WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Unoriginalist
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Unoriginalist » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:06 pm

We fell off the first page? Wow, slow day for sure.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JayJones78 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:14 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:We fell off the first page? Wow, slow day for sure.


It's in honor of President's day.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby dproduct » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:16 pm

We didn't actually fall off the first page, we just got low.

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:20 pm

We can't have that.

Table topic: What's the minimum amount of scholly money that would make you definitely go to WUSTL?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shntn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:21 pm

Xs20 wrote:We can't have that.

Table topic: How much scholly money would make you definitely go to WUSTL?

It's all relative, baby. But if they could match, or best, my current leading offer, they would be my new leading offer.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby dproduct » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:24 pm

shntn wrote:
Xs20 wrote:We can't have that.

Table topic: How much scholly money would make you definitely go to WUSTL?

It's all relative, baby. But if they could match, or best, my current leading offer, they would be my new leading offer.


+1

BigZuck
Posts: 10854
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby BigZuck » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:24 pm

shntn wrote:
Xs20 wrote:We can't have that.

Table topic: How much scholly money would make you definitely go to WUSTL?

It's all relative, baby. But if they could match, or best, my current leading offer, they would be my new leading offer.


If they beat the NYU offer you would choose WUSTL???

Although what do you mean by "beat?" Full ride plus stipend plus name you dean of the law school?

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:28 pm

shntn wrote:
Xs20 wrote:We can't have that.

Table topic: How much scholly money would make you definitely go to WUSTL?

It's all relative, baby. But if they could match, or best, my current leading offer, they would be my new leading offer.

Don't blame you. The difference in COL is pretty significant if you're really debt averse, and it sounds like living anywhere outside of walking distance from UCLA makes for a logistical nightmare.

User avatar
JadeWest
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JadeWest » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:29 pm

BigZuck wrote:
shntn wrote:
Xs20 wrote:We can't have that.

Table topic: How much scholly money would make you definitely go to WUSTL?

It's all relative, baby. But if they could match, or best, my current leading offer, they would be my new leading offer.


If they beat the NYU offer you would choose WUSTL???

Although what do you mean by "beat?" Full ride plus stipend plus name you dean of the law school?


and i want a building named after me

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shntn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Xs20 wrote:
shntn wrote:
Xs20 wrote:We can't have that.

Table topic: How much scholly money would make you definitely go to WUSTL?

It's all relative, baby. But if they could match, or best, my current leading offer, they would be my new leading offer.

Don't blame you. The difference in COL is pretty significant if you're really debt averse, and it sounds like living anywhere outside of walking distance from UCLA makes for a logistical nightmare.

No kidding. And I don't have a car, either. I think I could manage without one in STL, but doing the same in LA would be pretty tough. IT'S SO BIG.

User avatar
Unoriginalist
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Unoriginalist » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:29 pm

BigZuck wrote:
shntn wrote:
Xs20 wrote:We can't have that.

Table topic: How much scholly money would make you definitely go to WUSTL?

It's all relative, baby. But if they could match, or best, my current leading offer, they would be my new leading offer.


If they beat the NYU offer you would choose WUSTL???

Although what do you mean by "beat?" Full ride plus stipend plus name you dean of the law school?


That certainly would do it for me.

Half-ride+ would probably be it for me. Unless WashU is reading this and knows who I am, in which case my minimum is 10k/year more than their initial offer. ;)

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:Half-ride+ would probably be it for me. Unless WashU is reading this and knows who I am, in which case my minimum is 10k/year more than their initial offer. ;)

+1. Anything less than a half ride, and I would probably have to seriously consider a 75%-full ride from UIUC/Indiana/Iowa.

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:37 pm

shntn wrote:
Xs20 wrote:Don't blame you. The difference in COL is pretty significant if you're really debt averse, and it sounds like living anywhere outside of walking distance from UCLA makes for a logistical nightmare.

No kidding. And I don't have a car, either. I think I could manage without one in STL, but doing the same in LA would be pretty tough. IT'S SO BIG.

Definitely. They told us plenty of WUSTL students get by just fine with public transit/WeCar.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby dproduct » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:39 pm

shntn wrote:
Xs20 wrote:
shntn wrote:
Xs20 wrote:We can't have that.

Table topic: How much scholly money would make you definitely go to WUSTL?

It's all relative, baby. But if they could match, or best, my current leading offer, they would be my new leading offer.

Don't blame you. The difference in COL is pretty significant if you're really debt averse, and it sounds like living anywhere outside of walking distance from UCLA makes for a logistical nightmare.

No kidding. And I don't have a car, either. I think I could manage without one in STL, but doing the same in LA would be pretty tough. IT'S SO BIG.


LOL at no car in LA. Nope. Nope. Nope. 1st/2nd year as UGRAD? No problemo. After that, it gets more and more unbearable.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shntn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:44 pm

dproduct wrote:LOL at no car in LA. Nope. Nope. Nope. 1st/2nd year as UGRAD? No problemo. After that, it gets more and more unbearable.

Yeah, that's just another thing to consider. Factor in another $20-$25k for a clunker and three years of gas, maintenance and insurance. (Never owned my own car, so I could be way off here.)

snapdragon25
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby snapdragon25 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:45 pm

shntn wrote:
dproduct wrote:LOL at no car in LA. Nope. Nope. Nope. 1st/2nd year as UGRAD? No problemo. After that, it gets more and more unbearable.

Yeah, that's just another thing to consider. Factor in another $20-$25k for a clunker and three years of gas, maintenance and insurance. (Never owned my own car, so I could be way off here.)


Get a vespa!! I've always wanted to live somewhere with appropriate vespa weather

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shntn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:46 pm

snapdragon25 wrote:
shntn wrote:
dproduct wrote:LOL at no car in LA. Nope. Nope. Nope. 1st/2nd year as UGRAD? No problemo. After that, it gets more and more unbearable.

Yeah, that's just another thing to consider. Factor in another $20-$25k for a clunker and three years of gas, maintenance and insurance. (Never owned my own car, so I could be way off here.)


Get a vespa!! I've always wanted to live somewhere with appropriate vespa weather

Oh god, there are always so many of those parked outside of Penn Law. Is that a thing?

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby dproduct » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:50 pm

shntn wrote:
snapdragon25 wrote:
shntn wrote:
dproduct wrote:LOL at no car in LA. Nope. Nope. Nope. 1st/2nd year as UGRAD? No problemo. After that, it gets more and more unbearable.

Yeah, that's just another thing to consider. Factor in another $20-$25k for a clunker and three years of gas, maintenance and insurance. (Never owned my own car, so I could be way off here.)


Get a vespa!! I've always wanted to live somewhere with appropriate vespa weather

Oh god, there are always so many of those parked outside of Penn Law. Is that a thing?


It's an athlete-only thing at UCLA. It's very uncommon outside of them (that I noticed in my four years). As for car, bring that down to like 10k buddy :) This is, of course, dependent on your definition of clunker.

snapdragon25
Posts: 370
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby snapdragon25 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:51 pm

shntn wrote:
snapdragon25 wrote:
shntn wrote:
dproduct wrote:LOL at no car in LA. Nope. Nope. Nope. 1st/2nd year as UGRAD? No problemo. After that, it gets more and more unbearable.

Yeah, that's just another thing to consider. Factor in another $20-$25k for a clunker and three years of gas, maintenance and insurance. (Never owned my own car, so I could be way off here.)


Get a vespa!! I've always wanted to live somewhere with appropriate vespa weather

Oh god, there are always so many of those parked outside of Penn Law. Is that a thing?


I think it's becoming kind of a hipster thing? You can get a used one for a couple grand and the gas mileage literally can't be beat. I desperately want an obnoxious mint green one, but where I live I'd only be able to use it 3 months out of the year, minus days it rains... :cry:

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shntn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:53 pm

dproduct wrote:
It's an athlete-only thing at UCLA. It's very uncommon outside of them (that I noticed in my four years). As for car, bring that down to like 10k buddy :) This is, of course, dependent on your definition of clunker.

Even with the gas and stuff? I guess that makes sense. Even at $100/month for gas, that wouldn't be as much as I'd spitballed.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby dproduct » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:57 pm

shntn wrote:
dproduct wrote:
It's an athlete-only thing at UCLA. It's very uncommon outside of them (that I noticed in my four years). As for car, bring that down to like 10k buddy :) This is, of course, dependent on your definition of clunker.

Even with the gas and stuff? I guess that makes sense. Even at $100/month for gas, that wouldn't be as much as I'd spitballed.


Yeah, just as long as you are not commuting from Simi Valley or something. You'll most likely be in/around a 10 mile bubble for most of the time.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shntn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:59 pm

dproduct wrote:
shntn wrote:
dproduct wrote:
It's an athlete-only thing at UCLA. It's very uncommon outside of them (that I noticed in my four years). As for car, bring that down to like 10k buddy :) This is, of course, dependent on your definition of clunker.

Even with the gas and stuff? I guess that makes sense. Even at $100/month for gas, that wouldn't be as much as I'd spitballed.


Yeah, just as long as you are not commuting from Simi Valley or something. You'll most likely be in/around a 10 mile bubble for most of the time.

Hmm, good point.

And I was thinking something like this as my clunker.

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:00 pm

It would have to be more than 90k for me to commit to WUSTL, and idk if that's likely given my GPA. :shock: :?

howardgirl
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby howardgirl » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:02 pm

shntn wrote:
Xs20 wrote:We can't have that.

Table topic: How much scholly money would make you definitely go to WUSTL?

It's all relative, baby. But if they could match, or best, my current leading offer, they would be my new leading offer.


+1

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby dproduct » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:06 pm

shntn wrote:
dproduct wrote:
shntn wrote:
dproduct wrote:
It's an athlete-only thing at UCLA. It's very uncommon outside of them (that I noticed in my four years). As for car, bring that down to like 10k buddy :) This is, of course, dependent on your definition of clunker.

Even with the gas and stuff? I guess that makes sense. Even at $100/month for gas, that wouldn't be as much as I'd spitballed.


Yeah, just as long as you are not commuting from Simi Valley or something. You'll most likely be in/around a 10 mile bubble for most of the time.

Hmm, good point.

And I was thinking something like this as my clunker.


Please drive through Wewo in that.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZnative, Long shot hero, ohgosh, smashbash and 15 guests