WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wannabelawstudent

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:14 pm

Contrary to popular belief, the law school admissions process does not make for an interesting bar conversation to people outside of the law school world

AMilfordMan

Postby AMilfordMan » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:16 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Contrary to popular belief, the law school admissions process does not make for an interesting bar conversation to people outside of the law school world

And I'm sure that this has stopped everyone from talking about it. My friends definitely know more about getting into a law school and how to pick the right one than many 0Ls at this point.

LaMuSayonga

Postby LaMuSayonga » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:29 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Contrary to popular belief, the law school admissions process does not make for an interesting bar conversation to people outside of the law school world

A buddy of mine and I are the only people in my friend group who are applying. I can sense everyone's eyes glazing over any time we start talking LS admissions.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:35 pm

LaMuSayonga wrote:

A buddy of mine and I are the only people in my friend group who are applying. I can sense everyone's eyes glazing over any time we start talking LS admissions.

I force all my friends to listen to me while I explain to them why I will "definitely be a baller cuz you're going to law school!" Or why I won't "def pay back all your loans in like a year or two! Just go to GULC at sticker!"

LaMuSayonga

Postby LaMuSayonga » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:37 pm

The most awkward moments are when TLS/law school lingo accidentally slips into the conversations. Calling something 180 around a pre-dental girl just doesn't have the effect I was hoping for.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:40 pm

LaMuSayonga wrote:The most awkward moments are when TLS/law school lingo accidentally slips into the conversations. Calling something 180 around a pre-dental girl just doesn't have the effect I was hoping for.

I was 10 minutes into a law school rant until my friend had to stop and ask what a splitter was and why I kept calling myself that

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 pm

LaMuSayonga wrote:Is it too late to apply to WUSTL and join this club? After reading far too many pages of this thread, I've decided this is definitely the coolest group of incoming students. Must be the chill Midwestern bro vibe.

Are you really considering not going to H or CCN with (presumably) $$$$? Just curious

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:48 pm

Xs20 wrote:
LaMuSayonga wrote:Is it too late to apply to WUSTL and join this club? After reading far too many pages of this thread, I've decided this is definitely the coolest group of incoming students. Must be the chill Midwestern bro vibe.

Are you really considering not going to H or CCN with (presumably) $$$$? Just curious

+1
My reaction after seeing your profile: "erm why da fuq is he bothering with a WUSTL app..?"

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:49 pm

I rarely talk about LS admissions even though I obsessively think about it all the time, even with my fiancée. I have to insulate people from the process as much as possible because if they had to think about all the crap I have to consider they would go insane. Can't wait until I can actually make a decision. Need some schools to hurry up with the scholarship offers first though...

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:51 pm

Xs20 wrote:

Yeah I didn't want to push the issue when whats his face did the "ftfy" But please please please don't choose WUSTL based on the people posting in this thread. The fact is half of us probably will not go, and going to a school because you think you'll like the classmates is a bad choice. The fact of the matter is wherever you go more than half of your class will be pretentious kids you'll never wished to speak to.

shntn

Postby shntn » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:05 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
Xs20 wrote:

Yeah I didn't want to push the issue when whats his face did the "ftfy" But please please please don't choose WUSTL based on the people posting in this thread. The fact is half of us probably will not go, and going to a school because you think you'll like the classmates is a bad choice. The fact of the matter is wherever you go more than half of your class will be pretentious kids you'll never wished to speak to.

But y'all are so cool!

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:27 pm

Derp
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JadeWest

Postby JadeWest » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:40 pm

cusenation wrote:
LaMuSayonga wrote:The most awkward moments are when TLS/law school lingo accidentally slips into the conversations. Calling something 180 around a pre-dental girl just doesn't have the effect I was hoping for.

I was 10 minutes into a law school rant until my friend had to stop and ask what a splitter was and why I kept calling myself that

to my best friend editing my PS, "wow, i know so much about law school now, maybe I should apply."

my response, "well your BFA in screenwriting is a definite plus for UWash, 3.7 gpa is kind of weak for berkeley, depending on how you do on your LSAT, im pretty sure you can hit around the bottom of the T20. the LSAT is a learned test. i still have all my books if you want. also we should look into if you're still considered in-state for texas."

(dead silence)

".....oh, you weren't being serious." :/

LaMuSayonga

Postby LaMuSayonga » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:17 pm

So you're saying it's not a good idea to pick WUSTL because you guys have the coolest application thread? EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:24 pm

LaMuSayonga wrote:So you're saying it's not a good idea to pick WUSTL because you guys have the coolest application thread? EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE.

The best way to pick a law school is the USNWR rankings.

LaMuSayonga

Postby LaMuSayonga » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:25 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:The best way to pick a law school is the USNWR specialty rankings.

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:53 pm

To help you make a decision, here's a useful tool to make objective comparisons between the #2 law school in the country and lesser institutions.

danielr

Postby danielr » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:00 pm

Holy shit that's amazing. Here's a funny comparison:
http://www.cooley.edu/rankings/search/report-byschool-generate.php

Cooley outranks Yale, Wash U, and Georgetown. I will be officially withdrawing my WUSTL app.

Do we think Cooley will accept my application this late in the cycle? Good luck everyone!

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:29 pm

danielr wrote:Holy shit that's amazing. Here's a funny comparison:
http://www.cooley.edu/rankings/search/report-byschool-generate.php

Cooley outranks Yale, Wash U, and Georgetown. I will be officially withdrawing my WUSTL app.

Do we think Cooley will accept my application this late in the cycle? Good luck everyone!

Only if you ED!

I, too, find it difficult not to constantly talk about law school/legal employment/law school admissions at all hours of the day. Fortunately, I have TLS to be an outlet for this obsession. Though it does make me wonder, sometimes, if one can have too much information at their disposal.

LaMuSayonga

Postby LaMuSayonga » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:47 pm

Xs20 wrote:To help you make a decision, here's a useful tool to make objective comparisons between the #2 law school in the country and lesser institutions.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:30 pm

LaMuSayonga wrote:
Xs20 wrote:To help you make a decision, here's a useful tool to make objective comparisons between the #2 law school in the country and lesser institutions.

Cooley's 3L class is over 1500 strong. Holy fuck.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:34 pm

cusenation wrote:
LaMuSayonga wrote:

Serious question, how do they get so many people to attend these TTT. like people come from around the nation to there and the students speak highly of that place.

WokeUpInACar

Postby WokeUpInACar » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:44 pm

cusenation wrote:
LaMuSayonga wrote:

Well they do have 5 campuses lol

LaMuSayonga

Postby LaMuSayonga » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:23 pm

I was in an airport security line a few weeks ago and a fairly cute girl in front of me was talking about her scholarship offer from Cooley. You have no idea how hard to was to stay quiet during that. Definitely an "Oh honey..." moment.

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:36 pm

The only LS-related stuff I've told my friends about are about Cooley and the Cooley rankings, because even someone who knows nothing about LS can appreciate the hilariousness of using factors like square footage and library volumes to determine the value of a school.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”