WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Tremendous
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:31 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby Tremendous » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:30 am

So I went to the ASD as well.

Had a great time there. The programs were well organized, the faculty/students/alumni seemed extremely smart, helpful, and happy to meet with us, and the facilities and campus were first-class. I stayed at a hotel on the Delmar Loop and it seemed like a decent enough area. Didn't get to check out Central West End, University City, or Clayton.

Definitely not 90% sure I'm attending Wash U like some of the others, mainly because I'm hesitant about primary job opportunities being in the Midwest (even though I know it is certainly possible to leave if you have good grades and build great connections, given the CSO presentation). I would say that the Northeast is my target region, and I think other places might be better-equipped to get me there.

I will say, though, that Wash U makes it very very very hard not to want to go there. Above all, everyone there seems truly happy and they make you feel genuinely wanted.

Randomnumbers
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby Randomnumbers » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:13 am

I think my section is the exception, but of our 6 main courses this semester, we've only had one where we are allowed to use laptops. I think no-laptops is becoming more and more common.

That being said, I truly believe that if you are using your laptop in class, you are doing it wrong. (Again, everyone knows how they learn best).

So far, I really like WUSTL, as a 1L. That being said, I haven't hit the job market with a vengeance yet, so I haven't had time to be jaded.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:20 am

nothing more encouraging to an 0L than when his 3L friend at Yale with an offer from a V5 posts "Fuck law i'm gonna write a book" as a FB status :shock:

(Sorry for off topic. But this thread is most therapeutic thing in my life right now :D )
Last edited by DoveBodyWash on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby shntn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:22 am

cusenation wrote:nothing more encouraging to an 0L than when his 3L friend at Yale with an offer from a V5 posts "Fuck law i'm gonna write a book" as a FB status :shock:

Some people are just plain weird.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:30 am

.
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:31 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:What does the V# mean...ive seen that used a few times.



It refers to the Vault law firm rankings. So V5 would be the top 5 most prestigious firms as ranked by Vault..V10 would be top 10 and so on =)

http://www.vault.com/wps/portal/usa/rankings/individual?rankingId1=2&rankingId2=-1&rankings=1&regionId=0&rankingYear=2013

The rankings never stop lol

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby Crowing » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:51 am

YLS people are weird. I know a guy who went: super prestigious 6y MD program -> econ at H -> worked in finance -> quit job -> YLS -> quit LS to found a computer startup -> back to YLS

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:52 am

Crowing wrote:YLS people are weird. I know a guy who went: super prestigious 6y MD program -> econ at H -> worked in finance -> quit job -> YLS -> quit LS to found a computer startup -> back to YLS


Da Fuq......???? hahaha

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby shntn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:52 am

Crowing wrote:YLS people are weird. I know a guy who went: super prestigious 6y MD program -> econ at H -> worked in finance -> quit job -> YLS -> quit LS to found a computer startup -> back to YLS

Sounds kinda dumb for a smart guy. Or maybe just loaded enough to dabble in whatever he's in the mood for?

mfreda
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby mfreda » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:53 am

applied New Years... got in Friday

166
3.5

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby Crowing » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:33 pm

shntn wrote:
Crowing wrote:YLS people are weird. I know a guy who went: super prestigious 6y MD program -> econ at H -> worked in finance -> quit job -> YLS -> quit LS to found a computer startup -> back to YLS

Sounds kinda dumb for a smart guy. Or maybe just loaded enough to dabble in whatever he's in the mood for?


i think it's part not being able to make up his mind about what he wants to do and part just loving being a student

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby shntn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:34 pm

Crowing wrote:
shntn wrote:
Crowing wrote:YLS people are weird. I know a guy who went: super prestigious 6y MD program -> econ at H -> worked in finance -> quit job -> YLS -> quit LS to found a computer startup -> back to YLS

Sounds kinda dumb for a smart guy. Or maybe just loaded enough to dabble in whatever he's in the mood for?


i think it's part not being able to make up his mind about what he wants to do and part just loving being a student

I know the type. Professional collectors of degrees.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:47 pm

shntn wrote:I know the type. Professional collectors of degrees.

This is my plan. I plan on accumulating as much student debt as I can until I die.

User avatar
rabbitrun
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 9:20 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby rabbitrun » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:29 pm

bettercallsaul91 wrote:I wonder why some people got interviews before being admitted and others didn't. I never got an interview :/ wonder if people who got interviews were more competitive for scholarships ...


Yeah I'm getting scared that my lack of interview was a badish sign.

elless
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:11 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby elless » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:30 pm

I just checked my status and my app was complete as of 1/23.

Under fees I have a notation for a first and second deposit along with my application fee. Is this something that everyone sees? Is this something that those who have been admitted thus far have seen either before or after you received your offers??


This is how it looks

Fee type Date Due Amt. Due Amt. Paid Date Paid
Application Fee Paid 1/*/2013 70.00 70.00 1/*/2013
First Deposit Paid 0.00 .00
Second Deposit Paid 0.00 .00

User avatar
rabbitrun
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu May 19, 2011 9:20 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby rabbitrun » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:37 pm

elless wrote:I just checked my status and my app was complete as of 1/23.

Under fees I have a notation for a first and second deposit along with my application fee. Is this something that everyone sees? Is this something that those who have been admitted thus far have seen either before or after you received your offers??


This is how it looks

Fee type Date Due Amt. Due Amt. Paid Date Paid
Application Fee Paid 1/*/2013 70.00 70.00 1/*/2013
First Deposit Paid 0.00 .00
Second Deposit Paid 0.00 .00


Normal. Get comfy you only went complete less than a week ago.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:32 pm

.
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby simplycatalina » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:35 pm

Has anyone done a skype interview? I want to sign up for one hopefully to expedite the process and I was just wondering what to expect.

User avatar
crossingfingers
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby crossingfingers » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:01 am

cbarlow1016 wrote:Has anyone done a skype interview? I want to sign up for one hopefully to expedite the process and I was just wondering what to expect.


I intended on doing the interview via Skype (I figured it's not often that you get to do a Skype interview and it's a useful thing to practice), but when I called to schedule, they steered me towards phone. The woman I spoke with said that if I really preferred Skype, they could make it happen, but that phone was easier and that a few interviewees had experienced connection trouble. I just went with the phone to be less of a pain.

I'm not suggesting that you don't do Skype, I would just maybe state clearly that you're calling them to schedule your Skype interview instead of just an interview. Good luck!



On another note, this is literally the only time in my life when I have counted down the hours left in a given weekend. Hopefully this week brings some movement, last week was a slow one.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:52 am

crossingfingers wrote:On another note, this is literally the only time in my life when I have counted down the hours left in a given weekend. Hopefully this week brings some movement, last week was a slow one.


It's the last week of January...scholly's are set to be released in mid-Feb..SURELY they'll be releasing a lot of decisions before then right??? Unless they're planning on making most of their decisions AFTER the scholly release?? Best of luck to everyone still waiting! Hopefully there's a lot of good news in the next 2 weeks! (especially this one)

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:08 am

.
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:31 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:Yay its Monday! Which means time for more endlessly refreshing the status checker page (not that I wasn't doing it over the weekend)


+1

Ah..if i had a nickel for every time I checked a status checker on Sunday even though I knew nothing would be different...

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:11 pm

cusenation wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Yay its Monday! Which means time for more endlessly refreshing the status checker page (not that I wasn't doing it over the weekend)


+1

Ah..if i had a nickel for every time I checked a status checker on Sunday even though I knew nothing would be different...


Well the admissions office told me that they never change the status from complete to a decision and that all decisions are sent over email. Untrue?

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby wannabelawstudent » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:12 pm

.
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:32 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
cusenation wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Yay its Monday! Which means time for more endlessly refreshing the status checker page (not that I wasn't doing it over the weekend)


+1

Ah..if i had a nickel for every time I checked a status checker on Sunday even though I knew nothing would be different...


Well the admissions office told me that they never change the status from complete to a decision and that all decisions are sent over email. Untrue?

Cuse is already in, he was talking about other schools. But yeah, wannabe, nothing will change in your status checker for WUSTL




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tinafeyclone and 2 guests