WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
howardgirl

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby howardgirl » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:26 pm

The moonrise looks good.

How do you guys plan on getting to and from the campus? Are any of you renting a car?

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:26 pm

dek88 wrote:Sooo the date on my status checker has changed like 3 times, maybe 4. Does anyone know how many times it changes before getting a decision??

It's varied for all of us...I only had one date change and that was the day they admitted me, so it depends. Good luck!

dek88

Postby dek88 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:27 pm

cusenation wrote:
dek88 wrote:Sooo the date on my status checker has changed like 3 times, maybe 4. Does anyone know how many times it changes before getting a decision??

It's varied for all of us...I only had one date change and that was the day they admitted me, so it depends. Good luck!

thanks!! PS...cuse grad 2010. wooo

shntn

Postby shntn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:29 pm

howardgirl wrote:The moonrise looks good.

How do you guys plan on getting to and from the campus? Are any of you renting a car?

Metro, son.

howardgirl

Postby howardgirl » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:32 pm

shntn wrote:

Metro, son.

Hm OK. What hotel are you staying at? Is it near a metro stop?

shntn

Postby shntn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:36 pm

howardgirl wrote:
shntn wrote:

Metro, son.

Oh you're not a son. Oops. And somewhere downtown...I forget the name. I don't recommend it. It's a half-hour metro ride away. I Pricelined and sacrificed my ability to choose a good location.
Last edited by shntn on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sublime

Postby sublime » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:39 pm

howardgirl

Postby howardgirl » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:41 pm

shntn wrote:
howardgirl wrote:
shntn wrote:

Metro, son.

Oh you're not a son. Oops. And somewhere downtown...I forget the name. I don't recommend it. It's a half-hour metro ride away. I Pricelined and sacrificed my ability to choose a good location.

Thanks for the info :)

dstars823

Postby dstars823 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:41 pm

you shouldve gotten in your packet something about how much they are willing to reimburse like an expense sheet, im gonna use miles to get out there

shntn

Postby shntn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:42 pm

howardgirl wrote:

http://www.stlouisarch.hyatt.com/hyatt/ ... x.jsp?null

This is the place. Still, don't do it.

howardgirl

Postby howardgirl » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:44 pm

shntn wrote:
howardgirl wrote:

This doesn't look bad at all. Is the problem the distance?

shntn

Postby shntn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:45 pm

howardgirl wrote:
shntn wrote:
howardgirl wrote:

This doesn't look bad at all. Is the problem the distance?

Yeah. It would make running back to the hotel to change before going out tough, etc. Aside from that, the place itself looks super nice.

StLNE

Postby StLNE » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Just signed up for the ASD. Living in stl currently, so it should be a pretty easy trip... Any idea how many people typically show up for this? Also, I went to wustl for ug, so if anyone has any questions about the school, feel free to ask.
Last edited by StLNE on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:51 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:
Xs20 wrote:
snapdragon25 wrote:Does anyone who's going to the 3/29 ASD know where they're staying? Anyone who went to the other ASD have any hotel recommendations? I remember there were some recommendations like 500 pages ago but I can't find them :(

(Feel free to PM)

I stayed at the Ritz in Clayton for $109 I believe. Wherever you book, make sure you tell them you're there to visit Wash U and they'll usually give you a pretty significant discount. The Moonrise hotel looked pretty nice too, and is really close to campus.

This is actually where we're staying. It looks pretty awesome!

Yeah I passed by it when I was there, it does look awesome. And it's right on Delmar in the middle of all the action, definitely a perfect location if you guys are going out that night.

danielr

Postby danielr » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:55 pm

shntn: You could always convince people to check out the downtown bars--Washington Ave, in particular, has undergone revitalization in the past 5 years and now is full of interesting places (restaurants, bars, pubs, or clubs if you're into that kind of thing). Downtown St. Louis can be fun. It just needs more people in it.

Also, for you Moonrise Hotel people: you're much better off simply walking or taking the bus down Skinker to Wash U. The Delmar Metro stop is on the Red Line (basically N-S); Wash U is on the Blue Line (more E-W). You'd have to go backwards one stop to Forest Park, transfer to the Blue Line (which really just means wait around until a Blue Line train comes), and go 3 stops west until you're at Big Bend.

Walk or take the bus if you're in the Loop.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:57 pm

danielr wrote:shntn: You could always convince people to check out the downtown bars--Washington Ave, in particular, has undergone revitalization in the past 5 years and now is full of interesting places (restaurants, bars, pubs, or clubs if you're into that kind of thing). Downtown St. Louis can be fun. It just needs more people in it.

Also, for you Moonrise Hotel people: you're much better off simply walking or taking the bus down Skinker to Wash U. The Delmar Metro stop is on the Red Line (basically N-S); Wash U is on the Blue Line (more E-W). You'd have to go backwards one stop to Forest Park, transfer to the Blue Line (which really just means wait around until a Blue Line train comes), and go 3 stops west until you're at Big Bend.

+1 to the bolded.

Wish someone had told me that before I visited last year lol

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Just got a super nice email from MAC asking if I have any questions about the school that she can answer for me. I know it's no reason to choose one school over any other, but it is nice to have a personal touch and feel wanted by a school, instead of like a line in a spreadsheet.

sublime

Postby sublime » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:05 pm

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:22 pm

cusenation wrote:
danielr wrote:shntn: You could always convince people to check out the downtown bars--Washington Ave, in particular, has undergone revitalization in the past 5 years and now is full of interesting places (restaurants, bars, pubs, or clubs if you're into that kind of thing). Downtown St. Louis can be fun. It just needs more people in it.

+1 to the bolded.
Wish someone had told me that before I visited last year lol

Yeah, we were planning on walking mostly. Did you stay at the moonrise hotel last year, cuse?

XS20, i still want you to crash ASW sans parents to dislodge your halo!!

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:25 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:Yeah, we were planning on walking mostly. Did you stay at the moonrise hotel last year, cuse?

XS20, i still want you to crash ASW sans parents to dislodge your halo!!

+1
Xs20 should invite all of the January ASD kids again so they can see him without his parentals.

And naw, i stayed at the Best Western by the airport since I visited by myself and there weren't any other 0L's to meet/socialize with anyway. And last year's applicants weren't as cool as this year's 8)

timeandspace11

Postby timeandspace11 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:26 pm

So what would you guys say about WUSTL's employment data for the class of 2012? To me it seems like slight gains at big law firms, but overall pretty similar numbers to last year.

shntn

Postby shntn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:28 pm

timeandspace11 wrote:So what would you guys say about WUSTL's employment data for the class of 2012? To me it seems like slight gains at big law firms, but overall pretty similar numbers to last year.

Which reflects the state of the industry quite well. Growing, but slowly. I wouldn't expect any huge jumps, just steady, year-over-year improvement.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:29 pm

timeandspace11 wrote:So what would you guys say about WUSTL's employment data for the class of 2012? To me it seems like slight gains at big law firms, but overall pretty similar numbers to last year.

Yeah I think employment is gonna be stagnant across the board for everyone..I can't see any school making a significant gain. In general it looks like WUSTL's placement is on par with its peers, which is sort of surprising considering it's location and lack of a major home market. But smaller class sizes should help slightly going forward.
Last edited by DoveBodyWash on Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

howardgirl

Postby howardgirl » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:32 pm

This is very helpful, thanks.

Are a bunch of you guys meeting up this weekend?

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:33 pm

Xs20 wrote:Just got a super nice email from MAC asking if I have any questions about the school that she can answer for me. I know it's no reason to choose one school over any other, but it is nice to have a personal touch and feel wanted by a school, instead of like a line in a spreadsheet.

Ask her if I'm gonna be admitted or not.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”