Page 333 of 399

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:54 pm
by JadeWest
RedGiant wrote:It's like the whole city's on sale, if you're from a coast.


DEAD. :lol: :lol:

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:05 pm
by lhanvt13
cusenation wrote:
RedGiant wrote:
cusenation wrote:Goddammit how did i miss the Asian/Bubble tea discussion!?

But yeah there are wayyyy more asians on the coasts. But I think WUSTL as a university still garners a lot of interest from Asians...i know there are plenty of Asians in the undergrad program. Not sure about the law school though, but whatever I like being relatively exotic. Obviously nothing will compare to the cali schools where it's like 40-50% Asian at schools like Berkeley and UCLA (for undergrad)

I NEED ME SOME BOBA

ETA: I always get my boba bubble-free .... :(


I'm from a coast, so again, used to many Asians. While WUSTL was not full of Asians, there was a smattering, and I echo the comments that whatever one's color, everyone seemed very mingly and friendly overall. Hope that helps.

The boba tea place that I saw was in the Loop. Given that the entire weekend was a caloric disaster, I did not stop in. But the MidWest has a lot of down home burgers and fries and beer places. We made sure to sample several. I would have to make a concerted effort to exercise if I lived there. I was astounded at the food prices, on the whole. It's like the whole city's on sale, if you're from a coast.



I wonder how successful I'd be if i operated one of those Korean taco trucks on the side....Does the ABA have rules against 1L's working? I heard 1L's aren't allowed to work more than 20 hours or something...but still I think i could keep it under 20 hours if it was an after-10pm food truck or something.

have you heard of Japadogs? ! http://www.japadog.com/

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:06 pm
by Xs20
Wannabe moved to be promoted to admin in the Facebook group. The board unanimously voted it down.

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:07 pm
by lhanvt13
Xs20 wrote:Wannabe moved to be promoted to admin in the Facebook group. The board unanimously voted it down.

LOL

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:07 pm
by wannabelawstudent
Xs20 wrote:Wannabe moved to be promoted to admin in the Facebook group. The board unanimously voted it down.

Cuse's reason was literally "If I did it I'd have to promote a female"

Obviously that was unacceptable to him.

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:10 pm
by RedGiant
cusenation wrote:

I wonder how successful I'd be if i operated one of those Korean taco trucks on the side....Does the ABA have rules against 1L's working? I heard 1L's aren't allowed to work more than 20 hours or something...but still I think i could keep it under 20 hours if it was an after-10pm food truck or something.


Cuse, Scooped. Actually, there was a Korean Taco place in the Loop as well, just around the corner from Blueberry Hill. I explained to the non-food-truck-fusion-aficionados what that was all about.

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:12 pm
by wannabelawstudent
Image

Proof.

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:14 pm
by Xs20
Given your relentless efforts to overthrow the OP, we decided we couldn't take any chances on that kind of power corrupting you.

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:22 pm
by DoveBodyWash
RedGiant wrote:
cusenation wrote:

I wonder how successful I'd be if i operated one of those Korean taco trucks on the side....Does the ABA have rules against 1L's working? I heard 1L's aren't allowed to work more than 20 hours or something...but still I think i could keep it under 20 hours if it was an after-10pm food truck or something.


Cuse, Scooped. Actually, there was a Korean Taco place in the Loop as well, just around the corner from Blueberry Hill. I explained to the non-food-truck-fusion-aficionados what that was all about.


NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I guess I could always try and tutor the LSAT to undergrads for side money =/...

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:35 pm
by ammanley
cusenation wrote:
RedGiant wrote:
cusenation wrote:

I wonder how successful I'd be if i operated one of those Korean taco trucks on the side....Does the ABA have rules against 1L's working? I heard 1L's aren't allowed to work more than 20 hours or something...but still I think i could keep it under 20 hours if it was an after-10pm food truck or something.


Cuse, Scooped. Actually, there was a Korean Taco place in the Loop as well, just around the corner from Blueberry Hill. I explained to the non-food-truck-fusion-aficionados what that was all about.


NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I guess I could always try and tutor the LSAT to undergrads for side money =/...


+1

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:41 pm
by DoveBodyWash
My recent trip to LA makes me kinda wish i had applied to some cali schools this cycle...

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:10 pm
by TheThriller
Boba tea sounds gross. Give me a Gin and Tonic.

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:12 pm
by DoveBodyWash
ATL interview with a WUSTL Law adjunct prof and chair of Bryan Cave LLP (based in St. Louis)

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/04/the-atl- ... ryan-cave/

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:14 pm
by TheThriller
cusenation wrote:ATL interview with a WUSTL Law adjunct prof and chair of Bryan Cave LLP (based in St. Louis)

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/04/the-atl- ... ryan-cave/


What a soft-hitting, boomer-centric interview.

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:35 pm
by DoveBodyWash
TheThriller wrote:
cusenation wrote:ATL interview with a WUSTL Law adjunct prof and chair of Bryan Cave LLP (based in St. Louis)

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/04/the-atl- ... ryan-cave/


What a soft-hitting, boomer-centric interview.


yea, but i read that stuff so i can get a sense of the kool-aid that firms like to hear.

Also, new idea for law revue video. International Love-Chris Brown -->International Law

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:36 pm
by nba101790
Third complete update to today. I need a drink.

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:47 pm
by AMilfordMan
TheThriller wrote:Boba tea sounds gross. Give me a Gin and Tonic.

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:48 pm
by DoveBodyWash
AMilfordMan wrote:
TheThriller wrote:Boba tea sounds gross. Give me a Gin and Tonic.


Image

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:53 pm
by TheThriller
bad to the bone, ya.

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:00 pm
by DoveBodyWash
TheThriller wrote:bad to the bone, ya.


sapphire. wtf is beefeater

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:01 pm
by TheThriller
cusenation wrote:
TheThriller wrote:bad to the bone, ya.


sapphire. wtf is beefeater


TCR

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:04 pm
by Purplebook
Dmini7 wrote:Hi Dmini7,
We are still making scholarship decisions and are continuing to send them out
throughout this week. I would recommend checking back later this week or early next
to see if we have sent out all scholarship decisions if you have still not gotten an
award.

Best,
Washington University School of Law Admissions


I received this on April 1st when I asked.

Because of their disregard of other deposit deadlines, I doubt I would end up attending now. I mean, I love this thread and the people in it, but I haven't gotten the feeling that they really care too much about their prospective students.


They probably just don't want people using their offers to negotiate schollies with other schools. :twisted: :evil:

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:06 pm
by Presidentjlh
Straight whiskey or get out

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:15 pm
by AMilfordMan
Presidentjlh wrote:Straight whiskey or get out


My thread presence will increase tenfold now that whiskey and gin are in the conversation.

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:17 pm
by Presidentjlh
AMilfordMan wrote:
Presidentjlh wrote:Straight whiskey or get out


My thread presence will increase tenfold now that whiskey and gin are in the conversation.

Whiskey must always be in the conversation.