WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jaqen

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Jaqen » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:31 pm

snapdragon25 wrote:KO1 tomorrow! Many thanks to everyone who posted tips ITT!

Good luck! KO was awesome.

snapdragon25

Postby snapdragon25 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Jaqen wrote:

Thanks! I've heard great things from you guys so I'm looking forward to it :)

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:38 pm

snapdragon25 wrote:
Jaqen wrote:

Had a Greg exprience interviewing with her. I also met her at a law fair in seattle last Oct and she remembered me! It was kinda heartwarming

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:39 pm

JayJones78 wrote:Had a Greg exprience interviewing with her. I also met her at a law fair in seattle last Oct and she remembered me! It was kinda heartwarming

-this is dingbat

shntn

Postby shntn » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:42 pm

snapdragon25 wrote:
Jaqen wrote:

Good luck with thé interview! Let us know how it goes!

JadeWest

Postby JadeWest » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:43 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:Had a Greg exprience interviewing with her. I also met her at a law fair in seattle last Oct and she remembered me! It was kinda heartwarming

-this is dingbat

wait. KO is dingbat?!!??!?!!?!?!? wait. who is greg?

sportsaholic763

Postby sportsaholic763 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:52 pm

Do you all think an applicant with a 165 LSAT and a GPA below median but above 25th has a chance? I did not apply earlier because I didn't think I would get in, plus idk if I want to work in the Midwest at all.
That said, I just received a fee waiver from WUSTL. It is super late in the cycle, and I have been accepted to other schools, but would I still have a chance? Not URM, btw. Thanks!

shntn

Postby shntn » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:53 pm

sportsaholic763 wrote:Do you all think an applicant with a 165 LSAT and a GPA below median but above 25th has a chance? I did not apply earlier because I didn't think I would get in, plus idk if I want to work in the Midwest at all.
That said, I just received a fee waiver from WUSTL. It is super late in the cycle, and I have been accepted to other schools, but would I still have a chance? Not URM, btw. Thanks!

My motto is when in doubt, apply. $21 bucks to have your hat in another ring isn't a bad deal at all.

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:55 pm

Wow, I guess a lot of people have been getting fee waivers lately. Maybe applications are down a lot more than I was expecting, I guess that's a good thing.

danielr

Postby danielr » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:56 pm

JadeWest wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

-this is dingbat

Was it this kind of Greg experience???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr6Qgzw5nbU

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:08 pm

danielr wrote:
JadeWest wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

-this is dingbat

Was it this kind of Greg experience???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr6Qgzw5nbU

Oops!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Greg really is great
8)

icanbeohyes

Postby icanbeohyes » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:16 pm

I can't bring myself to wade back through all of the pages, but has there been any releases here on scholarship money?

WokeUpInACar

Postby WokeUpInACar » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:16 pm

icanbeohyes wrote:I can't bring myself to wade back through all of the pages, but has there been any releases here on scholarship money?

No

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:50 pm

WokeUpInACar wrote:
icanbeohyes wrote:I can't bring myself to wade back through all of the pages, but has there been any releases here on scholarship money?

No

And no decisions, although it looks like me and wannabe are the only one still waiting on those

dougfunny

Postby dougfunny » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:53 pm

Is there a way to find out my final LSAC gpa? I never calculated it and am curious if it changes at all in their formula.

shntn

Postby shntn » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:54 pm

dougfunny wrote:Is there a way to find out my final LSAC gpa? I never calculated it and am curious if it changes at all in their formula.

Your academic score report on the LSAC website will tell you.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:54 pm

dougfunny wrote:Is there a way to find out my final LSAC gpa? I never calculated it and am curious if it changes at all in their formula.

You should be able to access some kind of "Transcript summary report" or something under the transcript tab of your LSAC account

dougfunny

Postby dougfunny » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:02 pm

shntn wrote:

cusenation wrote:

You should be able to access some kind of "Transcript summary report" or something under the transcript tab of your LSAC account

I think I found it but the two numbers I found are the same so I'm not positive. I guess that it just didn't change at all. But thanks guys!

simplycatalina

Postby simplycatalina » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:04 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:

No

And no decisions, although it looks like me and wannabe are the only one still waiting on those

And me!!

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:04 pm

dougfunny wrote:
shntn wrote:

cusenation wrote:

I think I found it but the two numbers I found are the same so I'm not positive. I guess that it just didn't change at all. But thanks guys!

If you have never transfered, retaken any classes, or gotten an A+, then the GPA should be the same.

crossingfingers

Postby crossingfingers » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:12 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:

No

I'm still right there with you all. Interview with Orr was 1.7, which is also my last status change. I've had to avoid this thread and manage expectations so that I don't give myself a hernia while waiting. I got way to excited about the prospect of WUSTL and the housing possibilities it accommodates (the $1700 I spend on my one-bedroom in Oakland would apparently be worth, what, an entire zip-code in St. Louis?).

Fellow Californians who were discussing possible moves back: the longer I spend here the harder it becomes to justify the ridiculous cost of living, especially as it becomes increasingly over populated. I've lived in SF, LA, SD, and the East Bay during the past 10 years and it was all at least reasonably affordable until 2011. Tech relegated me to the East Bay and though I still love it here, I can't justify paying so much to live in a place where I can reasonably expect to average one mugging and one break-in per year. Thanks for ruining the SF rental market, Zynga.

Then again, I've become awfully reliant on all this amazing vegan food and reasonable coffee...

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:13 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
dougfunny wrote:
shntn wrote:

cusenation wrote:

If you have never transfered, retaken any classes, or gotten an A+, then the GPA should be the same.

Or if your school counts +/- grades different. My UG treats B+ as 3.5, for example.

Lawschoolpredictor.com has a LSAC GPA calculator on there, too, fwiw

dougfunny

Postby dougfunny » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:14 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
dougfunny wrote:
shntn wrote:

cusenation wrote:

I was wondering if summer classes would affect it at all, but apparently they did not. Thank you for clarifying the things that do make it change though.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:16 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:Or if your school counts +/- grades different. My UG treats B+ as 3.5, for example.

That's absurd. What is an A-? Are you sure it's not B+ is 3.25 and A- is 3.75?

shntn

Postby shntn » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:16 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Unoriginalist wrote:Or if your school counts +/- grades different. My UG treats B+ as 3.5, for example.

That's absurd. What is an A-? Are you sure it's not B+ is 3.25 and A- is 3.75?

Even that is stupid.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”