WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:16 pm

NIUmelk wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:I'm beginning to think I'll have to wait after April 1st before hearing a decision


+1


Yup. Pretty insane but what can you do!!

User avatar
andy261
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby andy261 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Pretty disappointing scholly offer considering how long I had to wait for it.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby romothesavior » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:12 pm

I should stay out of this thread for my sanity. Seeing people get 50k+ more than me with worse numbers is just brutal, especially after having my loan exit interview last week and realizing how much dough I have to pay back. I couldn't have picked a worse year to go to law school. :evil:

No but seriously... congrats to everyone. Hopefully I'll meet some of you this weekend.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shntn » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:13 pm

romothesavior wrote:Hopefully I'll meet some of you this weekend.

A-yupppp.

User avatar
Dream Weave
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Dream Weave » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:27 pm

romothesavior wrote:I should stay out of this thread for my sanity. Seeing people get 50k+ more than me with worse numbers is just brutal, especially after having my loan exit interview last week and realizing how much dough I have to pay back. I couldn't have picked a worse year to go to law school. :evil:

No but seriously... congrats to everyone. Hopefully I'll meet some of you this weekend.


I was thinking about this after getting such solid money at schools I wouldn't have gotten into just two years ago. Its just the luck of the draw and getting in at the right time of our lives for those always planning on going shortly after college. From the other angle, no 1L in history has had to face the pressure of law school being viewed as one of the worst career decisions possible. It's taking more courage than ever to take the plunge.

Either way though, we at least won't have had the debt our brothers in the years just before us are carrying.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby romothesavior » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:39 pm

Dream Weave wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I should stay out of this thread for my sanity. Seeing people get 50k+ more than me with worse numbers is just brutal, especially after having my loan exit interview last week and realizing how much dough I have to pay back. I couldn't have picked a worse year to go to law school. :evil:

No but seriously... congrats to everyone. Hopefully I'll meet some of you this weekend.


I was thinking about this after getting such solid money at schools I wouldn't have gotten into just two years ago. Its just the luck of the draw and getting in at the right time of our lives for those always planning on going shortly after college. From the other angle, no 1L in history has had to face the pressure of law school being viewed as one of the worst career decisions possible. It's taking more courage than ever to take the plunge.

Yes, people are starting to become skeptical of law as a career decision, and rightly so. But I actually think this is one of the best years for a person to go to law school in quite a while, and here's why: much bigger scholly money than you would have gotten in years past (167/3.7s getting 126k? FML...), a slowly improving economy, and at least for WUSTL, a much smaller class size. Roll it all together, and you guys are (on average) paying less money to go to school and should have much better job prospects than my class.

Honestly though, I can't complain too much... it's all worked out in the end. And if I had gone two or three years earlier, I would probably be stuck holding a pink slip.

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Another shameless plug for the Facebook group following today's wave of scholarships: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wustllaw2016/

WanderingPondering
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby WanderingPondering » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:28 pm

I am a little confused about the scholarship increase I received. Can someone read and let me k ow what they think?

We are pleased to inform you that we have awarded you an additional scholarship award for a total amount of $22,000.00 per year which is renewable in your second and third years. The requirements outlined in your original scholarship award letter remain in effect for this additional award.

Does this mean an additional $22,000 per year in top of my previous award? It is the total award now for $22,000?

Thanks guys! Hope to see y'all this fall!

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:30 pm

WanderingPondering wrote:I am a little confused about the scholarship increase I received. Can someone read and let me k ow what they think?

We are pleased to inform you that we have awarded you an additional scholarship award for a total amount of $22,000.00 per year which is renewable in your second and third years. The requirements outlined in your original scholarship award letter remain in effect for this additional award.

Does this mean an additional $22,000 per year in top of my previous award? It is the total award now for $22,000?

Thanks guys! Hope to see y'all this fall!

Total award is $22,000/yr.

Notorious BHG
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Notorious BHG » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:34 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
NIUmelk wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:I'm beginning to think I'll have to wait after April 1st before hearing a decision


+1


Yup. Pretty insane but what can you do!!


Did you send a LOCI? I know they're more for waitlisted folks, but I'm mulling sending something to let them know I'd still like to go there.

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby timeandspace11 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:59 pm

Got an email up my scholly from 84k to 99k. No negotiation involved.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:17 pm

Application is officially complete! Just waiting on a decision.. any chance of a scholarship this late in?

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15418
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby sublime » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:26 pm

..

User avatar
yodamiked
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:07 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby yodamiked » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Xs20 wrote:
WanderingPondering wrote:I am a little confused about the scholarship increase I received. Can someone read and let me k ow what they think?

We are pleased to inform you that we have awarded you an additional scholarship award for a total amount of $22,000.00 per year which is renewable in your second and third years. The requirements outlined in your original scholarship award letter remain in effect for this additional award.

Does this mean an additional $22,000 per year in top of my previous award? It is the total award now for $22,000?

Thanks guys! Hope to see y'all this fall!

Total award is $22,000/yr.


+1

Jay2716
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Jay2716 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:09 pm

Got money today, gonna ask for more. It was too low for me to go as it stands, but I feel like people have had good luck negotiating, so well see. Congrats to everyone who heard today.!

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:56 pm

Dream Weave wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I should stay out of this thread for my sanity. Seeing people get 50k+ more than me with worse numbers is just brutal, especially after having my loan exit interview last week and realizing how much dough I have to pay back. I couldn't have picked a worse year to go to law school. :evil:

No but seriously... congrats to everyone. Hopefully I'll meet some of you this weekend.


I was thinking about this after getting such solid money at schools I wouldn't have gotten into just two years ago. Its just the luck of the draw and getting in at the right time of our lives for those always planning on going shortly after college. From the other angle, no 1L in history has had to face the pressure of law school being viewed as one of the worst career decisions possible. It's taking more courage than ever to take the plunge.

Either way though, we at least won't have had the debt our brothers in the years just before us are carrying.

So glad I waited for so many reasons, but this may be one of the best cycles ever for splitters. At least that's how I'm hoping it will turn out 8)

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby dproduct » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:58 pm

This midwest storm is not helping my standby flight situation. Ugh.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shntn » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:59 pm

dproduct wrote:This midwest storm is not helping my standby flight situation. Ugh.

WELL THERE HE IS

Which airport, bro? Let TLS suggest good cruising spots bars.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby dproduct » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:05 pm

shntn wrote:
dproduct wrote:This midwest storm is not helping my standby flight situation. Ugh.

WELL THERE HE IS

Which airport, bro? Let TLS suggest good cruising spots bars.


First of all, the 'tar... LOL.

I'm actually back in CA. I was supposed to fly out tomorrow morning, but the the flight was delayed and then the connection flight was cancelled. So now I'm on "stand-by". Yippee. I can cancel with refund, but the only other flight options are a US Airways situation that's like $600. I'm gonna be on the phone all night in a white woman rage. I'm getting this flight for the original $380.

ETA: US Airways has horrible customer service.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shntn » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:53 pm

dproduct wrote:
ETA: US Airways has horrible customer service.

They can, yeah. I once had a whole debacle flying from SF to NYC. I wound up coming out with lots of freebies, though. The lady forgot to mute her line when she was talking to a coworker, so a well-timed clearing of the throat guaranteed that I wouldn't be paying for that flight. 8)

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby TheThriller » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:55 pm

Question about deposit deadlines, do I need to deposit by the first deadline or can I wait it out until the second? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

User avatar
lhanvt13
Posts: 2380
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby lhanvt13 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:56 pm

TheThriller wrote:Question about deposit deadlines, do I need to deposit by the first deadline or can I wait it out until the second? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

1st

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby TheThriller » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:57 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:
TheThriller wrote:Question about deposit deadlines, do I need to deposit by the first deadline or can I wait it out until the second? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

1st


and if I dont.....

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 15418
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby sublime » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:25 am

..

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby dproduct » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:28 am

sublime wrote:
shntn wrote:
dproduct wrote:
ETA: US Airways has horrible customer service.

They can, yeah. I once had a whole debacle flying from SF to NYC. I wound up coming out with lots of freebies, though. The lady forgot to mute her line when she was talking to a coworker, so a well-timed clearing of the throat guaranteed that I wouldn't be paying for that flight. 8)



Working in a CS place, worst nightmare. At least it didn't sound too bad. We are not as careful as we should be about it. Awhile ago, some guy thought he had muted the phone and called the customer a "fucking dumb bitch." Instantly term'd.


I'm just picturing the lady I'm speaking too filing her nails and rolling her eyes. She wants none of my shit.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chasima, csess, ellielaw, finaciardi, genjustice, glockov, Houzy, itshandled, lillawyer2, malysh, root_beer, xnsch and 25 guests