WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Unoriginalist

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Unoriginalist » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:06 pm

We fell off the first page? Wow, slow day for sure.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:We fell off the first page? Wow, slow day for sure.

It's in honor of President's day.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:16 pm

We didn't actually fall off the first page, we just got low.

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:20 pm

We can't have that.

Table topic: What's the minimum amount of scholly money that would make you definitely go to WUSTL?

shntn

Postby shntn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:21 pm

Xs20 wrote:We can't have that.

Table topic: How much scholly money would make you definitely go to WUSTL?

It's all relative, baby. But if they could match, or best, my current leading offer, they would be my new leading offer.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:24 pm

shntn wrote:

It's all relative, baby. But if they could match, or best, my current leading offer, they would be my new leading offer.

+1

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:24 pm

shntn wrote:

If they beat the NYU offer you would choose WUSTL???

Although what do you mean by "beat?" Full ride plus stipend plus name you dean of the law school?

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:28 pm

shntn wrote:

Don't blame you. The difference in COL is pretty significant if you're really debt averse, and it sounds like living anywhere outside of walking distance from UCLA makes for a logistical nightmare.

JadeWest

Postby JadeWest » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:29 pm

BigZuck wrote:
shntn wrote:

Although what do you mean by "beat?" Full ride plus stipend plus name you dean of the law school?

and i want a building named after me

shntn

Postby shntn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Xs20 wrote:
shntn wrote:

Don't blame you. The difference in COL is pretty significant if you're really debt averse, and it sounds like living anywhere outside of walking distance from UCLA makes for a logistical nightmare.

No kidding. And I don't have a car, either. I think I could manage without one in STL, but doing the same in LA would be pretty tough. IT'S SO BIG.

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:29 pm

BigZuck wrote:
shntn wrote:

That certainly would do it for me.

Half-ride+ would probably be it for me. Unless WashU is reading this and knows who I am, in which case my minimum is 10k/year more than their initial offer. ;)

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:Half-ride+ would probably be it for me. Unless WashU is reading this and knows who I am, in which case my minimum is 10k/year more than their initial offer. ;)

+1. Anything less than a half ride, and I would probably have to seriously consider a 75%-full ride from UIUC/Indiana/Iowa.

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:37 pm

shntn wrote:
Xs20 wrote:Don't blame you. The difference in COL is pretty significant if you're really debt averse, and it sounds like living anywhere outside of walking distance from UCLA makes for a logistical nightmare.

No kidding. And I don't have a car, either. I think I could manage without one in STL, but doing the same in LA would be pretty tough. IT'S SO BIG.

Definitely. They told us plenty of WUSTL students get by just fine with public transit/WeCar.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:39 pm

shntn wrote:
Xs20 wrote:
shntn wrote:

LOL at no car in LA. Nope. Nope. Nope. 1st/2nd year as UGRAD? No problemo. After that, it gets more and more unbearable.

shntn

Postby shntn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:44 pm

dproduct wrote:LOL at no car in LA. Nope. Nope. Nope. 1st/2nd year as UGRAD? No problemo. After that, it gets more and more unbearable.

Yeah, that's just another thing to consider. Factor in another $20-$25k for a clunker and three years of gas, maintenance and insurance. (Never owned my own car, so I could be way off here.)

snapdragon25

Postby snapdragon25 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:45 pm

shntn wrote:
dproduct wrote:LOL at no car in LA. Nope. Nope. Nope. 1st/2nd year as UGRAD? No problemo. After that, it gets more and more unbearable.

Yeah, that's just another thing to consider. Factor in another $20-$25k for a clunker and three years of gas, maintenance and insurance. (Never owned my own car, so I could be way off here.)

Get a vespa!! I've always wanted to live somewhere with appropriate vespa weather

shntn

Postby shntn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:46 pm

snapdragon25 wrote:
shntn wrote:

Get a vespa!! I've always wanted to live somewhere with appropriate vespa weather

Oh god, there are always so many of those parked outside of Penn Law. Is that a thing?

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:50 pm

shntn wrote:
snapdragon25 wrote:
shntn wrote:

Oh god, there are always so many of those parked outside of Penn Law. Is that a thing?

It's an athlete-only thing at UCLA. It's very uncommon outside of them (that I noticed in my four years). As for car, bring that down to like 10k buddy :) This is, of course, dependent on your definition of clunker.

snapdragon25

Postby snapdragon25 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:51 pm

shntn wrote:
snapdragon25 wrote:
shntn wrote:

I think it's becoming kind of a hipster thing? You can get a used one for a couple grand and the gas mileage literally can't be beat. I desperately want an obnoxious mint green one, but where I live I'd only be able to use it 3 months out of the year, minus days it rains... :cry:

shntn

Postby shntn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:53 pm

dproduct wrote:
It's an athlete-only thing at UCLA. It's very uncommon outside of them (that I noticed in my four years). As for car, bring that down to like 10k buddy :) This is, of course, dependent on your definition of clunker.

Even with the gas and stuff? I guess that makes sense. Even at $100/month for gas, that wouldn't be as much as I'd spitballed.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:57 pm

shntn wrote:
dproduct wrote:

Even with the gas and stuff? I guess that makes sense. Even at $100/month for gas, that wouldn't be as much as I'd spitballed.

Yeah, just as long as you are not commuting from Simi Valley or something. You'll most likely be in/around a 10 mile bubble for most of the time.

shntn

Postby shntn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:59 pm

dproduct wrote:
shntn wrote:
dproduct wrote:

Yeah, just as long as you are not commuting from Simi Valley or something. You'll most likely be in/around a 10 mile bubble for most of the time.

Hmm, good point.

And I was thinking something like this as my clunker.

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:00 pm

It would have to be more than 90k for me to commit to WUSTL, and idk if that's likely given my GPA. :shock: :?

howardgirl

Postby howardgirl » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:02 pm

shntn wrote:

+1

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:06 pm

shntn wrote:
dproduct wrote:
shntn wrote:
dproduct wrote:

Hmm, good point.

And I was thinking something like this as my clunker.

Please drive through Wewo in that.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”