WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
smustang

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby smustang » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:08 pm

I just used the GTTTown debt calculator, that takes into account tuition increases and interest and all that as well as your repayment schedule, to check out what I thought were some pretty solid offers and may or may not have shit my pants. Jesus christ this is going to be expensive.

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... geid=61621

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:11 pm

smustang wrote:I just used the GTTTown debt calculator, that takes into account tuition increases and interest and all that as well as your repayment schedule, to check out what I thought were some pretty solid offers and may or may not have shit my pants. Jesus christ this is going to be expensive.

http://www.law.georgetown.edu/admission ... geid=61621

LALALALALALALALAIMNOTLISTENINLALALALALAL

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:18 pm

FlowBro wrote:This thread has become a complete joke. What started off as something funny has become just a nuisance to look at on the front page of TLS.

Continue at your own peril of never being able to get this time in your life back...

--ImageRemoved--

Punisha20

Postby Punisha20 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:26 pm

ehumanzada wrote:Forest park (west end?) dont really know if there is a neighborhood in town called "forest park" but im assuming it is the areas surrounding the largest public city park in the u.s. i live a block or so north from the park and i highly recommend looking at the area called the west end whih is north of forest park south of delmar west of kings highway and east of debaliviere. This block of neighborhood has tons of cheap apartments and most of the residents are young professionals or grad school students. If you are living with your significant other i highly recommend this area.

I think the name you're looking for are the Debaliviere Place and Skinker-Debaliviere neighborhoods. The "West End" neighborhood is north of these two place, across Delmar. I would recommend Debaliviere to anyone, there are a lot of great apartments for very reasonable prices.

atlgirl51

Postby atlgirl51 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:52 pm

So...I have this theory. I heard that schools can judge an applicant's interest based off of how many times they log into their status checker page. Who's with me??

lhanvt13

Postby lhanvt13 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:53 pm

atlgirl51 wrote:So...I have this theory. I heard that schools can judge an applicant's interest based off of how many times they log into their status checker page. Who's with me??

I heard if you hit 2000 you're an auto admit

WokeUpInACar

Postby WokeUpInACar » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:54 pm

atlgirl51 wrote:So...I have this theory. I heard that schools can judge an applicant's interest based off of how many times they log into their status checker page. Who's with me??

I surely would be into michigan by now if this was the case :oops:

atlgirl51

Postby atlgirl51 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Really?

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Punisha20 wrote:
ehumanzada wrote:Forest park (west end?) dont really know if there is a neighborhood in town called "forest park" but im assuming it is the areas surrounding the largest public city park in the u.s. i live a block or so north from the park and i highly recommend looking at the area called the west end whih is north of forest park south of delmar west of kings highway and east of debaliviere. This block of neighborhood has tons of cheap apartments and most of the residents are young professionals or grad school students. If you are living with your significant other i highly recommend this area.

I think the name you're looking for are the Debaliviere Place and Skinker-Debaliviere neighborhoods. The "West End" neighborhood is north of these two place, across Delmar. I would recommend Debaliviere to anyone, there are a lot of great apartments for very reasonable prices.

What sites are best for Stl housing? Is craigslist my best option?

lhanvt13

Postby lhanvt13 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:06 pm

atlgirl51 wrote:Really?

we're just kidding.. nah I don't think the admissions office has time to check something like that. if you want to show how invested you are in a school you should have done it in your application. That's the only way... and maybe brownie points for visiting, but other than that I don't think refreshing constantly will help you

NoChainz

Postby NoChainz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:45 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:FYI, I have a friend who is a med student at WUSTL and sent the following regarding housing in St Louis:

"I think the central west end is the most popular place to live for professional students. Both law and med. close to lots of good night life. I'd avoid living anywhere north of Delmar street. I wouldn't live downtown, kinda scary. Brentwood is more of a young family place but I like it. Hanley Station. Dogtown is great too, young people area. Great st pats day celebrations.

So in summary I'd look at Central West End, Dogtown, forest park, university city, Brentwood, maplewood, Richmond heights, Clayton and The Hill."

Dogtown sounds cool...

I live in downtown STL and I love it. Very cheap and a lot of different options in terms of food and nightlife. Not scary at all. If I wind up at WUSTL I will stay downtown, most of the people who attend WUSTL will wind up in the CWE or Clayton during their 1L year both of which are about 10 minute-drives. Also its very convenient to go to Soulard/Lafayette Square/Tower Grove and Midtown from here as well.

sublime

Postby sublime » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:56 pm

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:06 pm

sublime wrote:How is the public transit for someone who won't have a car? Is CWE still a good idea or should I look for something closer?

Why would you ever leave campus! WUSTL is the best!

luxurylawyer

Postby luxurylawyer » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:08 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:

I would be one of the top candidates at every school I applied to (but would still be a ding from UCLA).

StLNE

Postby StLNE » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:16 pm

sublime wrote:How is the public transit for someone who won't have a car? Is CWE still a good idea or should I look for something closer?

I personally couldn't live in St. Louis without a car, but I know a couple people in undergrad who did it.

There is a station that is pretty conveniently located in the cwe and the big bend stop drops you pretty close to the law school. If you're not going to have a car, proximity to a metro station is more important than proximity to the school.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:17 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:

No but seriously.

ehumanzada

Postby ehumanzada » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:37 pm

IN!!!!!!!!!!! omg im gonna have a heartattack!

ehumanzada

Postby ehumanzada » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:40 pm

omg so happy right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahah

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:40 pm

ehumanzada wrote:IN!!!!!!!!!!! omg im gonna have a heartattack!

Oh congrats! I remember the day I was admitted....it was a glorious day.

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:47 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
ehumanzada wrote:IN!!!!!!!!!!! omg im gonna have a heartattack!

Oh congrats! I remember the day I was admitted....it was a glorious day.

Way back when.

Dream Weave

Postby Dream Weave » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:00 pm

I was just accepted! I applied last Tuesday. Anyone know when we can hear about schooly

illiniguy1551

Postby illiniguy1551 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:03 pm

For acceptances, are you guys getting calls, emails, or status check?

kckool7

Postby kckool7 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:04 pm

Congrats to the new admits! Scholly info comes via e-mail. Not certain how long it'll take as I was accepted before the first batch went out.

Dream Weave

Postby Dream Weave » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:04 pm

I just got an email. I never went complete.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:05 pm

illiniguy1551 wrote:For acceptances, are you guys getting calls, emails, or status check?

Emails have been the only way except for a few who were accepted via interview at the beginning of the cycle.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”