Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MyNameIsFlynn!

Silver

Re: Waitlisted at UVA c/o 2016

Post by MyNameIsFlynn! » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:26 am

Alright here's my attempt at that spreadsheet. Let me know if you have editing problems or if we should add any other details.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... mWnc#gid=0

This will hopefully give yall a better idea where everyone stands so please contribute!

bruin91

Bronze

Post by bruin91 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:58 am

Checking in. Anyone know any good flights to Charlottesville?

LRGhost

Gold

Post by LRGhost » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:29 pm

bruin91 wrote:Checking in. Anyone know any good flights to Charlottesville?
US Air's is what I'm doing. Use Orbitz or Expedia, dawg. Better than CheapoAir.
MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:Alright here's my attempt at that spreadsheet. Let me know if you have editing problems or if we should add any other details.

This will hopefully give yall a better idea where everyone stands so please contribute!
Had no problem. May help to include other schools people are WL'ed/in at but maybe that's too revealing.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:23 pm

MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:Alright here's my attempt at that spreadsheet. Let me know if you have editing problems or if we should add any other details.

Added to the OP

JXander

Silver

Post by JXander » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:32 pm

Thanks for putting this together, Flynn.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

joshhoward

Bronze

Post by joshhoward » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:27 pm

great job! i added a few more stats on the right side. recommend to format the LSAT stats to 0 decimal places, and the GPA stats to 2 decimal places. also make a column to indicate if a Virginia resident or not.

MyNameIsFlynn!

Silver

Post by MyNameIsFlynn! » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:11 pm

kingabraham3 wrote:

great job! i added a few more stats on the right side. recommend to format the LSAT stats to 0 decimal places, and the GPA stats to 2 decimal places. also make a column to indicate if a Virginia resident or not.
Thanks, done and done. I also added a second sheet for the WL scatterplot. feel free to play around (it shoulnd't be protected).

also sunny i don't think the link copied right into the OP post

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:21 pm

Fixed

joshhoward

Bronze

Post by joshhoward » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:46 am

MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:
kingabraham3 wrote:

Thanks, done and done. I also added a second sheet for the WL scatterplot. feel free to play around (it shoulnd't be protected).

i made some changes to graph. it will dynamically update the color of the dots based on outcome (i.e. if "In" than the dot becomes green, if "ding" then becomes red, etc.)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MyNameIsFlynn!

Silver

Post by MyNameIsFlynn! » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:00 am

kingabraham3 wrote:
MyNameIsFlynn! wrote:
kingabraham3 wrote:

i made some changes to graph. it will dynamically update the color of the dots based on outcome (i.e. if "In" than the dot becomes green, if "ding" then becomes red, etc.)
Thanks - this is awesome!

I have to say I'm kind of jealous of future applicants. They are going to have all kind of information, like this graph, available that will make the admissions process so much more transparent and hopefully less stressful. I can't even imagine applying in the days before TLS, LSN, LST, myLSN.info, Held spreadsheets, etc. etc. haha.

JXander

Silver

Post by JXander » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:24 am

Wow. I can't believe they WL'ed a 176/3.9. Has UVA always been this crazy with its waiting list?

danitt

Gold

Post by danitt » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:28 am

JXander wrote:Wow. I can't believe they WL'ed a 176/3.9. Has UVA always been this crazy with its waiting list?
In recent times they seem to have gotten a little YP crazy.

Rory19

Bronze

Post by Rory19 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:37 pm

Great spreadsheet--I added my data in as well.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

EdSaid

New

Post by EdSaid » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:06 pm

JXander wrote:Wow. I can't believe they WL'ed a 176/3.9. Has UVA always been this crazy with its waiting list?
I think I got WL'ed because I didn't write a Why UVA and my softs are very weak. It's ironic because UVA was one of my top choices as they have a very strong program in the exact area I want to work in.

edamame

Bronze

Post by edamame » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:30 pm

I didn't accept on Friday. Hope it frees up a spot for one of you ... and potentially some scholarship money. :-)

perfectheight411

New

Post by perfectheight411 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:51 pm

what does URM stand for?

LRGhost

Gold

Post by LRGhost » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:01 pm

perfectheight411 wrote:what does URM stand for?
Under represented minority.

African American, Mexican American, Puerto Rican, Native American.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bruin91

Bronze

Post by bruin91 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Does anyone want to go to Virginia to take a tour and meet up with Dean Richard?

IF so, I'm interested. Would love to have someone to go with.

Rlabo

Silver

Post by Rlabo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:25 pm

bruin91 wrote:Does anyone want to go to Virginia to take a tour and meet up with Dean Richard?

Not sure if you can: "What about an interview? Unfortunately, we simply do not have the resources to offer interview opportunities to wait-listed candidates." -From UVA waitlist FAQ

JXander

Silver

Post by JXander » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:35 pm

Rlabo wrote:"What about an interview? Unfortunately, we simply do not have the resources to offer interview opportunities to wait-listed candidates." -From UVA waitlist FAQ
No kidding. They decided to WL a ridiculous amount of applicants.

bruin91

Bronze

Post by bruin91 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:53 pm

Rlabo wrote:
bruin91 wrote:Does anyone want to go to Virginia to take a tour and meet up with Dean Richard?

Not sure if you can: "What about an interview? Unfortunately, we simply do not have the resources to offer interview opportunities to wait-listed candidates." -From UVA waitlist FAQ
I spoke to Dean Richard today. She was very nice and was extremely inviting for any waitlisted students to visit the campus. They have tours going on until end of April. I think it'd be nice to actually see the campus and talk to professors/students.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Rlabo

Silver

Post by Rlabo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:57 pm

bruin91 wrote:
Rlabo wrote:

I spoke to Dean Richard today. She was very nice and was extremely inviting for any waitlisted students to visit the campus. They have tours going on until end of April. I think it'd be nice to actually see the campus and talk to professors/students.
Hmm. Thats good to know thanks for the info, I may actually do that. Any idea if tours are given on weekends? That would be perfect.

Mack12

Bronze

Post by Mack12 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Rlabo wrote:
bruin91 wrote:
Rlabo wrote:

Hmm. Thats good to know thanks for the info, I may actually do that. Any idea if tours are given on weekends? That would be perfect.
I'm going to tour on Friday, if anyone else is let me know!! and no weekend tours. Just weekdays. Super inconvenient for those of us still in UG.

bruin91

Bronze

Post by bruin91 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:03 pm

I'm going to tour on Friday, if anyone else is let me know!! and no weekend tours. Just weekdays. Super inconvenient for those of us still in UG.[/quote]

This friday? I have yet to book a flight. How much did your roundtrip come out to? how far are you traveling?

hoogs23

Bronze

Post by hoogs23 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:16 pm

i'm on the waitlist too, and if any who visits wants to tour around cville, pm me. i go to undergrad here

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”