Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bananasplit19

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Postby bananasplit19 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:42 am

Dmini7 wrote:
luxurylawyer wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:Much more likely, I'm one part of UVA's first WL decisions from way back in the cycle, and they're just going chronologically. I'm not getting my hopes up any; you shouldn't get your hopes down either. If there's anything I've learned through the law school app process, it's to be a friggin' Vulcan emotionally. It's just easier that way.

Unlikely that it's chronological. I got the email as well and I was waitlisted in February. I also don't have good enough numbers to be a top candidate, so who the hell knows.

You both have a 169LSAT. They may be worried that they can't keep their 170 median so they are targeting 169s instead.

Edit: Jk, for some reason I thought banana had a 169, I must of has you confused with someone else.

For future reference, I'm the one with the dancing banana avatar.

Big Dog

Postby Big Dog » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:45 am

Just got an e-mail saying that Dean Richard's waitlist update e-mail will be going out soon, and asking whether I'd like to still remain in consideration, and they'd like to present my application to the committee for consideration if offers open up. I'm sure it's boilerplate language sent to all WL candidates eventually, but it's still nicely worded enough to let me continue dreaming.

Got the Dean Richard WL update e-mail this morning in addition to the e-mail yesterday. Is the Dean Richard e-mail the one that everyone is talking about receiving today?

Two e-mails = one special (dancing banana) snowflake. 'Grats.

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:59 am

Big Dog wrote:
Just got an e-mail saying that Dean Richard's waitlist update e-mail will be going out soon, and asking whether I'd like to still remain in consideration, and they'd like to present my application to the committee for consideration if offers open up. I'm sure it's boilerplate language sent to all WL candidates eventually, but it's still nicely worded enough to let me continue dreaming.

Got the Dean Richard WL update e-mail this morning in addition to the e-mail yesterday. Is the Dean Richard e-mail the one that everyone is talking about receiving today?

Two e-mails = one special (dancing banana) snowflake. 'Grats.

Hey, I am special. I know I am because my mother tells me, even if she does use exaggerated air-quotes when she says it.

icanbeohyes

Postby icanbeohyes » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:07 pm

I was able to visit but it was on the weekend and only was able to speak with a 2L there. Would it make sense to go back and visit and try to talk w/ Dean Richard if I am in the area?

syd625

Postby syd625 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:13 pm

For those who sent LOCIs/are planning to do so, how did you address them? Dean Richard? Admissions Committee? I'm struggling a bit here.

KingFish

Postby KingFish » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:24 pm

syd625 wrote:For those who sent LOCIs/are planning to do so, how did you address them? Dean Richard? Admissions Committee? I'm struggling a bit here.

You shouldn't be struggling over that. Any one of those is perfectly fine dude

Hrun

Postby Hrun » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:27 pm

syd625 wrote:For those who sent LOCIs/are planning to do so, how did you address them? Dean Richard? Admissions Committee? I'm struggling a bit here.

I called earlier this week to ask. They said either. They said it doesn't matter if you send it by snail mail or email. I pasted it in my email and attached a copy. And they responded to me thanking me for it within a day or two.

syd625

Postby syd625 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Thanks for the information, Hrun. I was just afraid that I had missed a direction somewhere. Good luck to everyone!

Rlabo

Postby Rlabo » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:43 pm

Got that email too. Replied with a small LOCI

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:54 pm

Also got the email. Mine also didn't say that my app would be going under review, just that apps would start being considered early next week.

Should I have actually written a little LOCI? I basically just said that I wanted to go there and want to remain on the waitlist.. (Does that count?)

Rlabo

Postby Rlabo » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:05 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Also got the email. Mine also didn't say that my app would be going under review, just that apps would start being considered early next week.

Should I have actually written a little LOCI? I basically just said that I wanted to go there and want to remain on the waitlist.. (Does that count?)

I wouldn't sweat it, seems like she was just looking for an affirmative yes or no whether you want to stay on the WL. I wrote one as I was planning on sending one anyway soon so it seemed like a good opportunity.

T20hopeful89

Postby T20hopeful89 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:08 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Also got the email. Mine also didn't say that my app would be going under review, just that apps would start being considered early next week.

I figured they wouldn't want to read anything crazy and long. I literally wrote thanks, keep me on the waitlist, i love you. kbai. If you want to send another LOCI, email it to admissions, not dean richard, I think. she'll see it either way.

Belgorn

Postby Belgorn » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:09 pm

I just sent a two-sentence reply expressing my desire to remain on the list. I have previously visited and sent an updated resume with a short LOCI-type email however.

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:15 pm

T20hopeful89 wrote:

I figured they wouldn't want to read anything crazy and long. I literally wrote thanks, keep me on the waitlist, i love you. kbai. If you want to send another LOCI, email it to admissions, not dean richard, I think. she'll see it either way.

hmm.

syd625

Postby syd625 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:23 pm

I responded with a short yes as well. I'm planning to submit my LOCI to the general email address that they gave us for materials.

T20hopeful89

Postby T20hopeful89 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:26 pm

justonemoregame wrote:
T20hopeful89 wrote:

hmm.

for the sake of clarification, just in case it wasn't 100% clear, I did not use that language in the e-mail. If one wanted to show them one was crazy, I'm sure one could think of a more creative way.

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:14 pm

Also got the email about remaining on the WL. Said they would be going through apps in a week or to IIRC but nothing about mine specifically.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:04 pm

T20hopeful89 wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:
T20hopeful89 wrote:

hmm.

for the sake of clarification, just in case it wasn't 100% clear, I did not use that language in the e-mail. If one wanted to show them one was crazy, I'm sure one could think of a more creative way.

You said you "literally" wrote that.

T20hopeful89

Postby T20hopeful89 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:08 pm

BigZuck wrote:

My most sincere apologies to all offended by my use of hyperbole :lol:

Let's return to more important things....such as when people will be hearing from uva, as opposed to mis-using the word literally, which I do with some frequency anyhow.

jym_dawg

Postby jym_dawg » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:09 pm

BigZuck wrote:
T20hopeful89 wrote:
T20hopeful89 wrote:

hmm.

Why is that problematic? You should Google the definition of literally.

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:10 pm

LITERALLLLLLLLLY!

T20hopeful89

Postby T20hopeful89 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:11 pm

jym_dawg wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
T20hopeful89 wrote:I figured they wouldn't want to read anything crazy and long. I literally wrote thanks, keep me on the waitlist, i love you. kbai. If you want to send another LOCI, email it to admissions, not dean richard, I think. she'll see it either way.
hmm.

Why is that problematic? You should Google the definition of literally.[/quote]

good, now people will likely copy and paste correct and incorrect usages of the word literally, knowing the gunners here :wink: We should focus on the fact that someone in the uva thread posted that he/she got a call from a 434 number that could possibly be uva?

beautyistruth

Postby beautyistruth » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:23 pm

Is it worth sending a LOCI to UVA if I've been accepted to schools that I'd rather attend at sticker? I'm not positive that I'm being YP'ed (numbers in profile), so I'm trying to gauge the likelihood of getting a competitive scholarship offer off the waitlist.

LRGhost

Postby LRGhost » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:29 pm

beautyistruth wrote:Is it worth sending a LOCI to UVA if I've been accepted to schools that I'd rather attend at sticker? I'm not positive that I'm being YP'ed (numbers in profile), so I'm trying to gauge the likelihood of getting a competitive scholarship offer off the waitlist.

Go for it, dude.

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:58 pm

3.3x / 174 non urm

Got the wait list email today and I'm withdrawing. I just didn't know how to withdraw before now after LITERALLY :wink: searching on their website for a good ten minutes.

May the force be with you.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”