WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JayJones78

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Ned Racine wrote:Here is the email I received today:

February 20, 2013

Dear Prospective Student,

Washington University School of Law is recognized as one of the top law schools in the country offering outstanding clinical education, trial and advocacy programs, and numerous specialty areas.

I invite you to apply to Washington University School of Law and I am pleased to offer you an application fee waiver. Simply apply online through LSAC or with our Easy Application. In either case, you will not be prompted to pay.

If admitted to the law school, you will be automatically considered for scholarships, which are guaranteed for a full three years of study.

For more information on why now is a great time to apply to Washington University, visit here: https://law.wustl.edu/apply.asp

If we may assist you in any way, please feel free to e-mail us at admiss@wulaw.wustl.edu or call us at 314-935-4525.

Best regards,
Mary Ann Clifford

Here is the email I got after applying using the easy app

Thank you for your interest in Washington University School of Law. We have received your online form and you have successfully opened your application to our Juris Doctor Program. The Admissions Office will be following up with you shortly. Complete applications must contain, in addition to the submission of the easy application:

-Completed Ethical Certification form
-2 letters of recommendation
-Personal statement
-Résumé

Letters of recommendation may be sent either via LSAC or by mail or email directly from recommenders. Your personal statement and résumé can be emailed to the Admissions Office.

Once we have your LSAC number, we will be contacting LSAC to have your CAS report sent to us.

If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at 314-935-4525 or admiss@wulaw.wustl.edu

Mailing Address: Washington University School of Law, Admissions Office, Campus Box 1120, One Brookings Drive, St. Louis, MO 63130-4899

Ahhh I don't know what to think. Are there really not enough applicants?

danitt

Postby danitt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:29 pm

How can there not be enough applicants when so many are still pending?!??

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:32 pm

danitt wrote:How can there not be enough applicants when so many are still pending?!??

Like me. And here I thought Krystal Orr really liked me :cry:

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:35 pm

I support whatever WUSTL does because it is a great institutions with a brilliant faculty and staff.

WokeUpInACar

Postby WokeUpInACar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:37 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:I support whatever WUSTL does because it is a great institutions with a brilliant faculty and staff.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:38 pm

But seriously this is good. The more desperate they get, the better I look as a viable option (kinda like my love life).

danielr

Postby danielr » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:39 pm

It all seems about the same, just done in a different order and through different channels. The same, that is, provided that applicants are required to pay the LSAC report fee. (Not that I am a supporter of LSAC charging fees for things like that; they should have to pay that fee only in the interest of fairness.)

boomlawyered

Postby boomlawyered » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:41 pm

I got the same email today with less than stellar numbers. Any chance they're just trying to up the number of applications they can reject?

danitt

Postby danitt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Ned Racine

Postby Ned Racine » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:43 pm

Is it possible for WUSTL to received LORs from LSAC without the applicant paying $21? No, right?

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:46 pm

danitt wrote:Image

+100

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:47 pm

The only way this would offensive is if applicants who applied through EASYAPP had different requirements, but they don't. This sounds like a way for WUSTL to bypass the LSAC process. This would be crazy inefficient for people who apply to tons of schools, as applying through LSAC is more streamlined and simple for the applicants, but it's probably a lot easier and faster for WUSTL to put together a complete application if everything comes straight from the student. Also, it may make it easier for them to waive the application fee for everyone (remember, there was talk of there being no fee for any applicants this year, and that disappeared in November.)

They probably were going to roll this out back in the fall and it wasn't quite ready to go live yet. This could just be a good test run.
Last edited by alwayssunnyinfl on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:48 pm

boomlawyered wrote: Any chance they're just trying to up the number of applications they can reject?

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:03 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:The only way this would offensive is if applicants who applied through EASYAPP had different requirements, but they don't. This sounds like a way for WUSTL to bypass the LSAC process. This would be crazy inefficient for people who apply to tons of schools, as applying through LSAC is more streamlined and simple for the applicants, but it's probably a lot easier and faster for WUSTL to put together a complete application if everything comes straight from the student. Also, it may make it easier for them to waive the application fee for everyone (remember, there was talk of there being no fee for any applicants this year, and that disappeared in November.)

They probably were going to roll this out back in the fall and it wasn't quite ready to go live yet. This could just be a good test run.

+100

I'm not too worried about this. It's already the end of February. WUSTL is set to release scholly soon. None of these applicants are going to have a significant effect on the rest of us. Unless these all of these kids are auto-admits that WUSTL is planning on fast-tracking...There's no way they collect, process, evaluate, and decide on these applications quickly enough for them to have any real impact on our schollies or decisions.

Schools across the board are sending out fee waivers and extending deadlines. They're all trolling for more applications. WUSTL just figured out a more effective way to get them. Is it kind of desperate? Hell yeahhhh. That's good for us. And besides, all law schools are desperate right now. They're running scared, which only boosts our relative value.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:04 pm

I just checked out that easy thing. It's kind of genius. My question is, if you never sent an original file over to a school, how would you JUST sent LOR and avoid fees?

shntn

Postby shntn » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 pm

I'm e-mailing LSAC for a refund. That's like three drinks worth of CAS fee right there.
Last edited by shntn on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GardenGnome

Postby GardenGnome » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 pm

cusenation wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:The only way this would offensive is if applicants who applied through EASYAPP had different requirements, but they don't. This sounds like a way for WUSTL to bypass the LSAC process. This would be crazy inefficient for people who apply to tons of schools, as applying through LSAC is more streamlined and simple for the applicants, but it's probably a lot easier and faster for WUSTL to put together a complete application if everything comes straight from the student. Also, it may make it easier for them to waive the application fee for everyone (remember, there was talk of there being no fee for any applicants this year, and that disappeared in November.)

+100

I'm not too worried about this. It's already the end of February. WUSTL is set to release scholly soon. None of these applicants are going to have a significant effect on the rest of us. Unless these all of these kids are auto-admits that WUSTL is planning on fast-tracking...There's no way they collect, process, evaluate, and decide on these applications quickly enough for them to have any real impact on our schollies or decisions.

Schools across the board are sending out fee waivers and extending deadlines. They're all trolling for more applications. WUSTL just figured out a more effective way to get them. Is it kind of desperate? Hell yeahhhh. That's good for us. And besides, all law schools are desperate right now. They're running scared, which only boosts our relative value.

Sounds fine for those who are already admitted. Not so much for us still waiting.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:05 pm

cusenation wrote:

+100

I don't know if it's really that desperate. The fact that they were talking about not having any app fees at the beginning of the year, and then they roll this out at the end of the cycle, makes me think that they didn't want to run the risk of this new system getting clogged and screwing up the entire cycle. By having a much smaller number of applicants going through this easy application, they can find any kinks in the system and probably get this up and running for next cycle. Applying to law schools is ridiculously expensive, and if WUSTL is using some of their huge endowment to take even a little of the burden off of applicants, why do people jump to the conclusion that the ONLY reason they're doing this is to increase selectivity?

danielr

Postby danielr » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:09 pm

shntn wrote:I'm e-mailing LSAC for a refund. That's like three drinks worth of CAS fee right there.

The next round is on LSAC! Make it a $20 drink. (I recommend the Dogfish Head 120-Minute IPA. It'll knock your socks off.)

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:11 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
cusenation wrote:

+100

I don't know if it's really that desperate. The fact that they were talking about not having any app fees at the beginning of the year, and then they roll this out at the end of the cycle, makes me think that they didn't want to run the risk of this new system getting clogged and screwing up the entire cycle. By having a much smaller number of applicants going through this easy application, they can find any kinks in the system and probably get this up and running for next cycle. Applying to law schools is ridiculously expensive, and if WUSTL is using some of their huge endowment to take even a little of the burden off of applicants, why do people jump to the conclusion that the ONLY reason they're doing this is to increase selectivity?

WUSTL can get away with this from a TLS standpoint because they like splitters and hate money. TLS likes WUSTL a lot (just look at this thread).

If Georgetown (aka the punchline to every non-Cooley joke on this site) did the same thing the pitchforks and torches would already be out.

IMO.

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:12 pm

danielr wrote:
shntn wrote:I'm e-mailing LSAC for a refund. That's like three drinks worth of CAS fee right there.

The next round is on LSAC! Make it a $20 drink. (I recommend the Dogfish Head 120-Minute IPA. It'll knock your socks off.)

It's what, 3 12 packs of bud light?

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:13 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
danielr wrote:

Where do you shop for beer!?!

shntn

Postby shntn » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:14 pm

BigZuck wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:
danielr wrote:

Where do you shop for beer!?!

Yeah no kidding. LOLsouth

danielr

Postby danielr » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:16 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
danielr wrote:

It is (from Dogfish Head's website) "15-20% ABV and 120 IBUs."

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:16 pm

BigZuck wrote:
WUSTL can get away with this from a TLS standpoint because they like splitters and hate money. TLS likes WUSTL a lot (just look at this thread).

If Georgetown (aka the punchline to every non-Cooley joke on this site) did the same thing the pitchforks and torches would already be out.

IMO.

I think it has more to do with the fact that they're open about what they're doing and they are actually responding to the change in the labor market. Hugely discounting tuition while dramatically shrinking class size is what makes me like them. Splitter love is just icing on the cake.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”