WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JayJones78

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:36 am

dproduct wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
dproduct wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:Yikes. MY BAD. MOAR DOGS. DOGS UNTIL NEXT PAGE.

ETA: SWEEEET

[img]cutness.jpg?1[/img]

[img]adorable.jpg[/img]

(Yes Im the guy who makes a digital bday card for my dog)

<3 <3

Thanks. He's a great dog

andy261

Postby andy261 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:38 am

So jealous jayjones! Cannot wait to get a dog after (during??!) law school, seriously been waiting my whole life because my mom was allergic. Alaskan Klee Kai if I'm in an apt/condo (with outdoor space or proximity to a park), husky if I have a house. Dem temperamental eyebrows.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:39 am

andy261 wrote:So jealous jayjones! Cannot wait to get a dog after (during??!) law school, seriously been waiting my whole life because my mom was allergic. Alaskan Klee Kai if I'm in an apt/condo (with outdoor space or proximity to a park), husky if I have a house. Dem temperamental eyebrows.

He's doing fine in my city apt. Although I take him on relatively long walks (also because he takes FOREVER to poop. :oops: TMI)

andy261

Postby andy261 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:41 am

JayJones78 wrote:
andy261 wrote:So jealous jayjones! Cannot wait to get a dog after (during??!) law school, seriously been waiting my whole life because my mom was allergic. Alaskan Klee Kai if I'm in an apt/condo (with outdoor space or proximity to a park), husky if I have a house. Dem temperamental eyebrows.

He's doing fine in my city apt. Although I take him on relatively long walks (also because he takes FOREVER to poop. :oops: TMI)

Well with THAT kind of pressure, anyone would clamp up.. :P

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:44 am

andy261 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:

Well with THAT kind of pressure, anyone would clamp up.. :P

Hahah luckily he's a winner in every other dept.

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:06 am

Awwwwww, so cute JayJones!

I'll put a plug in for having a dog during law school if it is feasible for you. It is wonderful to be excited on my way home that I will get to see my dog and that he will be so excited to see me. It really gives me something to look forward to after spending my day dealing with law school. A lot of stuff about law school is frustrating in its arbitrariness and shallowness, and a dog is a wonderful counter to that because his/her love is pure and unconditional (unlike something like who gets on LR, haha). Dogs are in the moment and never worry about anything, which gives some perspective. I also like the structure that my dog provides because I have to get up pretty early to walk him (he will sleep until 9 or 10 if I cover him with the covers when he wakes up, LOL) and then I take him out mid-day and at night. If you are studying at home, having those regular forced breaks outside are nice to give the day some variety and get you some fresh air before you spend another six hours piecing together the cases following the Erie doctrine or whatever. As I am writing this, my dog is curled up sleeping, leaning against my leg, with his head burrowed in the covers...he makes me so happy :D :D :D

TL;DR: dog highly recommended; many dogs need rescuing and would love to have a law student adopt them!!!

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:13 am

How far away is everyone planning to live? I feel like I definitely want to live between the 170 freeway and the east boundary of Forrest Park. That gives me about 4 miles on either side to find housing in. But I'm not sure how far north and south I should discriminate against.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:17 am

somewhatwayward wrote:Awwwwww, so cute JayJones!

I'll put a plug in for having a dog during law school if it is feasible for you. It is wonderful to be excited on my way home that I will get to see my dog and that he will be so excited to see me. It really gives me something to look forward to after spending my day dealing with law school. A lot of stuff about law school is frustrating in its arbitrariness and shallowness, and a dog is a wonderful counter to that because his/her love is pure and unconditional (unlike something like who gets on LR, haha). Dogs are in the moment and never worry about anything, which gives some perspective. I also like the structure that my dog provides because I have to get up pretty early to walk him (he will sleep until 9 or 10 if I cover him with the covers when he wakes up, LOL) and then I take him out mid-day and at night. If you are studying at home, having those regular forced breaks outside are nice to give the day some variety and get you some fresh air before you spend another six hours piecing together the cases following the Erie doctrine or whatever. As I am writing this, my dog is curled up sleeping, leaning against my leg, with his head burrowed in the covers...he makes me so happy :D :D :D

TL;DR: dog highly recommended; many dogs need rescuing and would love to have a law student adopt them!!!

+1000000000

Although my dog does get worried at times - at when he will eat again. Goldens are canine dumpsters. He'll probably eat paper if offered to him :shock:

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:10 am

JesusChrist wrote:How far away is everyone planning to live? I feel like I definitely want to live between the 170 freeway and the east boundary of Forrest Park. That gives me about 4 miles on either side to find housing in. But I'm not sure how far north and south I should discriminate against.

I just now began trolling for apartments... now that everything is so affordable, I'm trying to figure out which neighborhood/area is the best.

JesusChrist

Postby JesusChrist » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:19 am

dproduct wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:How far away is everyone planning to live? I feel like I definitely want to live between the 170 freeway and the east boundary of Forrest Park. That gives me about 4 miles on either side to find housing in. But I'm not sure how far north and south I should discriminate against.

I just now began trolling for apartments... now that everything is so affordable, I'm trying to figure out which neighborhood/area is the best.

These two options look VERY promising, but I don't know anything about the areas.

--LinkRemoved--

--LinkRemoved--

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:23 am

JesusChrist wrote:
dproduct wrote:

These two options look VERY promising, but I don't know anything about the areas.

--LinkRemoved--

--LinkRemoved--

BOTH have washer and dryers? I'm crying.

bettercallsaul91

Postby bettercallsaul91 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:30 am

dproduct wrote:BOTH have washer and dryers? I'm crying.

These apartments all have DISHWASHERS too. No wonder we have so many working class people voting like they're upper class.

Btw, my dog Gogi:
With the standard schnauzer cut
Let his hair grow out and just trimmed his beard for winter
Hanging out in my shirt ^_^

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:45 am

Nailed. Adorable dog.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:51 am

Is there anything better than the St. Louis housing page on Craigslist? It's seriously magical.

ETA: --LinkRemoved--

I mean... WHAT?! :shock:

bettercallsaul91

Postby bettercallsaul91 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:19 am

dproduct wrote:Is there anything better than the St. Louis housing page on Craigslist? It's seriously magical.

After living here, think we'll be willing to pay CA rent again? :/

And merci ^_^ His name means 'meat' in Korean.

Princess Consuela

Postby Princess Consuela » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 am

dproduct wrote:Is there anything better than the St. Louis housing page on Craigslist? It's seriously magical.

This seems too good to be true..

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:05 am

Them are some cute dogs... Seeing these pictures makes me want to get one!

If you guys haven't yet, the WUSTL Taking Q's thread has a ton of info in the mass of pages on areas of the city to live, where to avoid, what the surrounding culture is like, etc.

I've been scouting out some 1BRs in the Clayton area around STL, and area southwest/south of Forest Park. There are some darn beautiful apts around WashU.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 am

Unoriginalist wrote:Them are some cute dogs... Seeing these pictures makes me want to get one!

If you guys haven't yet, the WUSTL Taking Q's thread has a ton of info in the mass of pages on areas of the city to live, where to avoid, what the surrounding culture is like, etc.

I've been scouting out some 1BRs in the Clayton area around STL, and area southwest/south of Forest Park. There are some darn beautiful apts around WashU.

+1

This page provides a nice summary as well!
http://law.wustl.edu/admissions/lifeasweknowit/?p=202

(Omg dogs!)

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:12 am

You Fools! Don't you know Dean Clifford hates dogs! You're only making her more angry!

Princess Consuela

Postby Princess Consuela » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:19 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:You Fools! Don't you know Dean Clifford hates dogs! You're only making her more angry!

I feel like this is your week, wannabe

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:01 am

http://www.wcl.american.edu/wcl_events/event_detail.cfm?event_id=35153

I can't decide if this is hilariously desperate or amusingly innovative...

shntn

Postby shntn » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:05 am

cusenation wrote:http://www.wcl.american.edu/wcl_events/event_detail.cfm?event_id=35153

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Definitely the bolded. Knowing how to make people laugh and like you is important, but JFC...

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:41 am

Did we really just catch up to the northwestern thread? :D 8)

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:44 am

cusenation wrote:Did we really just catch up to the northwestern thread? :D 8)

We're comin for ya harvard

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:46 am

cusenation wrote:http://www.wcl.american.edu/wcl_events/event_detail.cfm?event_id=35153

LOL Campos would have a field day with this

Eta: scooped by Campos himself http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot. ... 9.html?m=1
Last edited by Xs20 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”