WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wannabelawstudent

Gold

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Post by wannabelawstudent » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:49 pm

Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:14 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Just a friendly reminded to all those lurkers out there. If you have been accepted to WUSTL, and have decided that you will not attend this university, it is considered courtesyto let WUSTL know by withdrawing your application.
+1

But withdrawals probably won't happen until late March/early April. By then people will have had time to negotiate scholly offers and will need to start paying deposits.

Granfalloon12

Bronze

Post by Granfalloon12 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:23 pm

cusenation wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Just a friendly reminded to all those lurkers out there. If you have been accepted to WUSTL, and have decided that you will not attend this university, it is considered courtesyto let WUSTL know by withdrawing your application.
+1

But withdrawals probably won't happen until late March/early April. By then people will have had time to negotiate scholly offers and will need to start paying deposits.

Serious question: what is courtesy regarding withdrawals? I totally understand people wanting others to notify schools for scholarship purposes and whatever, but when is customary?... only when I've 100% decided I'm not going there anymore, or some other designation?
And what's the general way to notify?... via email?
I did a quick search but came up with little info.

ks2499

Bronze

Post by ks2499 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Granfalloon12 wrote:
cusenation wrote:
+1

Serious question: what is courtesy regarding withdrawals? I totally understand people wanting others to notify schools for scholarship purposes and whatever, but when is customary?... only when I've 100% decided I'm not going there anymore, or some other designation?
I've withdrawn from a few safeties already, via email or using the form one school provided on their accepted students' site. I've really only withdrawn from schools I wouldn't attend, even with a full ride.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:28 pm

Granfalloon12 wrote:
cusenation wrote:
+1

Well for WUSTL they have a "I will not be attending" option in the Admitted Students Portal under the Deposits tab. But if you withdraw between or after deposit deadlines, it's probably best to email them. WUSTL is pretty nice about it, they'll wish you luck and ask you to fill out a survey that basically wants to know why you didn't enroll ("I enrolled somewhere else.."..."I am not attending law school this year"...etc..)

As far as "when", that's completely up to you. WUSTL states that you could lose your scholly if you're deposited at multiple schools by the Second Deposit deadline. But in general, most people will withdraw only when it's absolutely clear that a school is not an option for whatever reason (i.e. too expensive..too TTT...)

Just to provide a personal anecdote, I withdrew from everywhere minus Northwestern (waitlist) by the first deposit deadline and deposited at WUSTL last year. Then I withdrew from those two schools in mid-May after I got a job offer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Granfalloon12

Bronze

Post by Granfalloon12 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:38 pm

Thanks for the help, both of you. Most of that is what I suspected I just wanted to make sure I wasn't breaching some unspoken boundaries.
There are a few schools that I need to withdraw from, then.

bettercallsaul91

Bronze

Post by bettercallsaul91 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:54 pm

Unexpectedly falling headfirst in love with this school ... too bad for the below average CA bar passage rate :s if not for that I think it would be an easy leap

goldeneye

Silver

Post by goldeneye » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:01 pm

bettercallsaul91 wrote:Unexpectedly falling headfirst in love with this school ... too bad for the below average CA bar passage rate :s if not for that I think it would be an easy leap
you realize that has nothing to do with the school....

uconjak

Bronze

Post by uconjak » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:19 pm

In yesterday, found it in my email this afternoon...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wannabelawstudent

Gold

Post by wannabelawstudent » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:26 pm

Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoveBodyWash

Gold

Post by DoveBodyWash » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:27 pm

goldeneye wrote:
bettercallsaul91 wrote:Unexpectedly falling headfirst in love with this school ... too bad for the below average CA bar passage rate :s if not for that I think it would be an easy leap
+10

uconjak

Bronze

Post by uconjak » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:30 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
uconjak wrote:In yesterday, found it in my email this afternoon...
Numbers and when you went complete s'il vous plaît
168/3.9, complete on LSN

uconjak

Bronze

Post by uconjak » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:57 pm

Is iowa and WUSTL competing schools...i got 78k at Iowa...what will i get at WUSTL

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:59 pm

uconjak wrote:Is iowa and WUSTL competing schools...i got 78k at Iowa...what will i get at WUSTL
Iowa schollys have stips right? I'd bet 100k+ and no stips from WUSTL.

Also come to WUSTL for snacks and Friday chess, apparently.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:22 pm

Crowing wrote:
uconjak wrote:Is iowa and WUSTL competing schools...i got 78k at Iowa...what will i get at WUSTL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bettercallsaul91

Bronze

Post by bettercallsaul91 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:30 pm

goldeneye wrote:
You're right. Easy leap is easier then. I just got distracted by UCI waving around their 90% CA bar passage rate :/

goldeneye

Silver

Post by goldeneye » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:33 pm

bettercallsaul91 wrote:
goldeneye wrote:
You're right. Easy leap is easier then. I just got distracted by UCI waving around their 90% CA bar passage rate :/
if you study, you'll pass the bar. CA just has a lower passage rate because number of test takers, and they need to make it a bit more difficult.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Xs20

Silver

Post by Xs20 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:30 am

Crowing wrote:

Hahaha I had to take a stab at the student panel chick who was all about the snacks.

Also, did you end up making it sunny? Didn't see anyone who I thought looked like what I remember you looking like, and I didn't want to ask some rando "are you sunny?"

All in all though I loved everything about it. I couldn't believe how insanely nice Mary Ann Clifford and Janet Laybold were, I probably talked to them one on one for an hour. And at the reception Dean Clifford whispered to me that I'd be getting a "really big" scholarship in a couple weeks, which was awesome. So was the free beer.

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:39 am

Congrats!!!! And yeah, sunny was there.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:56 am

Xs20 wrote:
Crowing wrote:

Hahaha I had to take a stab at the student panel chick who was all about the snacks.

Also, did you end up making it sunny? Didn't see anyone who I thought looked like what I remember you looking like, and I didn't want to ask some rando "are you sunny?"

All in all though I loved everything about it. I couldn't believe how insanely nice Mary Ann Clifford and Janet Laybold were, I probably talked to them one on one for an hour. And at the reception Dean Clifford whispered to me that I'd be getting a "really big" scholarship in a couple weeks, which was awesome. So was the free beer.
I like that story. That's really cool.

dproduct

Gold

Post by dproduct » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:59 am

I hope Sunny is performing important research right about now.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:02 am

Xs20 wrote:
Crowing wrote:

He was late. And yeah I legitimately love WUSTL - most of the people there are both positive and realistic which is a pretty rare combination as far as LS these days is concerned. I was surprised by how few attendees there were but I there was no shortage of interesting people.

Xs20

Silver

Post by Xs20 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:42 am

Crowing wrote:
Xs20 wrote:
Crowing wrote:

He was late. And yeah I legitimately love WUSTL - most of the people there are both positive and realistic which is a pretty rare combination as far as LS these days is concerned. I was surprised by how few attendees there were but I there was no shortage of interesting people.
For sure, there were a lot of cool people there. Did we meet, crowing? I was the one who asked the CSO lady how many 2Ls get their jobs through OCI

simplycatalina

Silver

Post by simplycatalina » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:06 am

Did anyone do a skype interview?? I'm thinking of signing up for one right now.

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:58 pm

I don't think we met personally. I had a black sweater on and asked the student panel about clinics and alumni about in-house.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”