WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby dproduct » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:07 am

JayJones78 wrote:Nope. That's why I'm wondering if to write. It'll just be 500 words of wow I really want to come here. They have a PS and DS and both discuss everything about my diversity, story etc.


I'd go for it. It may be a good opportunity for a fantastic: Why Wash U?

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:10 am

dproduct wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:Nope. That's why I'm wondering if to write. It'll just be 500 words of wow I really want to come here. They have a PS and DS and both discuss everything about my diversity, story etc.


I'd go for it. It may be a good opportunity for a fantastic: Why Wash U?


Yah, maybe you're right

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby dproduct » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:18 am

JayJones78 wrote:
dproduct wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:Nope. That's why I'm wondering if to write. It'll just be 500 words of wow I really want to come here. They have a PS and DS and both discuss everything about my diversity, story etc.


I'd go for it. It may be a good opportunity for a fantastic: Why Wash U?


Yah, maybe you're right


Feel free to PM if you need someone to edit it or take a look at it.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby dproduct » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:29 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:Hey Harvard Thread.....what's going on?


I lol'd. Just come back Wannabe.

User avatar
andy261
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby andy261 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:33 am

I hope we all wake up to good scholly news tomorrow. Night WUSTLers.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:39 am

andy261 wrote:I hope we all wake up to good scholly news tomorrow. Night WUSTLers.

I hate you for being on the West coast

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby dproduct » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:40 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
andy261 wrote:I hope we all wake up to good scholly news tomorrow. Night WUSTLers.

I hate you for being on the West coast


Can't sleep :| ?

Randomnumbers
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Randomnumbers » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:52 am

WUSTL's median is going to probably be 165 this year. It's definitely not going to be 167-168. With the drop in applications, the T14 is going to be sucking up an even larger share of the higher LSATS.

As far as financial aid disbursement, last year it came out the thursday of orientation (which is a one week thing the week before classes start).

Wash U doesn't have a soft floor. I know several people in my section with GPA's that were below 2.8.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:57 am

Randomnumbers wrote:WUSTL's median is going to probably be 165 this year. It's definitely not going to be 167-168. With the drop in applications, the T14 is going to be sucking up an even larger share of the higher LSATS.

As far as financial aid disbursement, last year it came out the thursday of orientation (which is a one week thing the week before classes start).

Wash U doesn't have a soft floor. I know several people in my section with GPA's that were below 2.8.

Wait I don't know who you are. Do you think ill get in 167/2.5?

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:03 am

dproduct wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
andy261 wrote:I hope we all wake up to good scholly news tomorrow. Night WUSTLers.

I hate you for being on the West coast


Can't sleep :| ?

That, and if he wakes up at noon, he only has three more hours until it's the end of business day in St Louis. If I wake up at noon, I have six more hours.

Randomnumbers
Posts: 356
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Randomnumbers » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:28 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:
Randomnumbers wrote:WUSTL's median is going to probably be 165 this year. It's definitely not going to be 167-168. With the drop in applications, the T14 is going to be sucking up an even larger share of the higher LSATS.

As far as financial aid disbursement, last year it came out the thursday of orientation (which is a one week thing the week before classes start).

Wash U doesn't have a soft floor. I know several people in my section with GPA's that were below 2.8.

Wait I don't know who you are. Do you think ill get in 167/2.5?


I'm going to guess you'll get waitlisted. Your numbers are fine for what they want, LSAT wise. Yet the GPA is low enough and the LSAT isn't high enough and the rest of your app isn't shiny enough to make them that attracted to you to take them in now - I imagine your app (based on your posting here) has been in long enough that if they were going to take you right away, you'd be in already. Yet they might need you to hit there LSAT (which I'm guessing is going to be a 165, but it might be slightly different), so depending on what happens, you might get in off of the WL. They took a LOT of people off the waitlist last year, and I don't expect that to change this year.

As much as this goes against TSL wisdom, but when you are in that 'maybe' area numbers wise, not all numbers are the same. A 2.5 with a huge upward grade trend in a tough major, vs a downward grade trend in Poli Sci - the two are very different. Of the people I know with sub 2.8 GPA's, they all did VERY well first semester. Is there something in your application that makes them think you'll outperform that 2.5?

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:31 am

Beside being a few years removed and having some work experience I dunno...

User avatar
stuckinthemiddle
Posts: 312
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:24 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby stuckinthemiddle » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:23 am

Wow @ the WUSTL hype. It's literally always on the top-law-schools front page.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shifty_eyed » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:10 am

Do you think adcomms really care about how well an extreme splitter (or even extreme reverse splitter) will actually perform in law school? I always figured they were just more concerned with appearing selective and their 25th percentiles. :?

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:16 am

shifty_eyed wrote:Do you think adcomms really care about how well an extreme splitter (or even extreme reverse splitter) will actually perform in law school? I always figured they were just more concerned with appearing selective and their 25th percentiles. :?


+1
I'm sure they care to some extent but I highly doubt it takes precedence over their medians...I'm just cynical about how altruistic any law school is.

FWIW I think it's too early to be predicting medians for this year..I remember the USNWR ranking drop was a pretty big topic of discussion among last year's applicants and I (unfortunately) was also pretty startled by it. I do think that a recovery from last year's ranking will partly help to do protect against the median dropping to sub-166. The fact is that there are so many people who don't read TLS and don't really know about the intricacies of the system. They take the rankings at face value.

wannabelawstudent wrote:Wait I don't know who you are. Do you think ill get in 167/2.5?


Brooooooooo you're going to be okay. I will be so angry if they don't take you, especially if it looks like the median is gonna drop to a 165. I REFUSE TO LET IT DROP!

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:19 am

I am tweaking out every time my phone makes the new email sound.

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JXander » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:21 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:http://www.lsac.org/lsacresources/data/three-year-volume.asp

WTF! NEW APPLICANTS WENT UP LAST WEEK IN COMPARISON TO LAST YEAR. WE'RE NOW ON PACE FOR 55,000 APPLICANTS. (as oppose to 54k). WHAT IS GOING ON? WHERE DID ALL THESE NEW PEOPLE COME FROM?

Wth?

Must have been a good episode of Suits last week.

User avatar
Unoriginalist
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Unoriginalist » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:23 am

Xs20 wrote:I am tweaking out every time my phone makes the new email sound.


+1 Every time I get check my email, my eyes INSIST that the top one is from wulaw.wustl.edu, when in fact it's LinkedIn trolling me.

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:44 am

Carrying my WUSTL Whole Foods tote around in my backpack today for good luck.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:45 am

Xs20 wrote:Carrying my WUSTL Whole Foods tote around in my backpack today for good luck.


Still upset I never got one of those

CourtneyJoann
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:19 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby CourtneyJoann » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:19 am

JayJones78 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Why would you do that to me crowing

Have you sent a loci yet?

Yeah.


Sunny, should I send one? Been debating on it for the past few weeks. Last complete was 1/15 after KO's interview.


I know you didn't ask me, but I would send one. I sent a "Why X" LOCI to a school last week, and they admitted me yesterday. I have a strong feeling I was going to be YP-waitlisted if I hadn't sent it in. As long as you make it true to you, I think it's worth it.

User avatar
Unoriginalist
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Unoriginalist » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:13 pm

I know it's early, but I have a feeling we're trolling ourselves and scholarships will come out at 5pm tomorrow.

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:17 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:I know it's early, but I have a feeling we're trolling ourselves and scholarships will come out at 5pm tomorrow.

Foed.

snapdragon25
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby snapdragon25 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:19 pm

Xs20 wrote:I am tweaking out every time my phone makes the new email sound.


I just sent myself an email and I freaked out when my phone buzzed.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:20 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:I know it's early, but I have a feeling we're trolling ourselves and scholarships will come out at 5pm tomorrow.


+1

but it's okay, we've already waited this long, one more day won't kill us lol. But I think it'll be today :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”