WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JadeWest

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JadeWest » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:08 pm

cusenation wrote:
Xs20 wrote:
cusenation wrote:
Xs20 wrote:No I didn't call either of them, just emailed once. I didn't want to come off pushy like cuse and have them siphon off some of my scholarship to some of the less neurotic admits.

YOU BASTARD I THOUGHT YOU WERE CALLING THEM TOO

Dis mofugga...

JXander

Postby JXander » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:11 pm

cusenation wrote:UPDATE

Called Laybold. SCHOLLIES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED WITHIN THE NEXT TWO DAYS. They're finalizing them today.

Asked about decisions as well, got a typical "depends on the application" response

You are my favorite.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:16 pm

JXander wrote:
cusenation wrote:UPDATE

Called Laybold. SCHOLLIES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED WITHIN THE NEXT TWO DAYS. They're finalizing them today.

Asked about decisions as well, got a typical "depends on the application" response

You are my favorite.

+1 though re decisions: :roll:

RedGiant

Postby RedGiant » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:06 pm

ks2499 wrote:
Princess Consuela wrote:
westphiladelphia wrote:while we're on the subject of horrible forms, have people ITT completed the soul-crushing, megamarathon Need Access?

I estimated too (at least, whatever wasn't on my tax return), and I'm pretty sure my parents made up half their numbers. My mother actually called to yell at me for putting her through that awfulness.

I am 30+, so my parents are well past paying for anything for me.

On Sunday night, my mom and I had a big fight because she said, "We not paying for a dime of this. You tell those schools that. I don't care. I'm not filling out anything--what we make is none of their business because they can't have any of it. Your dad and I are old and need to focus on our retirement savings."

I explained that some schools didn't look at it, but it was required for a few others, and I told her that I might not get _any_ financial aid if she didn't fill it out and the schools deemed my forms incomplete.

And then she retorted, "How do you know you need loans anyway?"

Ummm...because I don't have $225K just lying around. Argh. Mom. [shakes fist at NeedAccess]

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:10 pm

RedGiant wrote:
ks2499 wrote:
Princess Consuela wrote:
westphiladelphia wrote:while we're on the subject of horrible forms, have people ITT completed the soul-crushing, megamarathon Need Access?

I estimated too (at least, whatever wasn't on my tax return), and I'm pretty sure my parents made up half their numbers. My mother actually called to yell at me for putting her through that awfulness.

On Sunday night, my mom and I had a big fight because she said, "We not paying for a dime of this. You tell those schools that. I don't care. I'm not filling out anything--what we make is none of their business because they can't have any of it. Your dad and I are old and need to focus on our retirement savings."

I explained that some schools didn't look at it, but it was required for a few others, and I told her that I might not get _any_ financial aid if she didn't fill it out and the schools deemed my forms incomplete.

Ummm...because I don't have $225K just lying around. Argh. Mom. [shakes fist at NeedAccess]

I know BU and UCLA don't need data if you file independent and are 30+ if that helps at all :|

ks2499

Postby ks2499 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:13 pm

dproduct wrote:
RedGiant wrote:I am 30+, so my parents are well past paying for anything for me.

I know BU and UCLA don't need data if you file independent and are 30+ if that helps at all :|

Yeah, I'm 28, but unfortunately, BC doesn't care how old you are (I called and asked). Seems ridiculous, but what are you going to do? I'll be sending my parents apology flowers.

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:33 pm

ks2499 wrote:
dproduct wrote:
RedGiant wrote:I am 30+, so my parents are well past paying for anything for me.

Yeah, I'm 28, but unfortunately, BC doesn't care how old you are (I called and asked). Seems ridiculous, but what are you going to do? I'll be sending my parents apology flowers.

The modifier "apology" to "flowers" seems redundant.

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:55 pm

If they said within the next 2 days, does that count today as one of those days? Eh? Ehh? Maybe they come out tomorrow.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:56 pm

JesusChrist wrote:If they said within the next 2 days, does that count today as one of those days? Eh? Ehh? Maybe they come out tomorrow.

THERE'RE STILL 4 MORE MINUTES

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:07 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:If they said within the next 2 days, does that count today as one of those days? Eh? Ehh? Maybe they come out tomorrow.

Aaaand we're done.

Tomorrow's the day. It's got to be!

JXander

Postby JXander » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:18 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

Aaaand we're done.

Tomorrow's the day. It's got to be!

I predict more admits tomorrow and schollies Thursday.

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:19 pm

I'm not gonna sleep tonight.

JadeWest

Postby JadeWest » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:25 pm

Xs20 wrote:I'm not gonna sleep tonight.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Well...looking at previous years, it looks like this will be the last week for decisions until the massive admit/rejected/waitlisted release in mid-late march.....I'm scared.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:00 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Well...looking at previous years, it looks like this will be the last week for decisions until the massive admit/rejected/waitlisted release in mid-late march.....I'm scared.

Good luck man.

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:03 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Well...looking at previous years, it looks like this will be the last week for decisions until the massive admit/rejected/waitlisted release in mid-late march.....I'm scared.

andy261

Postby andy261 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:09 pm

We're all rooting for you!
--ImageRemoved--

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:14 pm

Ain't over till it's over big man.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:14 pm

ks2499 wrote:
dproduct wrote:

Is there a deadline for need access? As far I remember from last year there no deadline for FAFSA (?)

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:28 pm

Im hoping either massive disappointment with the schollys (except for the people here) which lead to massive withdrawls. Or maybe some type of scandal will come out. Nothing big just something small like taking kickbacks from a textbook company. Maybe WUSTL is even found innocent later on but something small enough to scare off the bandwagoners.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:30 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Im hoping either massive disappointment with the schollys (except for the people here) which lead to massive withdrawls. Or maybe some type of scandal will come out. Nothing big just something small like taking kickbacks from a textbook company. Maybe WUSTL is even found innocent later on but something small enough to scare off the bandwagoners.

ROFLCOPTER

dr123

Postby dr123 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:31 pm

RedGiant wrote:
ks2499 wrote:
Princess Consuela wrote:

goddamn boomers. amirite?

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:34 pm

cusenation wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Im hoping either massive disappointment with the schollys (except for the people here) which lead to massive withdrawls. Or maybe some type of scandal will come out. Nothing big just something small like taking kickbacks from a textbook company. Maybe WUSTL is even found innocent later on but something small enough to scare off the bandwagoners.

ROFLCOPTER

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:38 pm

dproduct wrote:
cusenation wrote:

ROFLCOPTER

JadeWest

Postby JadeWest » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:51 pm

Xs20 wrote:
dproduct wrote:
cusenation wrote:

ROFLCOPTER

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”