WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:14 am

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=203065&start=400#p6720970

C'mon guys we can do better than this!! :evil:

User avatar
WokeUpInACar
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby WokeUpInACar » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:10 pm

cusenation wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=203065&start=400#p6720970

C'mon guys we can do better than this!! :evil:

I'm still waiting to hear back :| They said they would "certainly get back to (me) before that date (tomorrow)"

T20hopeful89
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:26 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby T20hopeful89 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:31 pm

Just withdrew, throwing back about 90k into the pot. Was a really, really tough decision, but decided the midwest just wasn't the right place for me. I loved wustl when I visited and I really hope everyone going enjoys it!!!!

User avatar
Fiona91216
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:14 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Fiona91216 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:23 pm

hey Shrek.

User avatar
Presidentjlh
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Presidentjlh » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:02 pm

I keep hoping I'll get a letter saying I'm getting more scholarship money, lol.
But they basically have me already locked in.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:04 pm

Presidentjlh wrote:I keep hoping I'll get a letter saying I'm getting more scholarship money, lol.
But they basically have me already locked in.


Fortune favors the patient bro :D

And also, declare your fealty to almighty WUSTL

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=203065

User avatar
Presidentjlh
Posts: 868
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Presidentjlh » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:31 pm

jdmonkey wrote:Everyone who is committed to attend WUSTL next year put a +1. I want to see who my classmates are going to be :)

+1

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:34 pm

Random protip:

If you guys are planning to get ABC's of UCC- Article 2, buy it on Amazon's UK site, it's sooo much cheaper even after you adjust for Britain's stronger currency. It's like $100-$175 used in the U.S. but only $30-$50 in the U.K.

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby hoos89 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:49 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:51 pm

hoos89 wrote:
cusenation wrote:Random protip:

If you guys are planning to get ABC's of UCC- Article 2, buy it on Amazon's UK site, it's sooo much cheaper even after you adjust for Britain's stronger currency. It's like $100-$175 used in the U.S. but only $30-$50 in the U.K.


Kind've a random 0L purchase.


Dat UCC

Image

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:37 pm

Holy balls I just got accepted guys

User avatar
WokeUpInACar
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby WokeUpInACar » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:38 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:Holy balls I just got accepted guys

Congrats!!!

User avatar
TatteredDignity
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:06 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby TatteredDignity » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:41 pm

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) wrote:if you are a Gender Studies major from State U, no one will ever care what your GPA was.


As a 175/2.5 from Big State U, I really hoped this was true a couple of years ago. Now that I'm applying for clerkships, I realize that my UG grades may dog me forever.

User avatar
Unoriginalist
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Unoriginalist » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:49 pm

Presidentjlh wrote:I keep hoping I'll get a letter saying I'm getting more scholarship money, lol.
But they basically have me already locked in.


Got an increase today, even after putting in both deposits. Good luck!

User avatar
WokeUpInACar
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby WokeUpInACar » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:15 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:
Presidentjlh wrote:I keep hoping I'll get a letter saying I'm getting more scholarship money, lol.
But they basically have me already locked in.


Got an increase today, even after putting in both deposits. Good luck!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:16 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:Holy balls I just got accepted guys

Congrats!!!

thanks! now sticker price....

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:23 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:Holy balls I just got accepted guys

:!: :!: Congrats!!

User avatar
FKASunny
Posts: 3904
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:40 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby FKASunny » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:48 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) wrote:if you are a Gender Studies major from State U, no one will ever care what your GPA was.


As a 175/2.5 from Big State U, I really hoped this was true a couple of years ago. Now that I'm applying for clerkships, I realize that my UG grades may dog me forever.

Care to elaborate?

User avatar
TatteredDignity
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:06 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby TatteredDignity » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:56 pm

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) wrote:if you are a Gender Studies major from State U, no one will ever care what your GPA was.


As a 175/2.5 from Big State U, I really hoped this was true a couple of years ago. Now that I'm applying for clerkships, I realize that my UG grades may dog me forever.

Care to elaborate?


There's not much more to say. 95% of federal judges ask for a copy of your UG transcript. Not all of them necessarily care about it, but it's annoying that any of them cares at all, especially if you have a stellar law school record. I don't know if it's a coincidence, but my only interview so far has been with the one judge I applied to who didn't request a UG transcript.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2379
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby lhanvt13 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:02 pm

cusenation wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:Holy balls I just got accepted guys

:!: :!: Congrats!!

Thanks bro ! Yummyyyy

User avatar
Birdnals
Posts: 4576
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Birdnals » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:32 pm

cusenation wrote:
hoos89 wrote:
cusenation wrote:Random protip:

If you guys are planning to get ABC's of UCC- Article 2, buy it on Amazon's UK site, it's sooo much cheaper even after you adjust for Britain's stronger currency. It's like $100-$175 used in the U.S. but only $30-$50 in the U.K.


Kind've a random 0L purchase.


Dat UCC



You do realize some contracts professors teach next-to-nothing out of the UCC, correct?

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shifty_eyed » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:41 pm

Birdnals wrote:
cusenation wrote:
hoos89 wrote:
cusenation wrote:Random protip:

If you guys are planning to get ABC's of UCC- Article 2, buy it on Amazon's UK site, it's sooo much cheaper even after you adjust for Britain's stronger currency. It's like $100-$175 used in the U.S. but only $30-$50 in the U.K.


Kind've a random 0L purchase.


Dat UCC



You do realize some contracts professors teach next-to-nothing out of the UCC, correct?


MAC probably already sent cuse his schedule with syllabi and suggested readings attached.

Randomnumbers
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Randomnumbers » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:51 pm

Birdnals wrote:You do realize some contracts professors teach next-to-nothing out of the UCC, correct?


As you no doubt recall (the class only ending last week) Degeest teaches Degeest law, which basically cares nothing for UCC. If you have to read something as 0L's (spoiler: you don't) the only things I'd recommend are Freer (Civ Pro), Chemerinsky (Con Law), Dressler (Crim), and the E&E's.

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby hoos89 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:12 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BOOM SHAKA LAKA
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby BOOM SHAKA LAKA » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:55 pm

Hey everyone.

I sent a negotiation letter and just got upped to 20k/yr. Would it be bad to.... like... ask for more? Or is that usually the final offer?

Thanks,
BOOM SHAKA LAKA




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 88234, ad34964n, Assasindowntheavenue, Baidu [Spider], carlos_danger, Chipotle85, Cjozsa242, emirleee, Houzy, laurlaur2112, LawSchoolTitan, Long shot hero, mccracal, mm2368, The_Pluviophile, ThorB, tinycatfriend, vho1791, xn3345, Yahoo [Bot] and 34 guests