WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Dmini7 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:26 pm

So..... let's say I need to put a seat deposit down for some of the schools I am interested in by april 1st, but I don't hear from WUSTL about scholarship by then.. if I put the deposit down do I have to withdraw from WUSTL before even hearing about scholarship? Or only schools that I have already gotten offers from.

User avatar
WokeUpInACar
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby WokeUpInACar » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Dmini7 wrote:So..... let's say I need to put a seat deposit down for some of the schools I am interested in by april 1st, but I don't hear from WUSTL about scholarship by then.. if I put the deposit down do I have to withdraw from WUSTL before even hearing about scholarship? Or only schools that I have already gotten offers from.

You don't have to withdraw from anywhere.

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Dmini7 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:31 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:So..... let's say I need to put a seat deposit down for some of the schools I am interested in by april 1st, but I don't hear from WUSTL about scholarship by then.. if I put the deposit down do I have to withdraw from WUSTL before even hearing about scholarship? Or only schools that I have already gotten offers from.

You don't have to withdraw from anywhere.



Thanks for clearing that up :)I I thought if you were accepting a scholarship offer you had to withdraw your other offers. When you declared you wanted to accept it or whatever.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:33 pm

Dmini7 wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:So..... let's say I need to put a seat deposit down for some of the schools I am interested in by april 1st, but I don't hear from WUSTL about scholarship by then.. if I put the deposit down do I have to withdraw from WUSTL before even hearing about scholarship? Or only schools that I have already gotten offers from.

You don't have to withdraw from anywhere.



Thanks for clearing that up :)I I thought if you were accepting a scholarship offer you had to withdraw your other offers. When you declared you wanted to accept it or whatever.

Its very rare and usually only occurs with a negotiated offer. (I.e. they up your scholly but want a final commitment)

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:33 pm

Dmini7 wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:So..... let's say I need to put a seat deposit down for some of the schools I am interested in by april 1st, but I don't hear from WUSTL about scholarship by then.. if I put the deposit down do I have to withdraw from WUSTL before even hearing about scholarship? Or only schools that I have already gotten offers from.

You don't have to withdraw from anywhere.



Thanks for clearing that up :)I I thought if you were accepting a scholarship offer you had to withdraw your other offers. When you declared you wanted to accept it or whatever.

Schools can see where you deposit, and some withdraw scholarship offers if they see you're multiple depositing. I think WUSTL requires you to withdraw from other schools by their second deposit deadline to retain your scholarship.

ETA: not withdraw, just not have other deposits down. You can still ride out waitlists I'm pretty sure.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:37 pm

May 15th is the date they can see if you deposited at other schools.

User avatar
2012Lsatscore
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby 2012Lsatscore » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:38 pm

.
Last edited by 2012Lsatscore on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Crowing » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:43 pm

Went to some Wash Ave bars/clubs last night for a friend's birthday. We ran into a bachelorette party at one point and they asked my friend to play spin the wheel. Instead of spinning, he yelled "it's my birthday!" and grabbed the arrow and pointed it straight at "kiss me." Lol.

Also Lucas Park is pretty sweet. I imagine March ASD is gonna have a lot more attendees than Jan did so you guys should definitely go out if you're not leaving right away.

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:16 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:May 15th is the date they can see if you deposited at other schools.

Can they see exactly which other schools each person is deposited at? I thought I remembered hearing that they can only see how many people who are deposited with them are also deposited somewhere else, but that was a couple years ago so I could be wrong.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:30 pm

Xs20 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:May 15th is the date they can see if you deposited at other schools.

Can they see exactly which other schools each person is deposited at? I thought I remembered hearing that they can only see how many people who are deposited with them are also deposited somewhere else, but that was a couple years ago so I could be wrong.

Nope, I'm 100% May 15th is the date they can see the list of who deposited where. So you need to only be at one at that time (you can withdraw and not be on the list). I know there's a source where I can find it but I'm lazy and its sunday so you just have to believe me.

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:44 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
Xs20 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:May 15th is the date they can see if you deposited at other schools.

Can they see exactly which other schools each person is deposited at? I thought I remembered hearing that they can only see how many people who are deposited with them are also deposited somewhere else, but that was a couple years ago so I could be wrong.

Nope, I'm 100% May 15th is the date they can see the list of who deposited where. So you need to only be at one at that time (you can withdraw and not be on the list). I know there's a source where I can find it but I'm lazy and its sunday so you just have to believe me.

Gotcha, thanks.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:50 pm

If they can get a computer generated list of final deposits from all admitted students, why do they ask which school you've chosen when you withdraw?

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:28 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:If they can get a computer generated list of final deposits from all admitted students, why do they ask which school you've chosen when you withdraw?

Do they? Probably for their own records until that may 15 date.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:21 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:If they can get a computer generated list of final deposits from all admitted students, why do they ask which school you've chosen when you withdraw?

Do they? Probably for their own records until that may 15 date.

I don't know if WUSTL does, but I've heard other schools do.

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:25 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:If they can get a computer generated list of final deposits from all admitted students, why do they ask which school you've chosen when you withdraw?

Do they? Probably for their own records until that may 15 date.

I don't know if WUSTL does, but I've heard other schools do.

YOU BETTER NOT KNOW IF WUSTL DOES

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shntn » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:26 pm

Xs20 wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:If they can get a computer generated list of final deposits from all admitted students, why do they ask which school you've chosen when you withdraw?

Do they? Probably for their own records until that may 15 date.

I don't know if WUSTL does, but I've heard other schools do.

YOU BETTER NOT KNOW IF WUSTL DOES

Awkwarddddd..

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:27 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:If they can get a computer generated list of final deposits from all admitted students, why do they ask which school you've chosen when you withdraw?

Do they? Probably for their own records until that may 15 date.

I don't know if WUSTL does, but I've heard other schools do.

That may just be standard/common courtesy. Ive had job offers ive turned down for others and they typically ask what job I took.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:27 pm

Don't worry. Wannabe's PM "go to WUSTL" campaign has been fierce and sustained.

Image

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:28 pm

:D

totalgleek
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:37 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby totalgleek » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:36 pm

2012Lsatscore wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Its impolite to talk about other threads without linking to said post. I'm too lazy to search for that.


Fair enough. But really, once you have to explain a joke (really it was a dig) its not funny anymore. At this point, its more trouble than its worth. :roll:


I'm not a comedian, but do believe your posts were more trouble than worth. I'm going to use the WUSTL thread to talk about WUSTL. You can PM me otherwise.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:39 pm

Some gems:

wannabelawstudent wrote:https://mylaw.wustl.edu/Primary/AdmittedStudents/pages/deposit/deposit.aspx


wannabelawstudent wrote:Hey, just seeing how the deposit is coming along. Let me know if you need any help.


wannabelawstudent wrote:Once we graduated we can open up WannaBe Sunny? LLC.


wannabelawstudent wrote:Subject: RANT of the day

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
chem! wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:I'm so happy I won't be living in a state with income taxes for the foreseeable future.

I'm sure they'll make up for it with sales tax and property tax like Texas does. :wink:

Luckily Florida takes it out on property owners and tourists, and I'm not one of those. Tennessee's sales tax is absurd, though.

:(





wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:55 pm

See WUSTL? I'm living up to my commitment to bring them the absolute best applicants as possible.

User avatar
JadeWest
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JadeWest » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:36 pm

FUTURE ROOMMATES OF XS20:

wise decisions are never made in his presence. it killed my kindle fire.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:15 pm

JadeWest wrote:FUTURE ROOMMATES OF XS20:

wise decisions are never made in his presence. it killed my kindle fire.


LOL.

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:24 pm

cusenation wrote:
JadeWest wrote:FUTURE ROOMMATES OF XS20:

wise decisions are never made in his presence. it killed my kindle fire.


LOL.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lillawyer2, mm2368, Solidfood and 8 guests