WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
snapdragon25

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby snapdragon25 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:43 pm

you'rethemannowdawg wrote:Also in via email. Submitted early January.

But can't access the admitted students website. Is it too much to ask for one of these schools to have an admitted students website I can actually log into?

Ah well, I'm sure it'll work soon.

+1, not working either :(

ks2499

Postby ks2499 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:44 pm

But can't access the admitted students website. Is it too much to ask for one of these schools to have an admitted students website I can actually log into?

Make sure you click the "admitted students login prompt" box - I somehow didn't notice it at first and got super frustrated. Thankfully did not email admissions about it, haha.

Also, Congrats!!
Last edited by ks2499 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snapdragon25

Postby snapdragon25 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:45 pm

Oh I should add submitted 1/14, complete 1/31, complete again 2/12, in 2/19

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:45 pm

shntn wrote:They were horribly douchey about it. They basically asked what people wanted to make GULC attractive and responded with "LOL sry, no money 4 u!!!"

Wow, that sucks. I'm sure that won't do much at all to win any people over...

Also, re: ASW - I'm sure they'll update the info in the next day or so. I'd bet they didn't want to sit on decisions for sake of the ASW, a mentality that will inevitably be translated, somehow, to scholarship notifications as well.

Alternatively:
ks2499 wrote:

Make sure you click the "admitted students login prompt" box - I somehow didn't notice it at first and got super frustrated. Thankfully did not email admissions about it, haha.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:45 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:
How did they turn people down for schollies?

PM-ed

ks2499 wrote:

+1

crossingfingers

Postby crossingfingers » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:46 pm

danielr wrote:http://left-bank.com/

Whoops...sorry.

No!

...and now compounded with the first decision in a long while (congratulations!). Dean Clifford and Krystal Orr just realized that Dr. Who wasn't around but that they could start fooling with my emotions instead (it's not like I've not outed myself or anything by now)...

WokeUpInACar

Postby WokeUpInACar » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:47 pm

snapdragon25 wrote:Oh I should add submitted 1/14, complete 1/31, complete again 2/12, in 2/19

I submitted 1/16, Complete 1/30, again 2/12, nothing yet!!! Let me in please!!!!

snapdragon25

Postby snapdragon25 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:50 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:
snapdragon25 wrote:Oh I should add submitted 1/14, complete 1/31, complete again 2/12, in 2/19

I submitted 1/16, Complete 1/30, again 2/12, nothing yet!!! Let me in please!!!!

GL! I'm sure some STL love is coming your way very soon!

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:53 pm

It's nice to see the applicant pool of WUSTL grow. Hopefully not everyone will want to go here and we won't have to deal with 300+ classes.

dougfunny

Postby dougfunny » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:53 pm

What are the chances this means schollys are coming out soon??

Also, congrats to those that got in and don't give up hope if you haven't heard yet!

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:54 pm

JesusChrist wrote:It's nice to see the applicant pool of WUSTL grow. Hopefully not everyone will want to go here and we won't have to deal with 300+ classes.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They're gonna be like "Holy crap! Our yield rate went wayyy up. What are we going to do with all these students?!"

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:56 pm

dougfunny wrote:What are the chances this means schollys are coming out soon??

Also, congrats to those that got in and don't give up hope if you haven't heard yet!

I actually think it might mean that scholly's aren't coming out this week...if they're still wrapping up/sending out initial decisions then I'm pretty sure they're not gonna start giving out schollies until after they're done with that. Hopefully i'm wrong

JesusChrist wrote:It's nice to see the applicant pool of WUSTL grow. Hopefully not everyone will want to go here and we won't have to deal with 300+ classes.

+1
class of 150 c'mon lets goooo 8)

bettercallsaul91

Postby bettercallsaul91 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:56 pm

Congrats new admits!!! Here's the facebook group if you want to join in! http://www.facebook.com/groups/wustllaw2016/

ps - schollies will be released last week of Feb/first week of March

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:56 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They're gonna be like "Holy crap! Our yield rate went wayyy up. What are we going to do with all these students?!"

"quick, someone check to see if US News factors yield rates into the rankings!"

But yes, congratulations to everyone who just got in.

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:58 pm

I propose scholarship offers henceforth be referred to as MAC2

cusenation wrote:
I actually think it might mean that scholly's aren't coming out this week...if they're still wrapping up/sending out initial decisions then I'm pretty sure they're not gonna start giving out schollies until after they're done with that. Hopefully i'm wrong

I cannot begin to express neither how much I'm afraid your right nor how much I hope you're not.

But also +1 to the small class size. ETA: but with more acceptances to those still waiting, of course :)

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:01 pm

I'm afraid large classes are going to be inevitable. Check out these hos, yield rates are going to be through the roof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5qKNlcUwKs

westphiladelphia

Postby westphiladelphia » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:06 pm

holy shit -- that GULC stuff is bananas. glad I didn't waste $$ on them after they shot down my fee waiver request.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:12 pm

CONGRATS to all the new admits! Yay!!

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:13 pm

And here I am, left behind in another decision wave....

danielr

Postby danielr » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:14 pm

westphiladelphia wrote:holy shit -- that GULC stuff is bananas. glad I didn't waste $$ on them after they shot down my fee waiver request.

To some extent, yeah, it does not seem like the best way to go about choosing scholarship recipients. However, it has proven effective in weeding out many people with decent numbers who had a middling interest in GULC, at best. That way, they can focus on awarding merit aid to those candidates who have desirable numbers and have expressed an abiding interest in attending. THAT BEING SAID, it does seem like some mistakes have been made, and perhaps the Scholarship Committee at GULC misjudged a number of candidates' interest and credentials. Cuse, you may be one of those people. I know there are others who have reported on the Georgetown thread that they proposed a modest scholarship amount, and expressed continued interest and enthusiasm, and still got the shaft. I don't know how to explain that. Building up that group's expectations and hopes just to say "No" to them is indefensible. So the process they've chosen this year for awarding merit aid is both good and bad, I suppose.
Last edited by danielr on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WokeUpInACar

Postby WokeUpInACar » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:14 pm

westphiladelphia wrote:holy shit -- that GULC stuff is bananas. glad I didn't waste $$ on them after they shot down my fee waiver request.

This exactly :)

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:16 pm

danielr wrote:

To some extent, yeah, it does not seem like the best way to go about choosing scholarship recipients. However, it has proven effective in weeding out many people with decent numbers who had a middling interest in GULC, at best. That way, they can focus on awarding merit aid to those candidates who have desirable numbers and have expressed an abiding interest in attending. THAT BEING SAID, it does seem like some mistakes have been made, and perhaps the Scholarship Committee at GULC misjudged a number of candidates' interest and credentials. Cuse, you may be one of those people. I know there are others who have reported on the Georgetown thread that they proposed a modest scholarship amount, and expressed continued interest and enthusiasm, and still got the shaft. I don't know how to explain that. Building up that group's expectations and hopes just to say "No" to them seems indefensible. So the process they've chosen this year for awarding merit aid is both good and bad, I suppose.

Yeahhh..nooo i actually didn't bother expressing interest..partly because I didn't know i was supposed to...i thought the submitting-an-application part sufficiently expressed my interest, but i guess i'm not really entitled to too much anger just because I wasn't interested to begin with..and i was only planning on using GULC as a negotiation tool lol

shntn

Postby shntn » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:17 pm

They should have YPed from the get-go, when it would have, ya know, actually protected their yield.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:17 pm

danielr wrote:

To some extent, yeah, it does not seem like the best way to go about choosing scholarship recipients. However, it has proven effective in weeding out many people with decent numbers who had a middling interest in GULC, at best. That way, they can focus on awarding merit aid to those candidates who have desirable numbers and have expressed an abiding interest in attending. THAT BEING SAID, it does seem like some mistakes have been made, and perhaps the Scholarship Committee at GULC misjudged a number of candidates' interest and credentials. Cuse, you may be one of those people. I know there are others who have reported on the Georgetown thread that they proposed a modest scholarship amount, and expressed continued interest and enthusiasm, and still got the shaft. I don't know how to explain that. Building up that group's expectations and hopes just to say "No" to them is indefensible. So the process they've chosen this year for awarding merit aid is both good and bad, I suppose.

The problem with this, though, is that there aren't that many people applying this year with 170+ LSAT scores (I think the estimates are 2,500 - 3,000) and GULC has a ginormous class size. They can't really afford to scare away those students when schools like UVA and a;lsdjfal;ksdjfakls;dfjakls;djasdkaflj

Just got trolled hard by WUSTL

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:18 pm

Lolz. Heart attack - WUSTL emailed me with ASD invite.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”