WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Xs20 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:55 pm

cusenation wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:Anyone still looking for housing might want to check this place out (females preferred)

--LinkRemoved--

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Xs20, is that you?

Xs20 wrote:Who told you you could change your avatar?

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Fri May 24, 2013 2:17 pm

Xs20 wrote:Xs20, is that you?

Xs20 wrote:Who told you you could change your avatar?

One day i will have glorious vengeance.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lhanvt13 » Fri May 24, 2013 3:43 pm

So, I still haven't gotten a response about scholly and it's been about 3 weeks. Would it be naggy to email them again? I'm trying to make a decision by the 28th

illiniguy1551
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby illiniguy1551 » Fri May 24, 2013 4:06 pm

In off wait-list yesterday, got email with $22,000 per year today. Definitely a game-changer.

User avatar
MarkinKansasCity
Posts: 10955
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Fri May 24, 2013 4:20 pm

illiniguy1551 wrote:In off wait-list yesterday, got email with $22,000 per year today. Definitely a game-changer.


numbers?

illiniguy1551
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby illiniguy1551 » Fri May 24, 2013 4:30 pm

164 / 3.75 / non URM

User avatar
MarkinKansasCity
Posts: 10955
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Fri May 24, 2013 4:38 pm

illiniguy1551 wrote:164 / 3.75 / non URM


Thanks. Just trying to gauge the chances of getting my scholly upped a little more.

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Fri May 24, 2013 4:41 pm

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Total Litigator
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Total Litigator » Fri May 24, 2013 6:46 pm

With the last two waitlist + $$ offers noted in this thread, I would say WUSTL may have hit it's LSAT goal but is still fishing for 3.7's.

Cellar-door
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Cellar-door » Fri May 24, 2013 7:36 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:So, I still haven't gotten a response about scholly and it's been about 3 weeks. Would it be naggy to email them again? I'm trying to make a decision by the 28th

Call. I didn't hear back for a long time about scholarship when I emailed, I called and got a (small) boost the next day.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Fri May 24, 2013 7:45 pm

Cellar-door wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:So, I still haven't gotten a response about scholly and it's been about 3 weeks. Would it be naggy to email them again? I'm trying to make a decision by the 28th

Call. I didn't hear back for a long time about scholarship when I emailed, I called and got a (small) boost the next day.

don't worry about being naggy...you have nothing to lose other than them being possibly annoyed with u for about 15 minutes. Also remember that it's within your right to ask them for a deposit extension if u need more time to decide..again, nothing to lose

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lhanvt13 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:45 pm

cusenation wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:So, I still haven't gotten a response about scholly and it's been about 3 weeks. Would it be naggy to email them again? I'm trying to make a decision by the 28th

Call. I didn't hear back for a long time about scholarship when I emailed, I called and got a (small) boost the next day.

don't worry about being naggy...you have nothing to lose other than them being possibly annoyed with u for about 15 minutes. Also remember that it's within your right to ask them for a deposit extension if u need more time to decide..again, nothing to lose

Alrighty thanks guys I'm gonna call and check back.

LawSchoolAFROBarbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:28 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby LawSchoolAFROBarbie » Sat May 25, 2013 10:06 am

Has anyone filled out that financial aid form on the wustl website? What is the purpose of this as opposed to the fafsa form? Im having difficulties filling it out.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sat May 25, 2013 2:59 pm

LawSchoolAFROBarbie wrote:Has anyone filled out that financial aid form on the wustl website? What is the purpose of this as opposed to the fafsa form? Im having difficulties filling it out.

I don't actually know what the form was for, but it was due sometime in FEbruary. But you were admitted recently then you probably have a diff deadline. All i know is that you need to fill out that form to qualify for financial aid

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15401
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sublime » Thu May 30, 2013 12:10 am

..

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu May 30, 2013 12:13 am

sublime wrote:And I may see you in St Louis as part of the c/o 2017, Cuse style.

Only way to do it brother :D If you end up sitting this one out, then best of luck to you!

Jay2716
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Jay2716 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:04 am

I just wanted to let you know cuse the Georgetown trolling is 180.

jdmonkey
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jdmonkey » Fri May 31, 2013 1:12 pm

sublime wrote:Well guys, after thinking it over it is looking increasingly likely that I am going to be sitting this one out and will be retaking/reapplying. Not 100% yet but getting there. Regardless, best of luck to all of you and I am disappointed that I probably will not be classmates with you guys. You all seem like good guys, and girls (with a special shout out to Cuse and Xs20 for helping me out so much this cycle). And I may see you in St Louis as part of the c/o 2017, Cuse style.

Again, not 100% sure yet, but leaning towards the retake. If I do withdraw, it will be by Saturday and hopefully one of you guys gets my spot and cash. :D


Oh no...I was looking forward to our epic affirmative action debate :mrgreen: Best of luck.

MinkiTaro
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:06 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MinkiTaro » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:12 pm

I contacted the admissions office on May 24th asking what documents they accept over the summer from wait-listed applicants (Like a thesis or additional LORs). The woman on the other end was very cheerful and told me anything I feel that would strengthen my application. I'm also retaking my LSAT in 10 days and feel pretty good about that.

I already sent in a LOCI.
I also had my school send my final transcript directly to WUSTL, rather than LSAC (the woman on the phone told me to do this).
She also said that they like to hear from WL'd applicants regularly throughout the summer. What exactly does that mean? How often should I call?

She could not confirm whether my LOCI was received, and my transcript was sent out on the 24th.

When should I call to ask at least whether my transcript was received?

Cellar-door
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Cellar-door » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:16 pm

MinkiTaro wrote:I contacted the admissions office on May 24th asking what documents they accept over the summer from wait-listed applicants (Like a thesis or additional LORs). The woman on the other end was very cheerful and told me anything I feel that would strengthen my application. I'm also retaking my LSAT in 10 days and feel pretty good about that.

I already sent in a LOCI.
I also had my school send my final transcript directly to WUSTL, rather than LSAC (the woman on the phone told me to do this).
She also said that they like to hear from WL'd applicants regularly throughout the summer. What exactly does that mean? How often should I call?

She could not confirm whether my LOCI was received, and my transcript was sent out on the 24th.

When should I call to ask at least whether my transcript was received?


I wouldn't call more than once a week or so personally.
Call on Tuesday or Wednesday about the transcript

User avatar
MarkinKansasCity
Posts: 10955
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:37 pm

It's official. I withdrew from all other schools today and put down my second deposit. They upped my scholly to $90k today. WINNING.

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:44 pm

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MarkinKansasCity
Posts: 10955
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:46 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:Increased to 72k. Half is nice, but it's still 50k more than UGA.

78k debt for WUSTL is crazy, right?!


That depends. To go where? Georgia from St. Louis might be tough.

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:49 pm

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Xs20 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:52 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:Increased to 72k. Half is nice, but it's still 50k more than UGA.

78k debt for WUSTL is crazy, right?!

I don't think $78k total would be bad, but after you factor in cost of living and interest, you're looking at around $146k debt at repayment, which I don't think many people would tell you to do.

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... geid=61621




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, Google Adsense [Bot], iluvlawschool, ramp_999 and 14 guests