WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
andy261

Bronze
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby andy261 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:35 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
andy261 wrote:Ugh work is soul-crushing today.

Anyways, schollies will be out according to JL (does no one else correspond with her?) 'sometime in the next week.' They are definitely not in the office today but appear to be working from home.

Who's JL....about about decisions :(

Janet Laybold. Sorry didn't ask about decisions..

User avatar
Xs20

Silver
Posts: 815
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:36 pm

Helicio was a weird dude for sure, but he cracked me up sometimes

User avatar
TheThriller

Gold
Posts: 2282
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby TheThriller » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:37 pm

Xs20 wrote:Helicio was a weird dude for sure, but he cracked me up sometimes


Helicio was great, to bad he snapped when he got day/week banned a few times.

So, where we all headed this year for LS?

User avatar
Unoriginalist

Bronze
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Unoriginalist » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:38 pm

andy261 wrote:Ugh work is soul-crushing today.

Anyways, schollies will be out according to JL (does no one else correspond with her?) 'sometime in the next week.' They are definitely not in the office today but appear to be working from home.


Thanks for the info. I wonder why the info is coming out so much later this cycle than last. Probably because their scholarship budget is so huge they were trying to figure out how to give it all away.

User avatar
shifty_eyed

Gold
Posts: 1925
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shifty_eyed » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:38 pm

TheThriller wrote:
Xs20 wrote:Helicio was a weird dude for sure, but he cracked me up sometimes


Helicio was great, to bad he snapped when he got day/week banned a few times.

So, where we all headed this year for LS?

The correct answer ITT is WUSTL, but I think most of us aren't sure yet.

User avatar
TheThriller

Gold
Posts: 2282
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby TheThriller » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:40 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
TheThriller wrote:
Xs20 wrote:Helicio was a weird dude for sure, but he cracked me up sometimes


Helicio was great, to bad he snapped when he got day/week banned a few times.

So, where we all headed this year for LS?

The correct answer ITT is WUSTL, but I think most of us aren't sure yet.


I'm basing my LS decision on where my friends are going

wannabelawstudent

Gold
Posts: 2578
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:40 pm

I just want us all to go to school together.

User avatar
Xs20

Silver
Posts: 815
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:41 pm

TheThriller wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:
TheThriller wrote:
Xs20 wrote:Helicio was a weird dude for sure, but he cracked me up sometimes


Helicio was great, to bad he snapped when he got day/week banned a few times.

So, where we all headed this year for LS?

The correct answer ITT is WUSTL, but I think most of us aren't sure yet.


I'm basing my LS decision on where my friends are going

Pretty sure WUSTL, but waiting for scholarships to come out to decide for sure. You taking June?

User avatar
Crowing

Gold
Posts: 2633
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Crowing » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:43 pm

TheThriller wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:
TheThriller wrote:
Xs20 wrote:Helicio was a weird dude for sure, but he cracked me up sometimes


Helicio was great, to bad he snapped when he got day/week banned a few times.

So, where we all headed this year for LS?

The correct answer ITT is WUSTL, but I think most of us aren't sure yet.


I'm basing my LS decision on where my friends are going


You reapplying mang? I haven't seen your profile lately but I remember it was looking absolutely brutal in the fall.

User avatar
TheThriller

Gold
Posts: 2282
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby TheThriller » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Naw, I'm pretty sure I cracked the 170s this time around so we will see what I end up doing.

I'll either use the new LSAT to negotiate mad $$$ from WUSTL/GW/USC or re-apply and gun for ED Penn/UVA and RD NU

@Crowing,

Brought my GPA up from 2.98 to a 3.15. So re-applying might be a better option, and then you guys can share your 1L notes with me when I start at your school the year after

User avatar
DoveBodyWash

Gold
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:57 pm

TheThriller wrote:Naw, I'm pretty sure I cracked the 170s this time around so we will see what I end up doing.

I'll either use the new LSAT to negotiate mad $$$ from WUSTL/GW/USC or re-apply and gun for ED Penn/UVA and RD NU

@Crowing,

Brought my GPA up from 2.98 to a 3.15. So re-applying might be a better option, and then you guys can share your 1L notes with me when I start at your school the year after


+1
Word-for-word my entire strategy last year when I was planning on taking a year off lol. Almost exact same GPA increase as well. Good luck!

User avatar
Xs20

Silver
Posts: 815
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Good luck, bro :D

wannabelawstudent

Gold
Posts: 2578
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:05 pm

I wish you guys could read some of the pms i send cuse

User avatar
Xs20

Silver
Posts: 815
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:06 pm

LOLed at this:

@WULawAdmissions wrote:Want to meet other graduate students? The WashU School of Social Work is hosting a JD/MSW Society happy hour today at the Brown School, 5pm.

shntn

Platinum
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shntn » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:08 pm

Xs20 wrote:LOLed at this:

@WULawAdmissions wrote:Want to meet other graduate students? The WashU School of Social Work is hosting a JD/MSW Society happy hour today at the Brown School, 5pm.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope there was an NSFW tag in the email.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash

Gold
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:09 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:I wish you guys could read some of the pms i send cuse


I've noticed you're starting to include misleadingly relevant titles to get me to open the messages...

User avatar
shifty_eyed

Gold
Posts: 1925
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shifty_eyed » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:14 pm

Xs20 wrote:LOLed at this:

@WULawAdmissions wrote:Want to meet other graduate students? The WashU School of Social Work is hosting a JD/MSW Society happy hour today at the Brown School, 5pm.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
JadeWest

Bronze
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JadeWest » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:17 pm

cusenation wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:I wish you guys could read some of the pms i send cuse


I've noticed you're starting to include misleadingly relevant titles to get me to open the messages...


"NUDE PIXXX CLICK HERE"

"HOT SINGLE LOCAL GIRLZ NEAR YOU"

"ARE THOSE REAL? FIND OUT HERE"

or like "free starbucks"?

User avatar
DoveBodyWash

Gold
Posts: 3085
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 pm

JadeWest wrote:
cusenation wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:I wish you guys could read some of the pms i send cuse


I've noticed you're starting to include misleadingly relevant titles to get me to open the messages...


"NUDE PIXXX CLICK HERE"

"HOT SINGLE LOCAL GIRLZ NEAR YOU"

"ARE THOSE REAL? FIND OUT HERE"

or like "free starbucks"?


"I have a strategic question regarding my application"

*opens*

Nopeee.

wannabelawstudent

Gold
Posts: 2578
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:21 pm

And Cuse never replies...its quite frustrating....

User avatar
JadeWest

Bronze
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JadeWest » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:21 pm

cusenation wrote:
JadeWest wrote:
cusenation wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:I wish you guys could read some of the pms i send cuse


I've noticed you're starting to include misleadingly relevant titles to get me to open the messages...


"NUDE PIXXX CLICK HERE"

"HOT SINGLE LOCAL GIRLZ NEAR YOU"

"ARE THOSE REAL? FIND OUT HERE"

or like "free starbucks"?


"I have a strategic question regarding my application"

*opens*

Nopeee.


what a tease

wannabelawstudent

Gold
Posts: 2578
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:22 pm

I did have an important question....

User avatar
Xs20

Silver
Posts: 815
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Holy shit, it's coming down up here. Thanks for sending this my way, Crowing :shock:

shntn

Platinum
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shntn » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:35 pm

Xs20 wrote:Holy shit, it's coming down up here. Thanks for sending this my way, Crowing :shock:

Not talking about money, I suppose. :|

wannabelawstudent

Gold
Posts: 2578
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:39 pm

I wish we should've got some real snow instead of the crap we got yesterday



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests