WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Birdnals
Posts: 4576
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Birdnals » Fri May 10, 2013 3:04 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
cusenation wrote:ETA: Actually, USC probably has better hoodies and junk. Nvermind, go to USC.

I dunno, it's slim pickings over there too: http://uscbookstore.com/c-74-usc-gould.aspx


What I wouldn't do for a dry fit wustl law polo...

User avatar
RedGiant
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:30 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby RedGiant » Fri May 10, 2013 3:49 pm

OMG - St. Louis is burning! (Just kidding.) My friend just forwarded me this and I thought it was interesting.

Also, wrt SoCal debate. I'm from SoCal. From the beach. Where I grew up looks like Malibu/Pepperdine--gorgeous. USC does not look like that. But you can live at a beach city and commute. It will be legions more expensive than WUSTL. No doubt.

Here's the interesting article though:
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... g-20130510

(Can you guys tell I miss you!?!? I do.)

jdmonkey
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jdmonkey » Fri May 10, 2013 4:15 pm

Fiona. I think you need to go back at USC and demand a better scholarship. 60k isn't enough. You are getting 45k more at WUSTL, which is only one spot behind in US News. I know employment numbers and where you feel comfortable are much more important, but the admissions offices live and die by US News. Who do they think they are...Boalt with that garbage scholarship?

Randomnumbers
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Randomnumbers » Sat May 11, 2013 12:56 am

jdmonkey wrote:Fiona. I think you need to go back at USC and demand a better scholarship. 60k isn't enough. You are getting 45k more at WUSTL, which is only one spot behind in US News. I know employment numbers and where you feel comfortable are much more important, but the admissions offices live and die by US News. Who do they think they are...Boalt with that garbage scholarship?


The problem with getting USC to match the scholarship at WUSTL is the fact that they don't consider themselves a peer school. They think they are a tier ahead, and frankly, they are right, employment wise. The Midwest T25's have to offer more money, because our location in the midwest hampers our biglaw numbers vs the Boston/NY/Cali comparably ranked schools.

User avatar
yodamiked
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:07 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby yodamiked » Sat May 11, 2013 2:41 am

Randomnumbers wrote:
jdmonkey wrote:Fiona. I think you need to go back at USC and demand a better scholarship. 60k isn't enough. You are getting 45k more at WUSTL, which is only one spot behind in US News. I know employment numbers and where you feel comfortable are much more important, but the admissions offices live and die by US News. Who do they think they are...Boalt with that garbage scholarship?


The problem with getting USC to match the scholarship at WUSTL is the fact that they don't consider themselves a peer school. They think they are a tier ahead, and frankly, they are right, employment wise. The Midwest T25's have to offer more money, because our location in the midwest hampers our biglaw numbers vs the Boston/NY/Cali comparably ranked schools.


A school being a "peer school" is far less important than if you are seriously considering attending another school. They want you. Clearly lay it out on the table for them that unless they make it financially viable for you, you have to go with the school that has provided a more doable financial aid offer. I agree that peer school stuff matters when you're dealing with a school ranked 70th and a school ranked 19th, but that's only because the admission staff doesn't believe that you would seriously consider choosing a lower 2nd tier school over an upper first tier. I was questioned by fellow TLSers on why I would think that WUSTL and UCLA would compete financial aid offers with each other, but they both readily did. It's especially helpful when you can point out to LA based schools how much more expensive total COA is when you include the high living costs there.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck!

Randomnumbers
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Randomnumbers » Sat May 11, 2013 2:54 am

Oh, I agree that you definitely try. I join the other TLS'ers in indicating surprise that UCLA would match a WUSTL scholarship.

User avatar
soccerfreak
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:57 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby soccerfreak » Sat May 11, 2013 3:00 pm

yodamiked wrote:A school being a "peer school" is far less important than if you are seriously considering attending another school.


Yep.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon May 13, 2013 11:54 am

bump

User avatar
bananasplit19
Posts: 686
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby bananasplit19 » Mon May 13, 2013 12:25 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:Adding to the check-in train. Complete as of 11/14, looking at pics of AB Hall to pass the time.

A sad, cloudy Monday: just officially withdrew.

WUSTL was the first app I submitted. I'm a Page 1 veteran of what would become the WUSTL Mega-Thread. WUSTL was my first acceptance, and I was the first to report my interview-fueled acceptance here on this thread. Thanks to the almighty dollar and/or the almighty USNWR rankings, I'm attending elsewhere, but I'll always think of WUSTL as the eternally-never-off-the-front-page-best.

Image

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon May 13, 2013 1:01 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:Adding to the check-in train. Complete as of 11/14, looking at pics of AB Hall to pass the time.

A sad, cloudy Monday: just officially withdrew.

WUSTL was the first app I submitted. I'm a Page 1 veteran of what would become the WUSTL Mega-Thread. WUSTL was my first acceptance, and I was the first to report my interview-fueled acceptance here on this thread. Thanks to the almighty dollar and/or the almighty USNWR rankings, I'm attending elsewhere, but I'll always think of WUSTL as the eternally-never-off-the-front-page-best.

Image

Sad to see you go man :( , best of luck!

jdmonkey
Posts: 437
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby jdmonkey » Mon May 13, 2013 4:27 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:Adding to the check-in train. Complete as of 11/14, looking at pics of AB Hall to pass the time.

A sad, cloudy Monday: just officially withdrew.

WUSTL was the first app I submitted. I'm a Page 1 veteran of what would become the WUSTL Mega-Thread. WUSTL was my first acceptance, and I was the first to report my interview-fueled acceptance here on this thread. Thanks to the almighty dollar and/or the almighty USNWR rankings, I'm attending elsewhere, but I'll always think of WUSTL as the eternally-never-off-the-front-page-best.

Image


Good luck at Northwestern.

User avatar
StLNE
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:02 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby StLNE » Mon May 13, 2013 8:24 pm

Going to withdraw tomorrow and put some $$$ back in the pot; hope it goes to someone in this thread. Best of luck in St. Louis to everyone matriculating this fall, you'll really enjoy the school and the area

User avatar
law chihuahua
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:18 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby law chihuahua » Tue May 14, 2013 5:37 pm

Was really sad to do so, but withdrew w/ some $$$. I hope a TLSer gets it. Good luck anyone that's waiting. :D

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu May 16, 2013 11:51 am

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=209662

Non-TLS friend needs some help, input would be appreciated :D

JesusChrist
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JesusChrist » Thu May 16, 2013 12:00 pm

I'm out. Just withdrew with 90k. So if you were pondering whether to send in that scholly-increase negotiation letter, now might be a good time.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu May 16, 2013 12:02 pm

JesusChrist wrote:I'm out. Just withdrew with 90k. So if you were pondering whether to send in that scholly-increase negotiation letter, now might be a good time.

Good luck dude! USC I'm assuming?

JesusChrist
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby JesusChrist » Thu May 16, 2013 12:06 pm

cusenation wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:I'm out. Just withdrew with 90k. So if you were pondering whether to send in that scholly-increase negotiation letter, now might be a good time.

Good luck dude! USC I'm assuming?


Yup! Wrote SC a letter and they agreed to increase my scholarship to almost match WUSTL. Thanks though. I hope WUSTL turns out great for all you guys going. I would have really liked to be there, but staying in CA was too hard to turn down.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15419
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sublime » Thu May 16, 2013 12:11 pm

..

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu May 16, 2013 12:13 pm

sublime wrote:
cusenation wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=209662

Non-TLS friend needs some help, input would be appreciated :D



Posted. Although I am surprised that you haven't been working on him to go to wustl for two years now! 8)

LOL i mean I did make a case for WUSTL but I wanted him to have some more objective insight. I know nothing about IUB and Indiana

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15419
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby sublime » Fri May 17, 2013 12:47 am

..

Cellar-door
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby Cellar-door » Fri May 17, 2013 1:11 pm

nm
Last edited by Cellar-door on Tue May 21, 2013 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby lhanvt13 » Mon May 20, 2013 9:01 pm

myeh, no info on scholly... I knew it was a stretch but I think I'll be withdrawing unless money pops up before June 1st. Thanks guys it was awesome

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Thu May 23, 2013 10:22 am

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu May 23, 2013 10:38 am

2012Lsatscore wrote:In off the wait list. Notified via e-mail.

Congrats :D

User avatar
dougfunny
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:15 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Postby dougfunny » Thu May 23, 2013 10:39 am

cusenation wrote:
2012Lsatscore wrote:In off the wait list. Notified via e-mail.

Congrats :D


Congrats. Is wustl still in the running for you?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, Google [Bot], whodareswins and 23 guests