Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mack12

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby Mack12 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:15 am

bruin91 wrote:I'm going to tour on Friday, if anyone else is let me know!! and no weekend tours. Just weekdays. Super inconvenient for those of us still in UG.

This friday? I have yet to book a flight. How much did your roundtrip come out to? how far are you traveling?[/quote]
I'm in Columbia, SC right now so its about five and a half ours each way!

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:58 pm

Just got an e-mail saying that Dean Richard's waitlist update e-mail will be going out soon, and asking whether I'd like to still remain in consideration, and they'd like to present my application to the committee for consideration if offers open up. I'm sure it's boilerplate language sent to all WL candidates eventually, but it's still nicely worded enough to let me continue dreaming. :wink:

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:09 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:Just got an e-mail saying that Dean Richard's waitlist update e-mail will be going out soon, and asking whether I'd like to still remain in consideration, and they'd like to present my application to the committee for consideration if offers open up. I'm sure it's boilerplate language sent to all WL candidates eventually, but it's still nicely worded enough to let me continue dreaming. :wink:

I didn't get any such email :(

Belgorn

Postby Belgorn » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:17 pm

LRGhost wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:Just got an e-mail saying that Dean Richard's waitlist update e-mail will be going out soon, and asking whether I'd like to still remain in consideration, and they'd like to present my application to the committee for consideration if offers open up. I'm sure it's boilerplate language sent to all WL candidates eventually, but it's still nicely worded enough to let me continue dreaming. :wink:

Neither did I. Sounds like you maybe part of UVA's first WL offers. Congrats if that's the case, I'm jealous, but excited if were actually going to start seeing movement.

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Belgorn wrote:
LRGhost wrote:

Neither did I. Sounds like you maybe part of UVA's first WL offers. Congrats if that's the case, I'm jealous, but excited if were actually going to start seeing movement.

Much more likely, I'm one part of UVA's first WL decisions from way back in the cycle, and they're just going chronologically. I'm not getting my hopes up any; you shouldn't get your hopes down either. If there's anything I've learned through the law school app process, it's to be a friggin' Vulcan emotionally. It's just easier that way.

icanbeohyes

Postby icanbeohyes » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:29 pm

It scares me that there are 3752 views on this post but only 79 replies...

danitt

Postby danitt » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:31 pm

icanbeohyes wrote:It scares me that there are 3752 views on this post but only 79 replies...

Don't let it. I look at this thread and I'm an admitted student.

Belgorn

Postby Belgorn » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:40 pm

danitt wrote:
icanbeohyes wrote:It scares me that there are 3752 views on this post but only 79 replies...

Don't let it. I look at this thread and I'm an admitted student.

Are you saying that my neurotic TLS scouring won't end with my admissions cycle? Shit.

T20hopeful89

Postby T20hopeful89 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:26 am

bananasplit19 wrote:
Belgorn wrote:
LRGhost wrote:

Much more likely, I'm one part of UVA's first WL decisions from way back in the cycle, and they're just going chronologically. I'm not getting my hopes up any; you shouldn't get your hopes down either. If there's anything I've learned through the law school app process, it's to be a friggin' Vulcan emotionally. It's just easier that way.

Just got the same e-mail. It seems likely that they are sending it out to everyone in random order - I was waitlisted in early January.

Belgorn

Postby Belgorn » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:35 am

Just got the same e-mail. It seems likely that they are sending it out to everyone in random order - I was waitlisted in early January.[/quote]

Just got it too, and I was also waitlisted in early Jan. Looks like chronological order or something.

JXander

Postby JXander » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:38 am

I just got a similar email this morning, but there was no mention of sending my application to the committee for review. The way the email was worded made it sound like they are hoping some candidates will withdraw in response.

Hrun

Postby Hrun » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:41 am

JXander wrote:

I just got a similar email this morning, but there was no mention of sending my application to the committee for review. The way the email was worded made it sound like they are hoping some candidates will withdraw in response.

Same. Nothing about sending it to committee for review. Sent app in Jan. and wait listed in March.

T20hopeful89

Postby T20hopeful89 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:58 am

Hrun wrote:
JXander wrote:

Same. Nothing about sending it to committee for review. Sent app in Jan. and wait listed in March.

Mine did not explicitly say that my application is being re-reviewed right now - said that they are beginning to re-review people and want to know our interest in uva, etc. I'm sure we all got the same e-mail though. doubtful they'd send people different e-mails, unless they are hiding that they do, in fact, rank their wait list. who knows...

moonman157

Postby moonman157 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:58 am

Got the same email. I'll almost certainly be withdrawing. Best of luck to everyone else!

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:11 am

Got the Dean Richard WL update e-mail this morning in addition to the e-mail yesterday. Is the Dean Richard e-mail the one that everyone is talking about receiving today?

Rory19

Postby Rory19 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:13 am

I received the Dean Richard email this morning as well. Do you think that since they asked for a quick reply attaching an LOCI would be unhelpful?

Belgorn

Postby Belgorn » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:18 am

bananasplit19 wrote:Got the Dean Richard WL update e-mail this morning in addition to the e-mail yesterday. Is the Dean Richard e-mail the one that everyone is talking about receiving today?

Yeah, I believe so. To clarify the email I got this morning was the general one with no mention of any submission of my app to the committee.

PRgradBYU

Postby PRgradBYU » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:22 am

Just withdrew today. Good luck everyone!

Mack12

Postby Mack12 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:27 am

JXander wrote:

I got this same one! No mention of bringing my application into further review.

Dmini7

Postby Dmini7 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:33 am

I plan on riding this list out till the very end. Thanks to all those who withdrew :).

T20hopeful89

Postby T20hopeful89 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:35 am

bananasplit19 wrote:Got the Dean Richard WL update e-mail this morning in addition to the e-mail yesterday. Is the Dean Richard e-mail the one that everyone is talking about receiving today?

Interesting - so the waitlist might, in fact, be ranked....good for you, though!! What are your numbers - I'm curious to see what it is that they think they'll need.

luxurylawyer

Postby luxurylawyer » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:36 am

bananasplit19 wrote:Much more likely, I'm one part of UVA's first WL decisions from way back in the cycle, and they're just going chronologically. I'm not getting my hopes up any; you shouldn't get your hopes down either. If there's anything I've learned through the law school app process, it's to be a friggin' Vulcan emotionally. It's just easier that way.

Unlikely that it's chronological. I got the email as well and I was waitlisted in February. I also don't have good enough numbers to be a top candidate, so who the hell knows.

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:39 am

T20hopeful89 wrote:

Interesting - so the waitlist might, in fact, be ranked....good for you, though!! What are your numbers - I'm curious to see what it is that they think they'll need.

LSAT over 75%, GPA craterishly below 25%. Definitely not a top candidate/YP possibility.

Dmini7

Postby Dmini7 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:40 am

luxurylawyer wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:Much more likely, I'm one part of UVA's first WL decisions from way back in the cycle, and they're just going chronologically. I'm not getting my hopes up any; you shouldn't get your hopes down either. If there's anything I've learned through the law school app process, it's to be a friggin' Vulcan emotionally. It's just easier that way.

Unlikely that it's chronological. I got the email as well and I was waitlisted in February. I also don't have good enough numbers to be a top candidate, so who the hell knows.

You both have a 169LSAT. They may be worried that they can't keep their 170 median so they are targeting 169s instead.

Edit: Jk, for some reason I thought banana had a 169, I must of has you confused with someone else.

T20hopeful89

Postby T20hopeful89 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:41 am

Dmini7 wrote:
luxurylawyer wrote:

You both have a 169LSAT. They may be worried that they can't keep their 170 median so they are targeting 169s instead.

Edit: Jk, for some reason I thought banana had a 169, I must of has you confused with someone else.

your point is still well taken. They might want higher lsats, so they are starting at 169+ or something.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”