WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Crowing

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Crowing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:57 am

Actually does anybody know how many matriculants WUSTL is targeting for this year's class? C/O 2012 was 300 but haven't they slashed class size every year since? That's probably not good news for anybody who hasn't been accepted yet, but is probably good news for jerbs.

shntn

Postby shntn » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:57 am

dproduct wrote:
I merely want to go to the school with the best combination of minimized debt + job prospects. And that's how every single person should make their decision.

+∞

shntn

Postby shntn » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:58 am

Crowing wrote:Actually does anybody know how many matriculants WUSTL is targeting for this year's class? C/O 2012 was 300 but haven't they slashed class size every year since? That's probably not good news for anybody who hasn't been accepted yet, but is probably good news for jerbs.

Yeah they've SERIOUSLY slashed class size since then. Expect that biglaw % to increase over the next few years (even if the real number of people getting those jobs stays about the same.)

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:58 am

dproduct wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Op would you go to UCLA over WUSTL...(I guess you too sunny)?

It's not that simple. The pro to an LA school is I have free living in so cal... so USC/UCLA have a certain advantage.

I merely want to go to the school with the best combination of minimized debt + job prospects. And that's how every single person should make their decision.

I hope everyone withdraws so the class ends up being like 60 kids or something.

Dmini7

Postby Dmini7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:59 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:Op would you go to UCLA over WUSTL...(I guess you too sunny)?

if the COA is equal then yes, I would choose USC/UCLA anyday. LA is where I wish to ideally end up.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:59 am

shntn wrote:
Crowing wrote:Actually does anybody know how many matriculants WUSTL is targeting for this year's class? C/O 2012 was 300 but haven't they slashed class size every year since? That's probably not good news for anybody who hasn't been accepted yet, but is probably good news for jerbs.

Yeah they've SERIOUSLY slashed class size since then. Expect that biglaw % to increase over the next few years (even if the real number of people getting those jobs stays about the same.)

Current 1L's are 200 strong. I can't imagine it getting any lower than that. Very few major schools can pull off a class smaller than 200

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:00 am

What's funny is if WUSTL offered me 25k+ a year....it'd be cheaper for me to go their than OU...

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:00 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:What's funny is if WUSTL offered me 25k+ a year....it'd be cheaper for me to go their than OU...

I thought you were in-state for OU. Wtf is their tuition???

shntn

Postby shntn » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:00 am

cusenation wrote:
shntn wrote:

Current 1L's are 200 strong. I can't imagine it getting any lower than that. Very few major schools can pull off a class smaller than 200

Yeah I don't think they'll go much smaller than that, but as far as the job thing goes, the data on these new, smaller classes is still a couple of years out.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:02 am

Crowing wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:What's funny is if WUSTL offered me 25k+ a year....it'd be cheaper for me to go their than OU...

20k but they gave me a 5k first year only scholly (ok maybe WUSTL would need to give a little more.

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:04 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:
Crowing wrote:

20k but they gave me a 5k first year only scholly (ok maybe WUSTL would need to give a little more.

Lol I saw the 5k first year scholly but didn't realize that was for OU for some reason. I guess 20k isn't too bad; Mizzou is like 17k I think.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:07 am

dproduct wrote:

I definitely agree I was just curious (not being my normal WUSTL OR DIE mantra)

And lol at me for thinking I might get a full ride @OU....after seeing princess' scholly I thought maybe 50%...nope...

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:11 am

Dude Mizzou gave me $0 too. Them sTTTate schools don't like splitters; they don't give a crap about your LSAT after it's above like 160 lol.

dougfunny

Postby dougfunny » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:15 am

Crowing wrote:Dude Mizzou gave me $0 too. Them sTTTate schools don't like splitters; they don't give a crap about your LSAT after it's above like 160 lol.

Crowing, what are your numbers like out of curiosity? I thought about applying to Mizzou but ended up not and I'm curious how things may have fallen if I had.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:16 am

Crowing wrote:Dude Mizzou gave me $0 too. Them sTTTate schools don't like splitters; they don't give a crap about your LSAT after it's above like 160 lol.

Ah....I was thinking similarly along those lines. I figured OU had no use for rankings as long as they stayed ahead of instaters TU, OKCU and UCO.....which are all unranked.

icanbeohyes

Postby icanbeohyes » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:20 am

From those NLJ250 stats, GWU is looking like a better option even though it's in a more crowded market. Maybe a crowded market is better than none at all?...I'm starting to rethink my decision to attend ASD (unless they send out scholarships before then)

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:43 am

icanbeohyes wrote:From those NLJ250 stats, GWU is looking like a better option even though it's in a more crowded market. Maybe a crowded market is better than none at all?...I'm starting to rethink my decision to attend ASD (unless they send out scholarships before then)

WUSTL needs to send out some schollies to boost morale!

icanbeohyes

Postby icanbeohyes » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:49 am

dproduct wrote:
icanbeohyes wrote:From those NLJ250 stats, GWU is looking like a better option even though it's in a more crowded market. Maybe a crowded market is better than none at all?...I'm starting to rethink my decision to attend ASD (unless they send out scholarships before then)

WUSTL needs to send out some schollies to boost morale!

+1

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:50 am

GWU is a pretty decent biglaw feeder if that's what you're really after. The main criticisms levied against GWU are 1) it's located in a high COL area but tends to be very stingy with scholarship money and 2) in recent years it has put a ridiculous amount of people into school-funded positions.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:55 am

Crowing wrote:

GWU is a pretty decent biglaw feeder if that's what you're really after. The main criticisms levied against GWU are 1) it's located in a high COL area but tends to be very stingy with scholarship money and 2) in recent years it has put a ridiculous amount of people into school-funded positions.

This one REALLY angers me.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:55 am

Oh shit, I wonder what I wasted my 10k on? Probably commenting on a PW. OH well.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:56 am

dproduct wrote:Oh shit, I wonder what I wasted my 10k on? Probably commenting on a PW. OH well.

I know the feeling....my 2k was wasted on dowu last night.....

Dmini7

Postby Dmini7 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:58 am

Crowing wrote:

I am not sure if this also plays a big role but GWU has a top IP program. So (correct me if I am wrong here) alot of students placing in these positions are probably from said program. I do not think I am too far off as Santa Clara University is also on the list and I am quite certain the only students who get big law from there are IP ones.

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:04 am

dproduct wrote:Oh shit, I wonder what I wasted my 10k on? Probably commenting on a PW. OH well.

Whoa there cowboy.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:10 am

Crowing wrote:

Whoa there cowboy.

Whoops 3k hahahahaa

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”