WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DoveBodyWash

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:43 pm

Crowing wrote:A3 is within federal. Not all federal clerkships are A3.

ETA: And yeah IP is the only thing now that makes me not hate my STEM major that killed my gpa

I stand corrected 8)

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:44 pm

What's the difference, then? Always wondered that.

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:47 pm

Xs20 wrote:

A1 - Bankruptcy and Magistrate Judges
A3 - US District court/CoA/Supreme Court

as defined by the respective articles in the Constitution. Most differences come with competitiveness to get/prestige.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:
Xs20 wrote:

A1 - Bankruptcy and Magistrate Judges
A3 - US District court/CoA/Supreme Court

as defined by the respective articles in the Constitution. Most differences come with competitiveness to get/prestige.

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:49 pm

There's also shit like military courts and US territories. Generally non A3 is less prestigious but not always true.

Jaqen

Postby Jaqen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:58 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:https://law.wustl.edu/admissions/wuforms/FA_PersonalInfo.asp

Wtf.

Tytyty. :oops:

Dmini7

Postby Dmini7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:58 pm

a tad off-topic. I received my acceptance letter from WUSTL today. I thought everyone said they received a flash drive with the acceptance. I was looking forward to having one and was let down when there was only paper :(.

Edit: I am also assuming everyone is being considered for the Scholars in Law awards and she wrote the little note saying they would love for you to join to everyone. Please correct me If I am wrong, I am genuinely curious if that may be an insight to my chances of money.
Last edited by Dmini7 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shntn

Postby shntn » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:59 pm

Dmini7 wrote:a tad off-topic. I received my acceptance letter from WUSTL today. I thought everyone said they received a flash drive with the acceptance. I was looking forward to having one and was let down when there was only paper :(.

OH THE HUMANITY

But that sucks. One could always do with another flash drive. Maybe a bigger packet is coming soon?

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Dmini7 wrote:a tad off-topic. I received my acceptance letter from WUSTL today. I thought everyone said they received a flash drive with the acceptance. I was looking forward to having one and was let down when there was only paper :(.

Edit: I am also assuming everyone is being considered for the Scholars in Law awards and she wrote the little note saying they would love for you to join to everyone. Please correct me If I am wrong, I am genuinely curious if that may be an insight to my chances of money.

The flash drive comes later. And please don't overanalyze a nice note from a nice lady.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:01 pm

Everyone is considered for Scholar in Law

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:01 pm

I think I wanna be a law school teacher...how does WUSTL place into that?

Dmini7

Postby Dmini7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:02 pm

cusenation wrote:

I figured as much. I just wanted clarification. Thanks! Also very glad I will still receive my flash drive :D .

danielr

Postby danielr » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Dmini7 wrote:
cusenation wrote:

I figured as much. I just wanted clarification. Thanks! Also very glad I will still receive my flash drive :D .

It may simply be an error, or a "lost in the mail" kind of thing, but I never received a flash drive after all of the other acceptance materials were mailed out. It's probably something they send out to everyone, though, so you'll probably get one soon. They can make it up to those of us who didn't get one by marketing our specialty Wash U apparel, courtesy of Xs20. We should trademark the new clothing line: WUSTL Threads are the Best Threads.

JadeWest

Postby JadeWest » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:26 pm

danielr wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:
cusenation wrote:

It may simply be an error, or a "lost in the mail" kind of thing, but I never received a flash drive after all of the other acceptance materials were mailed out. It's probably something they send out to everyone, though, so you'll probably get one soon. They can make it up to those of us who didn't get one by marketing our specialty Wash U apparel, courtesy of Xs20. We should trademark the new clothing line: WUSTL Threads are the Best Threads.

double entendre ftw

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:28 pm

danielr wrote:It may simply be an error, or a "lost in the mail" kind of thing, but I never received a flash drive after all of the other acceptance materials were mailed out. It's probably something they send out to everyone, though, so you'll probably get one soon. They can make it up to those of us who didn't get one by marketing our specialty Wash U apparel, courtesy of Xs20. We should trademark the new clothing line: WUSTL Threads are the Best Threads.

apparel update: The woman from Bear Necessities told me she should have some designs ready for viewing by end of March.

Chicago post-recession associate headcount update: Should be completed in a week

I was very sad last night when I realized that the mixture of the lackluster results of NLJ 250 and eventual scholly releases mean that there's a good chance that the citizenry of this thread will change drastically within the next week or two. :( :( :(

Ah oh well...c'est la vie

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Does that mean I'm getting rejected?

shntn

Postby shntn » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:31 pm

cusenation wrote:
I was very sad last night when I realized that the mixture of the lackluster results of NLJ 250 and eventual scholly releases mean that there's a good chance that the citizenry of this thread will change drastically within the next week or two. :( :( :(

:( :(

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:32 pm

shntn wrote:
cusenation wrote:

Maybe buying something will make me feel better.

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:37 pm

shntn wrote:
cusenation wrote:

Depressing...

shntn

Postby shntn » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:39 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:
shntn wrote:
cusenation wrote:

Depressing...

I was talking about that with someone ITT the other day. Let's just hope the rising tide of WUSTL scholly money lifts everyone's boat.

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:41 pm

shntn wrote:
Unoriginalist wrote:
shntn wrote:
cusenation wrote:

Depressing...

I was talking about that with someone ITT the other day. Let's just hope the rising tide of WUSTL scholly money lifts everyone's boat.

My thoughts exactly. If Wash U continues with its trend of out-giving its peers, I think there might be a good chance we'll see plenty of new faces for those that go to greener pastures.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:44 pm

shntn wrote:I was talking about that with someone ITT the other day. Let's just hope the rising tide of WUSTL scholly money lifts everyone's boat.

I would like to issue an unofficial plea to all:

If WUSTL (or any school you're looking at) doesn't meet your initial expectations for scholly, pleaseee don't immediately withdraw. VERY FEW SCHOOLS are gonna offer orgasm-inducing-schollies as an initial offer. The math just doesn't allow them to promise everyone a crap-ton of scholly initially. Ultimately where everyone goes is their choice/decision, but no matter where you go, please play all the cards in your hand and get the best offer from every school possible. I know everyone is eager to wrap this cycle up, but don't settle for a school or immediately withdraw from a school because of a lackluster initial offer.
Last edited by DoveBodyWash on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Posting so cuse's post is on the last page....

shntn

Postby shntn » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:47 pm

cusenation wrote:
shntn wrote:I was talking about that with someone ITT the other day. Let's just hope the rising tide of WUSTL scholly money lifts everyone's boat.

I would like to issue an unofficial plea to all:

If WUSTL (or any school you're looking at) doesn't meet your initial expectations for scholly, pleaseee don't immediately withdraw. VERY FEW SCHOOLS are gonna offer orgasm-inducing-schollies as an initial offer. The math just doesn't allow them to promise everyone a crap-ton of scholly initially. Ultimately where everyone goes is their choice/decision, but no matter where you go, please play all the cards in your hand and get the best offer from every school possible. I know everyone is eager to wrap this cycle up, but don't settle for a school or immediately withdraw from a school because of a lackluster initial offer.

Wannabe is gonna be pisssssed.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:54 pm

Anyways....for real....how does WUSTL place into law school teacher's jobs?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”