since November. I was getting ready to contact them (worried I might have deleted my ding/accept from my SPAM).

Since I already went through with it haha, I'll defer to those who haven't signed all he way in on the question of whether it may look bad.



Well, I decided to go all the way through (I was curious). Didn't get to go as far as the payment thing, though.

Couldn't log in despite creating a login...

ValerOn1820
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:27 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ValerOn1820 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:52 am

pada2000 wrote:
sonny wrote:
pada2000 wrote:I didn't go all the way with signing in because I didn't want to be too forward...might look bad? Idk. I'll probably try it. Still, I'm not sure that is a great indicator or I'm just trying not to set myself up for disappointment.


That's the smart thing to do. I think I was just getting impatient waiting since November. I was getting ready to contact them (worried I might have deleted my ding/accept from my SPAM).

Since I already went through with it haha, I'll defer to those who haven't signed all he way in on the question of whether it may look bad.



Well, I decided to go all the way through (I was curious). Didn't get to go as far as the payment thing, though.

Couldn't log in despite creating a login...


I was able to create login too :) no mail|email acceptance letter yet. It would be interesting to ask hastings students if there is a possibility to create account without an acceptance.

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby simplycatalina » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:54 am

I was able to login as well...wonder if this means anything

User avatar
helterskelter
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:25 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby helterskelter » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:28 am

cbarlow1016 wrote:Has anyone who applied in early January heard back yet? It seems like they haven't gotten to them yet.


Hoping they either haven't gotten to them or the letters are on their way. I've heard from all the other UCs to which I applied, but Hastings starts their review relatively late (first acceptances went out 1/17) so I'm not worried. But that doesn't mean I'm any less antsy to hear!

ValerOn1820
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:27 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby ValerOn1820 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:31 am

sonny wrote:Can only accepted students login at the WebAdvisor?

https://cio2.uchastings.edu/admit/index.py

Was curious and attempted, it then walked me through creating an account. Haven't received any email or letter though.


i registered an account, then i decided to check if I can register one more time with my lsac number.
it says: The registration for this LSAC ID: L3////// has already been complete. If you wish to have your username resent to your email address' on file, please click below:

So, i definitely think it would be rather silly to let anyone to register in the system. 90% we're in.

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby simplycatalina » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:22 am

ValerOn1820 wrote:
sonny wrote:Can only accepted students login at the WebAdvisor?

https://cio2.uchastings.edu/admit/index.py

Was curious and attempted, it then walked me through creating an account. Haven't received any email or letter though.


i registered an account, then i decided to check if I can register one more time with my lsac number.
it says: The registration for this LSAC ID: L3////// has already been complete. If you wish to have your username resent to your email address' on file, please click below:

So, i definitely think it would be rather silly to let anyone to register in the system. 90% we're in.


I created an account and got an email but now I can't log in. Sooo I don't think it means anything.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: harmcharm, hweigel, lawlessmd and 20 guests