WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shntn

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shntn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:07 pm

dproduct wrote:Please drive through Wewo in that.

Anyone know how to make a horn play "La Cucaracha"?

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:09 pm

shntn wrote:
dproduct wrote:Please drive through Wewo in that.

Anyone know how to make a horn play "La Cucaracha"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA-L4xo_gyo

jmh14

Postby jmh14 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Hey guys, I talked to Mary Ann Clifford on Friday during an interview and asked when scholarships will be released. She said that the committee is working on it and they should be out the last week of February or the first week in March. Just thought I'd let everyone know!

shntn

Postby shntn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:19 pm

jmh14 wrote:Hey guys, I talked to Mary Ann Clifford on Friday during an interview and asked when scholarships will be released. She said that the committee is working on it and they should be out the last week of February or the first week in March. Just thought I'd let everyone know!

wat

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:20 pm

jmh14 wrote:Hey guys, I talked to Mary Ann Clifford on Friday during an interview and asked when scholarships will be released. She said that the committee is working on it and they should be out the last week of February or the first week in March. Just thought I'd let everyone know!

But you were accepted on the 12th, how was your interview Friday? MAC IS THAT YOU!?

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:21 pm

Any mention on decision times??

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:24 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

But you were accepted on the 12th, how was your interview Friday? MAC IS THAT YOU!?

Serious investigated reporting!! I like that

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:24 pm

Kill me

jmh14

Postby jmh14 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:24 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

Haha well I emailed admissions to set up an interview on Monday, scheduled it on Tuesday and 3 hours later got accepted. So I'm not really sure what the interview was for, but it was really nice talking to her!\

And jayjones, no, I didn't ask her about that, sorry.

shntn

Postby shntn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:25 pm

jmh14 wrote:I didn't ask her about that, sorry.

:evil: :evil: :cry:

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:30 pm

shntn wrote:
jmh14 wrote:I didn't ask her about that, sorry.

:evil: :evil: :cry:

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Also to MARCH :shock: :arrow: :evil: :arrow: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:32 pm

dproduct wrote:Also to MARCH :shock: :arrow: :evil: :arrow: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's in like 10 days, chill

snapdragon25

Postby snapdragon25 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 pm

dproduct wrote:Also to MARCH :shock: :arrow: :evil: :arrow: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's ok, Courtney!

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:41 pm

snapdragon25 wrote:

It's ok, Courtney!

:lol:

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Everyone needs to chill! We need to keep our composure. We cant be freaking out! Just chill!

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:44 pm

Maybe... MAYBE... The round of scholarships that jmh is in is set to be released after the initial wave, since he was accepted so recently.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:45 pm

Excellent, Courtney. They're playing right into our hands!

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:46 pm

ITT: people happy that feb only has 28 days

shntn

Postby shntn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:47 pm

Crowing wrote:ITT: people happy that feb only has 28 days

Yup. I'm just SO READY for this whole process to be over so I can book a plane ticket, start looking at apartments, and get going already. I've been in the active planning stages for LS for about three solid years, so it's really hard to stay patient right here toward the end.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:49 pm

This cycle is just..so unusual across the board from last year. I'm gonna guess that declining apps, WUSTL's desire to protect/boost medians, and keep class size relatively low are all partly why they're taking longer to make scholly decisions.

Or it could just be that the backlog in admissions decisions translates into a backlog in scholly decisions. Hopefully they'll come out sooner than later :(

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:50 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Excellent, Courtney. They're playing right into our hands!

8) 8)

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:51 pm

cusenation wrote:This cycle is just..so unusual across the board from last year. I'm gonna guess that declining apps, WUSTL's desire to protect/boost medians, and keep class size relatively low are all partly why they're taking longer to make scholly decisions.

Or it could just be that the backlog in admissions decisions translates into a backlog in scholly decisions. Hopefully they'll come out sooner than later :(

This has got to be a big part of it. The word's out, law school is a terrible investment, and if they're used to a certain percentage of the people who get huge scholarships withdrawing and that doesn't happen this year, they could be screwed. Or not. Who knows.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:15 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
cusenation wrote:This cycle is just..so unusual across the board from last year. I'm gonna guess that declining apps, WUSTL's desire to protect/boost medians, and keep class size relatively low are all partly why they're taking longer to make scholly decisions.

This has got to be a big part of it. The word's out, law school is a terrible investment, and if they're used to a certain percentage of the people who get huge scholarships withdrawing and that doesn't happen this year, they could be screwed. Or not. Who knows.

+1

Just thinking about that would paralyze me if I was an adcomm member..What if I give schollies to ppl who aren't interested?..what if I don't give scholly to ppl who would've come?..How much do I need to offer to get these segments of admits to come? How I do all this without risking a massive or tiny class? And it's not like WUSTL can establish GPA/LSAT cutoffs for scholly or something to simplify things. This might be one of those few times where "applicant enthusiasm" actually has a meaningful impact outside of the waitlist context...
Last edited by DoveBodyWash on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:18 pm

cusenation wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

+1

Just thinking about that would paralyze me if I was an adcomm member..What if I give schollies to ppl who aren't interested?..what if I don't give scholly to ppl who would've come?..How much do I need to offer to get these segments of admits to come? And it's not like WUSTL can establish GPA/LSAT cutoffs for scholly or something to simplify things. This might be one of those few times where "applicant enthusiasm" actually has a meaningful impact outside of the waitlist context...

I hope the whole interview process will come into play. Can we have scholarship interviews? I have talents...n things.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”