Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
icanbeohyes
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:52 pm

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby icanbeohyes » Wed May 08, 2013 12:43 pm

For those of us who have received our final transcript, should we send them directly to the school?

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby JXander » Wed May 08, 2013 12:44 pm

icanbeohyes wrote:For those of us who have received our final transcript, should we send them directly to the school?

Not if you're WLed and looking for an updated GPA. That goes directly to LSAC.

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby Rlabo » Wed May 08, 2013 2:52 pm

icanbeohyes wrote:For those of us who have received our final transcript, should we send them directly to the school?


Deff update through LSAC but i have had schools ask me ti let them know in advanced if I had grades (columbia). not sure if all schools want that though.

User avatar
Mack12
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby Mack12 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Rlabo wrote:I'm curious to know if anyone who has been accepted off the WL is still in UG as I'm wondering if schools will wait for a final transcript before considering these candidates.


I am still in undergrad and got accepted off the WL a few weeks ago!

dek88
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:42 pm

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby dek88 » Thu May 09, 2013 1:03 pm

withdrawing (accepted off the WL last week)! so another spot should be opening up!

striveseekfind
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:10 pm

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby striveseekfind » Thu May 09, 2013 1:47 pm

dek88 wrote:withdrawing (accepted off the WL last week)! so another spot should be opening up!


Three cheers for dek88!

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby Dmini7 » Thu May 09, 2013 1:50 pm

Any URM's been pulled off the WL yet?

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby JXander » Thu May 09, 2013 1:54 pm

Dmini7 wrote:Any URM's been pulled off the WL yet?

That's what I have been wondering... I do not think so...

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby Dmini7 » Thu May 09, 2013 2:19 pm

JXander wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:Any URM's been pulled off the WL yet?

That's what I have been wondering... I do not think so...



.
Last edited by Dmini7 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blueruditio
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby blueruditio » Thu May 09, 2013 2:33 pm

Dmini7 wrote:
JXander wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:Any URM's been pulled off the WL yet?

That's what I have been wondering... I do not think so...



I am hoping none have gotten in yet. I was losing lots of hope seeing all the movement in this thread :/ At least that would make me feel better.


+1

Hopefully URM movement will happen later in the cycle...There doesn't seem to be an abundance of URMs on TLS committing to UVA. Maybe that's false hope!

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby JXander » Thu May 09, 2013 2:36 pm

blueruditio wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:
JXander wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:Any URM's been pulled off the WL yet?

That's what I have been wondering... I do not think so...



I am hoping none have gotten in yet. I was losing lots of hope seeing all the movement in this thread :/ At least that would make me feel better.


+1

Hopefully URM movement will happen later in the cycle...There doesn't seem to be an abundance of URMs on TLS committing to UVA. Maybe that's false hope!

Unless I'm totally missing something, there does not appear to be much URM movement off the T20 wait-lists in general (at least, not in the threads in which I've been active).

blueruditio
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby blueruditio » Thu May 09, 2013 2:56 pm

JXander wrote:
Unless I'm totally missing something, there does not appear to be much URM movement off the T20 wait-lists in general (at least, not in the threads in which I've been active).


Agreed. So maybe we'll be waiting for a while to see the trickle down effects, if any. :/

User avatar
Rlabo
Posts: 516
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:18 am

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby Rlabo » Thu May 09, 2013 3:26 pm

I have a friend who got in off the WL today with 20k a year, not sure if they use TLS though so figured id post it here. Not sure of theyre exact #s but they are a reverse splitter.

shippy1988
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:44 pm

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby shippy1988 » Thu May 09, 2013 3:53 pm

Rlabo wrote:I have a friend who got in off the WL today with 20k a year, not sure if they use TLS though so figured id post it here. Not sure of theyre exact #s but they are a reverse splitter.



Thanks for the info. Personally, I've been informed that I will receive no aid (numbers in profile), so it seems like they are focusing on the GPA.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Fri May 10, 2013 9:47 am

Did everyone just get an update email asking if you're still interested?

striveseekfind
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:10 pm

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby striveseekfind » Fri May 10, 2013 9:53 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Did everyone just get an update email asking if you're still interested?


Hmm, not yet. That may be a bad sign for yours truly.

User avatar
jdnumbersgame
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:48 pm

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby jdnumbersgame » Fri May 10, 2013 10:03 am

striveseekfind wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Did everyone just get an update email asking if you're still interested?


Hmm, not yet. That may be a bad sign for yours truly.


No email update on this end either. :(

BigZuck
Posts: 10858
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby BigZuck » Fri May 10, 2013 10:06 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Did everyone just get an update email asking if you're still interested?


I got one

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Fri May 10, 2013 10:07 am

jdnumbersgame wrote:
striveseekfind wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Did everyone just get an update email asking if you're still interested?


Hmm, not yet. That may be a bad sign for yours truly.


No email update on this end either. :(


Well, now you guys are getting my hopes up. I imagine you all will get it soon..

striveseekfind
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:10 pm

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby striveseekfind » Fri May 10, 2013 10:12 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
jdnumbersgame wrote:
striveseekfind wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Did everyone just get an update email asking if you're still interested?


Hmm, not yet. That may be a bad sign for yours truly.


No email update on this end either. :(


Well, now you guys are getting my hopes up. I imagine you all will get it soon..


Whew, yes—there it is. You called it.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Fri May 10, 2013 10:18 am

*sigh* There was a beautiful moment where I thought I had a chance.

Image

LRGhost
Posts: 1869
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby LRGhost » Fri May 10, 2013 10:21 am

And I thought that email was special

User avatar
jdnumbersgame
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:48 pm

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby jdnumbersgame » Fri May 10, 2013 10:26 am

Well, cross out what I said earlier. I just got one too. *Phew* would be right striveseekfind

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby JXander » Fri May 10, 2013 11:10 am

I got the email and sent, like, my 5th LOCI in response. :?

User avatar
bananasplit19
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby bananasplit19 » Fri May 10, 2013 11:18 am

JXander wrote:I got the email and sent, like, my 5th LOCI in response. :?

+1. Got excited when my status checker updated (yup, still use the app, even in mid-May; it's an illness), but it just noted a blank 5/10 update under mailings, which probably represents the Dean Richard update e-mail.

But hey, they haven't shut the door on us yet...we got gifted another week of acceptances trickling in 8)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”