WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
RedGiant

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby RedGiant » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:11 am

So...I'm old, and I have an exceedingly dumb question...where do you guys find all your animated responses or jpegs or whatever they are called? Google images? They are quite witty (at times), but I wouldn't even know where to begin to find such stuff...and yes, once I visited Tumblr, but I didn't understand it. Yes, I am this naive.

Also, different topic....I just found out that Ken DeLeon used to work at my firm...and he's the dude I see in real estate adds all the time in our local papers. I've practically touched a celebrity. He JUST changed his real estate ad picture--he has more hair now. Curly.

[hobbles back into cave, using cane. reminisces about college applications filled out by hand and typewriters, etc.]

JadeWest

Postby JadeWest » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:15 am

RedGiant wrote:So...I'm old, and I have an exceedingly dumb question...where do you guys find all your animated responses or jpegs or whatever they are called? Google images? They are quite witty (at times), but I wouldn't even know where to begin to find such stuff...and yes, once I visited Tumblr, but I didn't understand it. Yes, I am this naive.

Also, different topic....I just found out that Ken DeLeon used to work at my firm...and he's the dude I see in real estate adds all the time in our local papers. I've practically touched a celebrity. He JUST changed his real estate ad picture--he has more hair now. Curly.

[hobbles back into cave, using cane. reminisces about college applications filled out by hand and typewriters, etc.]

http://imgur.com/ and may you never have a productive day ever again

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:19 am

RedGiant wrote:So...I'm old, and I have an exceedingly dumb question...where do you guys find all your animated responses or jpegs or whatever they are called? Google images? They are quite witty (at times), but I wouldn't even know where to begin to find such stuff...and yes, once I visited Tumblr, but I didn't understand it. Yes, I am this naive.

Dude, I'm young and consider myself internet saavy and I still don't know where they find that all that stuff that fast.

That's pretty cool about Ken! One of my cousins was giving me flak the other day about how when he applied to law schools he just had check his mail everyday and didn't have these fancy status checkers. I tend to think he had it better because he wouldn't have to neurotically check it 24/7.

bulinus

Postby bulinus » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:24 am

I applied to WUSTL last week, mostly so I didn't feel bad about checking this thread at work.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:36 am

bulinus wrote:I applied to WUSTL last week, mostly so I didn't feel bad about checking this thread at work.

Welcome, welcome.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:37 am

+1

Well i sort of cheat just because I have my own tumblr..so a lot of the animations i post are already on my page, so it makes it easier lol

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:39 am

http://lifeinbiglaw.tumblr.com/

One of my favorite pages. Tumblr about life in BigLaw lol

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:41 am

cusenation wrote:

+1

Well i sort of cheat just because I have my own tumblr..so a lot of the animations i post are already on my page, so it makes it easier lol

Same. My tumblr is a crime against humanity though.

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:42 am

cusenation wrote:http://lifeinbiglaw.tumblr.com/

There's goes my night. Thanks a lot, cuse :lol:

RedGiant

Postby RedGiant » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:46 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:

Dude, I'm young and consider myself internet saavy and I still don't know where they find that all that stuff that fast.

Thank you, Wannabe. You just made me feel not that bad about being the least savvy tech person to work in corporate law in the Valley, ever. Gah. I don't even get bonus points when I meet with my app-developer clients for having an awesome android phone, because the apps they make are for apple only. Argh.

RedGiant

Postby RedGiant » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:48 am

Unoriginalist wrote:

Actually--HERE goes your night. This is much, much more what it's really like. COMPLETELY hilarious. Cringeworthy. True. It's all here. This series is brilliant. Watch the episodes in order for full effect.

http://www.bitterlawyer.com/living-the-dream/

You're welcome.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:50 am

RedGiant wrote:
Unoriginalist wrote:

Actually--HERE goes your night. This is much, much more what it's really like. COMPLETELY hilarious. Cringeworthy. True. It's all here. This series is brilliant. Watch the episodes in order for full effect.

You're welcome.

+1
Love that site, a partner from RopesGray directed me to that. It's funny how they all read/watch this stuff too

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:52 am

I debated about starting episode 1.....but ive learned the hard way that its a bad idea to start a TV series at 11 pm when you have to work in the morning. Ill wait til I'm at work to start watching this.

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:54 am

Thanks for the suggestion - I'm checking it out now.

I'm not sure what's more depressing: how unlikely it is I'll ever hit biglaw, or how miserable it is even if I do.

Hmm...

RedGiant

Postby RedGiant » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:55 am

You're welcome.[/quote]

+1
Love that site, a partner from RopesGray directed me to that. It's funny how they all read/watch this stuff too[/quote]

It came out during the downturn, so yes, everyone in biglaw was watching if they were hoarding the few billables they had at the time. Good stuff.

Wannabe--the episodes are like 10 minutes each. And so good.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:56 am

+1

I now know how to add pics but doing it with iPad is too annoying to do frequently.
Well... Unless it's in the other thread

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:01 am

JayJones78 wrote:

+1

I now know how to add pics but doing it with iPad is too annoying to do frequently.

dem white girl problems

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:02 am

dproduct wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:

+1

dem white girl problems

Would saying the my older 2007 MacBook Pro and 2009 MacBook Air aren't functional help?

prob not

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:04 am

RedGiant wrote:
You're welcome.

You were prepared, but thanks. One episode in, and I can tell it's going to be addictive... haha.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:06 am

JayJones78 wrote:Would saying the my older 2007 MacBook Pro and 2009 MacBook Air aren't functional help?

prob not

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:38 am

dproduct wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:Would saying the my older 2007 MacBook Pro and 2009 MacBook Air aren't functional help?

prob not

Yes...

Edit: that biglaw tumblr is incredible

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:06 am

JayJones78 wrote:
dproduct wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:

+1

dem white girl problems

Would saying the my older 2007 MacBook Pro and 2009 MacBook Air aren't functional help?

prob not

Look at this shitboomer with all his Apple devices

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:26 am

Today is* the day, ladies and gentlemen!

* or is not

dougfunny

Postby dougfunny » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:37 am

Unoriginalist wrote:Today is* the day, ladies and gentlemen!

* or is not

We can only hope. If not, Cuse loses all credibility.

For the WUSTL financial aid information, does anyone have any idea where I would put a grant from the school I went to? It wasn't a loan and it wasn't paid for by my family, so there doesn't seem to be a place to include it.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:39 am

dougfunny wrote:
Unoriginalist wrote:Today is* the day, ladies and gentlemen!

* or is not

We can only hope. If not, Cuse loses all credibility.

For the WUSTL financial aid information, does anyone have any idea where I would put a grant from the school I went to? It wasn't a loan and it wasn't paid for by my family, so there doesn't seem to be a place to include it.

C'mon JL come through for me.. As to your question, there wasn't a section for Scholarship/Grants? If not then I'd guess that it would go under "Other Loans and Resources"

ETA: I'm actually more worried about infuriating the TLS/FB hivemind than I am about schollies actually being delayed..
Last edited by DoveBodyWash on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”