WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
westphiladelphia
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby westphiladelphia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:52 pm

cusenation wrote:
JXander wrote:
anteater1 wrote:Don't know if anyone else has posted this but I got an email today saying I hadn't filled out their WUSTL application for student aid or whatever it is.

That thing was a pain to complete...


+1
I was horrified when I realized that my undergrad tuition cost more than law school tuition lol


while we're on the subject of horrible forms, have people ITT completed the soul-crushing, megamarathon Need Access?

If so...in the section re: expected 2013 income stuff, will law school credits count for Educational Tax Credits?

seriously, I'm so worried I'm going to fuck up this form...

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:53 pm

westphiladelphia wrote:
cusenation wrote:
JXander wrote:
anteater1 wrote:Don't know if anyone else has posted this but I got an email today saying I hadn't filled out their WUSTL application for student aid or whatever it is.

That thing was a pain to complete...


+1
I was horrified when I realized that my undergrad tuition cost more than law school tuition lol


while we're on the subject of horrible forms, have people ITT completed the soul-crushing, megamarathon Need Access?

If so...in the section re: expected 2013 income stuff, will law school credits count for Educational Tax Credits?

seriously, I'm so worried I'm going to fuck up this form...


lol I don't think WUSTL is one of the schools that uses that, but yes I had to fill it out for NU...it was...rage-inducing lol

ETA: I just assumed that law school would count towards those credits when I did mine

Princess Consuela
Posts: 486
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Princess Consuela » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:55 pm

westphiladelphia wrote:
cusenation wrote:
JXander wrote:
anteater1 wrote:Don't know if anyone else has posted this but I got an email today saying I hadn't filled out their WUSTL application for student aid or whatever it is.

That thing was a pain to complete...


+1
I was horrified when I realized that my undergrad tuition cost more than law school tuition lol


while we're on the subject of horrible forms, have people ITT completed the soul-crushing, megamarathon Need Access?

If so...in the section re: expected 2013 income stuff, will law school credits count for Educational Tax Credits?

seriously, I'm so worried I'm going to fuck up this form...


So you're saying I shouldn't have estimated?

User avatar
westphiladelphia
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby westphiladelphia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:57 pm

cusenation wrote:
westphiladelphia wrote:
while we're on the subject of horrible forms, have people ITT completed the soul-crushing, megamarathon Need Access?

If so...in the section re: expected 2013 income stuff, will law school credits count for Educational Tax Credits?

seriously, I'm so worried I'm going to fuck up this form...


lol I don't think WUSTL is one of the schools that uses that, but yes I had to fill it out for NU...it was...rage-inducing lol


ha oh, yes, I should have clarified -- this is absolutely for other schools -- but I figured I had the best chance of getting a quick response here amongst wustl lovin' brethren.

ks2499
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:40 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby ks2499 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:58 pm

Princess Consuela wrote:
westphiladelphia wrote:while we're on the subject of horrible forms, have people ITT completed the soul-crushing, megamarathon Need Access?

If so...in the section re: expected 2013 income stuff, will law school credits count for Educational Tax Credits?

seriously, I'm so worried I'm going to fuck up this form...


So you're saying I shouldn't have estimated?


I estimated too (at least, whatever wasn't on my tax return), and I'm pretty sure my parents made up half their numbers. My mother actually called to yell at me for putting her through that awfulness.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:03 pm

ks2499 wrote:
Princess Consuela wrote:
westphiladelphia wrote:while we're on the subject of horrible forms, have people ITT completed the soul-crushing, megamarathon Need Access?

If so...in the section re: expected 2013 income stuff, will law school credits count for Educational Tax Credits?

seriously, I'm so worried I'm going to fuck up this form...


So you're saying I shouldn't have estimated?


I estimated too (at least, whatever wasn't on my tax return), and I'm pretty sure my parents made up half their numbers. My mother actually called to yell at me for putting her through that awfulness.

I had my financial aid forms audited one year during UG. I had estimated my numbers (fairly accurately) on the first set of forms, and they just change it to the exact numbers of your tax forms (for example if i put $5000 theyd change it to $5321.37) its no big deal, it actually worked in my favor because I reported I had made too much. As long as you don't knowingly deceive then I think you're ok.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:04 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:I had my financial aid forms audited one year during UG. I had estimated my numbers (fairly accurately) on the first set of forms, and they just change it to the exact numbers of your tax forms, its no big deal, it actually worked in my favor because I reported I had made too much. As long as you don't knowingly deceive them I think you're ok.

Oh, good to know it's simple. I just filled out FAFSA a few weeks ago and it says that I've been selected to be audited. I've never had that happen before, but I just copied everything exactly from my actual tax return, so hopefully it'll be this easy for me, too.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:08 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:I had my financial aid forms audited one year during UG. I had estimated my numbers (fairly accurately) on the first set of forms, and they just change it to the exact numbers of your tax forms, its no big deal, it actually worked in my favor because I reported I had made too much. As long as you don't knowingly deceive them I think you're ok.

Oh, good to know it's simple. I just filled out FAFSA a few weeks ago and it says that I've been selected to be audited. I've never had that happen before, but I just copied everything exactly from my actual tax return, so hopefully it'll be this easy for me, too.

IIRC they just randomly pick people, but its weighted a bit on how low your expected contribution is. It's just turning in forms and you're ok. I think I actually got audited twice and one of the times I just signed that I didn't file b/c I didn't make enough money. Just make sure you get everything in because you don't want them to hold something because they're waiting on one piece of paper you forgot about.
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:09 pm

So i used to operate an LSAT-prep blog for the past few months..but I took it down until this cycle was over. And some girl from New York somehow found my personal cell phone number, my name, and called to see if I would email her my LSAT study schedule that I had posted on the blog before I took it down. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't feel safe.

User avatar
westphiladelphia
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby westphiladelphia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:18 pm

so you basically have your own personal Jack Nicholson is what you're saying?

**hm, nevermind -- apparently I can't put in any gifs? weird.

it was creepy though, I promise.

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:27 pm

cusenation wrote:So i used to operate an LSAT-prep blog for the past few months..but I took it down until this cycle was over. And some girl from New York somehow found my personal cell phone number, my name, and called to see if I would email her my LSAT study schedule that I had posted on the blog before I took it down. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't feel safe.

Was it JadeWest?

User avatar
JadeWest
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JadeWest » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:35 pm

Xs20 wrote:
cusenation wrote:So i used to operate an LSAT-prep blog for the past few months..but I took it down until this cycle was over. And some girl from New York somehow found my personal cell phone number, my name, and called to see if I would email her my LSAT study schedule that I had posted on the blog before I took it down. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I don't feel safe.

Was it JadeWest?


i resent that. also not female. so definitely not me.

Image

:lol: :lol:

JesusChrist
Posts: 384
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JesusChrist » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:45 pm

JXander wrote:
anteater1 wrote:Don't know if anyone else has posted this but I got an email today saying I hadn't filled out their WUSTL application for student aid or whatever it is.

That thing was a pain to complete...


Now I'm kinda worried because I thought that form was kinda easy. Maybe I did it wrong, but all of my loans and stuff were on 1 page on my UG's finaid site.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:48 pm

UPDATE

Called Laybold. SCHOLLIES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED WITHIN THE NEXT TWO DAYS. They're finalizing them today.

Asked about decisions as well, got a typical "depends on the application" response

User avatar
WokeUpInACar
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby WokeUpInACar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:50 pm

cusenation wrote:UPDATE

Called Laybold. SCHOLLIES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED WITHIN THE NEXT TWO DAYS. They're finalizing them today.

Asked about decisions as well, got a typical "depends on the application" response

Thanks man, you're the best!

TA923
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:25 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby TA923 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:51 pm

How are scholarship offers distributed?

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:51 pm

TA923 wrote:How are scholarship offers distributed?


Email

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby dproduct » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:52 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:
cusenation wrote:UPDATE

Called Laybold. SCHOLLIES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED WITHIN THE NEXT TWO DAYS. They're finalizing them today.

Asked about decisions as well, got a typical "depends on the application" response

Thanks man, you're the best!

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:52 pm

cusenation wrote:UPDATE

Called Laybold. SCHOLLIES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED WITHIN THE NEXT TWO DAYS. They're finalizing them today.

Asked about decisions as well, got a typical "depends on the application" response

AWWWWWWWWWWW YEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

User avatar
danielr
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby danielr » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:53 pm

cusenation wrote:UPDATE

Called Laybold. SCHOLLIES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED WITHIN THE NEXT TWO DAYS. They're finalizing them today.

Asked about decisions as well, got a typical "depends on the application" response


Nice! Ha, how many times have you spoken to JL personally about scholarships? That's awesome! Good investigative work. You and Xs20 have shown great tenacity in obtaining this information.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:55 pm

danielr wrote:
cusenation wrote:UPDATE

Called Laybold. SCHOLLIES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED WITHIN THE NEXT TWO DAYS. They're finalizing them today.

Asked about decisions as well, got a typical "depends on the application" response


Nice! Ha, how many times have you spoken to JL personally about scholarships? That's awesome! Good investigative work. You and Xs20 have shown great tenacity in obtaining this information.


I called MAC 3 times..and JL once (this time)

XS20 called both once or twice I think.

We were both running out of bs reasons to call so we could "slip in" the question about schollies hahahaha

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:56 pm

No I didn't call either of them, just emailed once. I didn't want to come off pushy like cuse and have them siphon off some of my scholarship to some of the less neurotic admits.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Xs20 wrote:No I didn't call either of them, just emailed once. I didn't want to come off pushy like cuse and have them siphon off some of my scholarship to some of the less neurotic admits.


YOU BASTARD I THOUGHT YOU WERE CALLING THEM TOO

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:58 pm

cusenation wrote:
Xs20 wrote:No I didn't call either of them, just emailed once. I didn't want to come off pushy like cuse and have them siphon off some of my scholarship to some of the less neurotic admits.


YOU BASTARD I THOUGHT YOU WERE CALLING THEM TOO

Image

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:59 pm

Xs20 wrote:
cusenation wrote:
Xs20 wrote:No I didn't call either of them, just emailed once. I didn't want to come off pushy like cuse and have them siphon off some of my scholarship to some of the less neurotic admits.


YOU BASTARD I THOUGHT YOU WERE CALLING THEM TOO

Image


Dis mofugga...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobBoblaw, dala77, hellohalo and 6 guests