WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JamesDean1955 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:11 am

rad lulz wrote:Can someone explain to me in one sentence why everyone loves WUSTL and why this thread is so many pages


+1,000

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:51 am

rad lulz wrote:Can someone explain to me in one sentence why everyone loves WUSTL and why this thread is so many pages


We are bored and debt-averse

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:52 am

Those photos of Chicago were pretty cool.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shntn » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:58 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:Those photos of Chicago were pretty cool.

Too much trouble to click and display all the photos, but Chicago is lovely.

User avatar
westphiladelphia
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby westphiladelphia » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:38 am

so...

is today the day? for, you know...


$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

User avatar
dougfunny
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:15 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby dougfunny » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:42 am

I know this has been addressed at some point but are scholarships going to be sent out via email?

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:43 am

dougfunny wrote:I know this has been addressed at some point but are scholarships going to be sent out via email?


np, tons of pages on this thread. Yes all scholly will be sent via email

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:46 am

cusenation wrote:
dougfunny wrote:I know this has been addressed at some point but are scholarships going to be sent out via email?


np, tons of pages on this thread. Yes all scholly will be sent via email

Any word on what day they'll come out, Mary cuse?

User avatar
WokeUpInACar
Posts: 5513
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:11 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby WokeUpInACar » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:25 am

Are there any WUSTL specific financial aid forms we need to fill out?

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:26 am

WokeUpInACar wrote:Are there any WUSTL specific financial aid forms we need to fill out?


http://law.wustl.edu/admissions/pages.aspx?id=73

Under FAFSA there's a form for "New Students"

User avatar
danielr
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby danielr » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:15 pm

I've been up in the Hancock Tower skydeck. It is awesome. I highly recommend this, and if you have the chance try to go in the evening and see it at night. I haven't done that, but I imagine that would be fantastic.

snapdragon25
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby snapdragon25 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:19 pm

danielr wrote:I've been up in the Hancock Tower skydeck. It is awesome. I highly recommend this, and if you have the chance try to go in the evening and see it at night. I haven't done that, but I imagine that would be fantastic.


Seconded. Go up in the Hancock at night and get a drink in the Signature Room. It's touristy, but without all the kids screaming when their ears pop.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:20 pm

Work is letting me leave earlier for the weather...I'm so happy.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 pm

So, what do you think. Decisions this week??

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:25 pm

The Hancock is awesome at night and definitely has the best views in the city. Although, the glass ledge thing in the Sears Tower is relatively new and a really cool experience if you're not totally freaked out by it.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:32 pm

JayJones78 wrote:So, what do you think. Decisions this week??

I'm gonna bet you and me get waitlisted next week.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:42 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:So, what do you think. Decisions this week??

I'm gonna bet you and me get waitlisted next week.


:cry:
Not happy about that wannabe

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:58 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:So, what do you think. Decisions this week??

I'm gonna bet you and me get waitlisted next week.


:cry:
Not happy about that wannabe

Ehh...I know nothing about your status tbf. Your app is uniquely different from mine, so I dunno (but I've already told you that). I do think I get waitlisted next week.

User avatar
TatteredDignity
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:06 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby TatteredDignity » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:00 pm

Walked by the admissions office earlier and it looked like there was a flurry of activity in there...


























Image

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:01 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:Walked by the admissions office earlier and it looked like there was a flurry of activity in there..


Cue frantic PM's from wannabe

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:03 pm

It's a bannable offense to troll the on-topics.

User avatar
TatteredDignity
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:06 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby TatteredDignity » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:05 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:It's a bannable offense to troll the on-topics.


I'm actually on pretty good terms with clifford, and I can't tell you the # of times I've thought about just dropping in and asking her when they'll be out. I remember how nerve-wracking this time was a few years ago.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:06 pm

TatteredDignity wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:It's a bannable offense to troll the on-topics.


I'm actually on pretty good terms with clifford, and I can't tell you the # of times I've thought about just dropping in and asking her when they'll be out. I remember how nerve-wracking this time was a few years ago.

Nah, don't ask her about schollys, we are only concerned with my acceptance here. What do you think my chances are? (numbers in profile)

User avatar
TatteredDignity
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:06 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby TatteredDignity » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:11 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:It's a bannable offense to troll the on-topics.


I'm actually on pretty good terms with clifford, and I can't tell you the # of times I've thought about just dropping in and asking her when they'll be out. I remember how nerve-wracking this time was a few years ago.

Nah, don't ask her about schollys, we are only concerned with my acceptance here. What do you think my chances are? (numbers in profile)


I'll be perfectly honest: the posters in here who have been tracking the trends are in a much better position to predict your chances.

But anecdotally, I can tell you that your GPA won't bar you outright, since that's the exact GPA they admitted me with (+ a $60k scholly). However, my LSAT was above their 75th. It will probably all come down to just how far their LSAT median is dropping this year. As an aside, I went in and met with clifford personally in an effort to convince her that my GPA didn't represent who I am (I was 2 years out of UG at that point). Acceptance came the next day after no movement on my file for about two months.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:14 pm

Where. Is. Dat. Scholly.

My body is ready.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJ1010, bloomsday, Christinabruin, hyoung74, kadams, lawschoolbound2017, michelekfla, Mr. Bubbles, nume2016, PDX4343, premalone and 50 guests