UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
superpippo
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:25 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby superpippo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:29 am

wbrother wrote:Hastings, just tell me! You were my top choice coming into this cycle! Things have changed... but I'm still showing you love, so return the favor!


In due time sir, I don't think very many RD's (at least one's I know personally and from this forum) have gotten decisions back. From my understanding, only some RD's who applied in early November and auto admit/auto dings have heard back. Don't let the admissions process bother you, it isn't even February yet!

User avatar
superpippo
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:25 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby superpippo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:31 am

flyingmantis wrote:
superpippo wrote:
bettercallsaul91 wrote:Got the welcome packet yesterday


Will be checking the mail today, accepted EA and I haven't received it yet.


Have you gotten your packet? I still have nothing.. :(


Didn't check the mail today, got drunk instead :P Trying to enjoy life while I can! .... I'm hoping I can wake up tomorrow with a long-awaited surprise in the mail.

User avatar
superpippo
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:25 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby superpippo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:33 am

Allie wrote:Broke down and got a TLS account.

Checking in!
Went complete in late Nov. Still waiting.
LSAT - 161
GPA (LSAC) - 3.8


Heard Hastings likes the reverse splitters! Best of luck!

Allie
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Allie » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:31 pm

superpippo wrote:
Allie wrote:Broke down and got a TLS account.

Checking in!
Went complete in late Nov. Still waiting.
LSAT - 161
GPA (LSAC) - 3.8


Heard Hastings likes the reverse splitters! Best of luck!


Thanks! I really hope that's true. Standardized tests are not my friends.

apollo2015
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:13 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby apollo2015 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:44 am

Congratulations to all of the new Hastings Sharks!

superpippo wrote:
Allie wrote:Broke down and got a TLS account.

Checking in!
Went complete in late Nov. Still waiting.
LSAT - 161
GPA (LSAC) - 3.8


Heard Hastings likes the reverse splitters! Best of luck!


This is true. Hastings even institutionalized a pro-Reverse Splitter policy in the Strategic Plan for the school.

flyingmantis
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:54 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby flyingmantis » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:55 am

superpippo wrote:
flyingmantis wrote:
superpippo wrote:
bettercallsaul91 wrote:Got the welcome packet yesterday


Will be checking the mail today, accepted EA and I haven't received it yet.


Have you gotten your packet? I still have nothing.. :(


Didn't check the mail today, got drunk instead :P Trying to enjoy life while I can! .... I'm hoping I can wake up tomorrow with a long-awaited surprise in the mail.


Good plan! I think I'm gonna hit the bars now. I also think Hastings is just messing with me. Sent me a couple of emails saying "Welcome to hastings..." and yet I still have not gotten a single thing in writing from them. LOL.

User avatar
mehh
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby mehh » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:49 pm

Admitted via snail mail 2/2/13.
Letter postmarked 1/31/13.
162 / 3.70 / non-URM / strong softs.
Woo!

nba101790
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby nba101790 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:24 pm

Congrats! When did you apply?

mcs268
Posts: 251
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:03 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby mcs268 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:29 pm

So is there no notification once you are under review? Basically you go complete and just wait for your letter? That sucks..

User avatar
mehh
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby mehh » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:34 pm

nba101790 wrote:Congrats! When did you apply?



Submitted 11/30/12.

User avatar
mehh
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby mehh » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:36 pm

mcs268 wrote:So is there no notification once you are under review? Basically you go complete and just wait for your letter? That sucks..


Yeah. Did not hear anything from Hastings until I got that letter yesterday. Also, the acceptance is a single sheet of paper, so it totally looks like a rejection at first glance.

User avatar
b123
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:32 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby b123 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:56 pm

mehh wrote:
mcs268 wrote:So is there no notification once you are under review? Basically you go complete and just wait for your letter? That sucks..


Yeah. Did not hear anything from Hastings until I got that letter yesterday. Also, the acceptance is a single sheet of paper, so it totally looks like a rejection at first glance.



this.

also, does anyone know how/if/when we find out about scholly info?

User avatar
wbrother
Posts: 499
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:02 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby wbrother » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:45 pm

Finally Admitted! Received a phone call on Friday and a letter on Saturday! Hastings was my top choice coming in, but things have changed since then. Hopefully I can get a nice scholly from them.

User avatar
zorro.99
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby zorro.99 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:45 am

In!! Letter postmarked Jan 31st

pada2000
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby pada2000 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:19 pm

How long does it typically take for them to send your status checker? Submitted my app kind of late.

apinarba
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby apinarba » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:45 pm

pada2000 wrote:How long does it typically take for them to send your status checker? Submitted my app kind of late.


lolz hastings doesn't have status checkers, welcome to the land of wonder

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby simplycatalina » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:01 pm

apinarba wrote:
pada2000 wrote:How long does it typically take for them to send your status checker? Submitted my app kind of late.


lolz hastings doesn't have status checkers, welcome to the land of wonder


I think hastings and emory are the only two I've encountered without them

User avatar
andy261
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby andy261 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:01 pm

cbarlow1016 wrote:
apinarba wrote:
pada2000 wrote:How long does it typically take for them to send your status checker? Submitted my app kind of late.


lolz hastings doesn't have status checkers, welcome to the land of wonder


I think hastings and emory are the only two I've encountered without them


Also UCLA

pada2000
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby pada2000 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:56 pm

apinarba wrote:
pada2000 wrote:How long does it typically take for them to send your status checker? Submitted my app kind of late.


lolz hastings doesn't have status checkers, welcome to the land of wonder


lol great.

User avatar
superpippo
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:25 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby superpippo » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:00 pm

b123 wrote:
mehh wrote:
mcs268 wrote:So is there no notification once you are under review? Basically you go complete and just wait for your letter? That sucks..


Yeah. Did not hear anything from Hastings until I got that letter yesterday. Also, the acceptance is a single sheet of paper, so it totally looks like a rejection at first glance.



this.

also, does anyone know how/if/when we find out about scholly info?


I've been told that scholarship info would be given out in late March as the priority deadline for the FAFSA for committed students is March 4th.

I think the fact that Hastings generally does not give out scholarships with their original acceptances goes along with their strategy of spreading aid throughout the class rather than giving large scholarships to fewer candidates. For the class of 2015, $12 million was distributed amongs over 80% the class. I think Hastings likes to get a better idea of what their class make-up is looking like before they send out scholarship offers.

This style could benefit the median number applicants this year because with less students, if aid stays constant, I would expect the median numbers students to get a little more cash. I guess the big if is that aid stays constant; I'm not really sure how likely that is.
Last edited by superpippo on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CO2016YEAH
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby CO2016YEAH » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:03 pm

andy261 wrote:
cbarlow1016 wrote:
apinarba wrote:
pada2000 wrote:How long does it typically take for them to send your status checker? Submitted my app kind of late.


lolz hastings doesn't have status checkers, welcome to the land of wonder


I think hastings and emory are the only two I've encountered without them


Also UCLA


I don't believe UCI has one either.

I think my life would be easier without them. Most don't say anything other than that a decision has been made, with the decision coming either by email simultaneously or by snailmail within a few days. I could do with a few day wait to spare myself the months of obsessing. :) Oh well.

pada2000
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby pada2000 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:58 pm

So, how do you find out if you get in? Via email/snailmail? How long does the process typically take for Hastings? The usual 2-3 weeks?

User avatar
stone_fox
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby stone_fox » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:49 pm

Has anyone filled out the supplemental aid form yet? Some of the questions seemed like I was commiting myself to Hastings by sending in the form. Or has this whole process just turned me into a crazy person?

coffeeaddict
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:27 am

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby coffeeaddict » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:30 pm

stone_fox wrote:Has anyone filled out the supplemental aid form yet? Some of the questions seemed like I was commiting myself to Hastings by sending in the form. Or has this whole process just turned me into a crazy person?


Thanks for reminding me. Almost forgot to do this.

alexeipg
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:05 pm

Re: UC Hastings c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby alexeipg » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:12 pm

Anyone know when Hastings begins releasing merit aid decisions? The website says every admitted student is considered for merit aid, but gives no time frame.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, Christinabruin, JazzyMac, l3g@l33s3, Majestic-12 [Bot], potatocowpower, Rich Uncle Skeleton, Snowjon and 12 guests