WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
westphiladelphia

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby westphiladelphia » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:27 pm

cusenation wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:Whoa whoa whoa.... A pending is like an unprotected lottery pick, NO DEAL!

LOL

btw, to those who have PM-ed me or thought about PM-ing me with regards to me turning down T14 options at sticker.

my tl;dr response: Because I read this.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=183509

f'real. I could only read about two lines of that before breaking into a cold sweat of fear.

...no $? no thank you. (ahem, michigan).

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:27 pm

Every time I look at my own 'tar I can't get over how much Ken with Robin Singh's haircut looks like John Corbett in My Big Fat Greek Wedding:

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Xs20 wrote:Every time I look at my own 'tar I can't get over how much Ken with Robin Singh's haircut looks like John Corbett in My Big Fat Greek Wedding:

This picture should go in the other thread

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:30 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:Whoa whoa whoa.... A pending is like an unprotected lottery pick, NO DEAL!

We can offer protection for the pending, for example you retain the app if they offer a 25% or more scholly.

JadeWest

Postby JadeWest » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:31 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:I will trade someone my Minny admit, my IUB admit, and an admit to be named later for a WUSTL admit.

how i feel about you trading minny

--ImageRemoved--

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:34 pm

JadeWest wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:I will trade someone my Minny admit, my IUB admit, and an admit to be named later for a WUSTL admit.

how i feel about you trading minny

--ImageRemoved--

Why? WUSTL > Minny

AMilfordMan

Postby AMilfordMan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:39 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:

We can offer protection for the pending, for example you retain the app if they offer a 25% or more scholly.

I can only offer a pending rejection at Penn. At least it's not a volatile trade offer. I can predict the outcome with 99% certainty. Dare to dream?

JadeWest

Postby JadeWest » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:13 pm

found from another thread. let's discuss

law school or http://www.privateislandsonline.com/

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:38 pm

JadeWest wrote:found from another thread. let's discuss

http://www.privateislandsonline.com/islands/hemlow-island

Are you telling me that I can buy a fucking island and then some for the same amount that law schools are charging me for one year of tuition!?!?

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:40 pm

cusenation wrote:

Are you telling me that I can buy a fucking island for almost half of what law schools are charging me for one year of tuition!?!?

lol

Canada's so shitty they're practically giving it away.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:41 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
cusenation wrote:

Are you telling me that I can buy a fucking island for almost half of what law schools are charging me for one year of tuition!?!?

lol

New plan:
Buy island, put up some shitty cabins, advertise to broke undergrads as affordable spring break option, profit.

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:45 pm

cusenation wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
cusenation wrote:

lol

New plan:
Buy island, put up some shitty cabins, advertise to broke undergrads as affordable spring break option, profit.

To Canada??????

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:46 pm

JesusChrist wrote:
cusenation wrote:New plan:

To Canada??????

broke undergrads

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:47 pm

Undergrads are dumbs

dougfunny

Postby dougfunny » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:53 pm

New questions for the wise WUSTL thread. If I take the June LSAT to try to get more scholarship money, how would I negotiate scholarships at that point since decisions will have to have been made by then? Or would that be purely for if I did not get enough scholarship money to attend this year and instead decided to apply next year? Also, how would taking the LSAT for a third time affect my application in the eyes of the schools?

shntn

Postby shntn » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:54 pm

dougfunny wrote:New questions for the wise WUSTL thread. If I take the June LSAT to try to get more scholarship money, how would I negotiate scholarships at that point since decisions will have to have been made by then? Or would that be purely for if I did not get enough scholarship money to attend this year and instead decided to apply next year? Also, how would taking the LSAT for a third time affect my application in the eyes of the schools?

June will be useless for this cycle. You'll have committed by then.

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:55 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Undergrads are dumbs

Dumb would be the right adjective. Beautiful, sunny Canada!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smm2Dke38So

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:57 pm

JesusChrist wrote:

LOL

shntn wrote:
dougfunny wrote:New questions for the wise WUSTL thread. If I take the June LSAT to try to get more scholarship money, how would I negotiate scholarships at that point since decisions will have to have been made by then? Or would that be purely for if I did not get enough scholarship money to attend this year and instead decided to apply next year? Also, how would taking the LSAT for a third time affect my application in the eyes of the schools?

Your only leverage at that point would be: "Look I have a higher LSAT now, if you don't boost my scholarship I won't attend law school at all"

By the time scores come out in July, you'll be committed at one school and maybe waitlisted at others. You can't have multiple deposits that late into the summer. So a June LSAT is only useful if you're prepared to withdraw completely, or if you're hoping to get off a waitlist

dougfunny

Postby dougfunny » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:03 pm

cusenation wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:

LOL

shntn wrote:

Your only leverage at that point would be: "Look I have a higher LSAT now, if you don't boost my scholarship I won't attend law school at all"

By the time scores come out in July, you'll be committed at one school and maybe waitlisted at others. You can't have multiple deposits that late into the summer. So a June LSAT is only useful if you're prepared to withdraw completely, or if you're hoping to get off a waitlist

Thanks guys. Any chance a school would actually respond to a threat of withdrawing at that point?

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:05 pm

dougfunny wrote:Thanks guys. Any chance a school would actually respond to a threat of withdrawing at that point?

I'd say your chance at scholarship would be pretty slim, but if you're waitlisted it could, MAYBE, have a small marginal effect. If you're considering a retake in June, be prepared to sit out a cycle if you do substantially better. Even if you are able to get more scholarship money or move off a waitlist in July, your results will almost undoubtedly be better if you withdraw and re-apply in September.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:05 pm

dougfunny wrote:Thanks guys. Any chance a school would actually respond to a threat of withdrawing at that point?

Hell yes depending on your numbers. Last minute withdrawals suck for schools cuz the only pool they can turn to at that point to compensate for lost numbers is the waitlist...many of whom are presumably deposited at other schools. Don't be afraid to threaten to withdraw, especially this cycle.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:16 pm

You could take, and threaten to defer, then reapply next year, but it would be a pretty meh move. They take their deposits seriously, and if you do #2 (which would would have by then) then you are expected to do.

Retaking in June is to get off a Waitlist at a higher school, and if that's not really an option, would be a douchy thing to try and do it to extort more scholarship money only.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:18 pm

Yeah I think the best move would be to wait til next year. (muhahahahaha)

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Wouldn't waiting that long also risk the possibility of the school not really having a whole heck of a lot of scholarship left to give out? I assume by July they try to have given out what they're going to give out.

dougfunny

Postby dougfunny » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:24 pm

cusenation wrote:

Hell yes depending on your numbers. Last minute withdrawals suck for schools cuz the only pool they can turn to at that point to compensate for lost numbers is the waitlist...many of whom are presumably deposited at other schools. Don't be afraid to threaten to withdraw, especially this cycle.

If my LSAT is at or above the 75th of the schools I applied to, is there even any point? Sorry if this is all horribly off topic and better suited for somewhere else. Just don't have a ton of other sources for this kind of information and I clearly lack personal knowledge on the topic.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”