WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:05 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Holy shit the Wake Forest dean just laid down her thoughts on ASD-PARENTGATE 2013 in the WF thread.

LINK

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=197332&start=550

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:11 pm

Can't decide if I want to live alone or with a roommate either. I asked the 3L who led our tour at ASD what people usually do 1L year, and he said the vast majority of people have at least one other 1L roommate. I think it'd be nice to have someone going through the same thing who you can study with and whatnot, but yeah, I'm kind of an OCD clean freak sometimes and living with someone who I'm always cleaning up after would drive me insane.

Is anyone planning on going to that Housing Day in May or whenever it is? I don't know much about it but it sounds like that's where most people find roommates.

User avatar
timeandspace11
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby timeandspace11 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:17 pm

dproduct wrote:I wanted to issue a friendly reminder to everyone that in addition to your FAFSA, do not forget to fill out the Wash U financial aid form as well.

I've had a real hell of a time getting the specific breakdown of my loans, so if you have not done this already, now is a good time to start!

ETA: OP has been updated reflecting the above information.


Thanks for this. Im confused about the first question where it says academic year. Are they asking for the year we would graduate: 2016? There is no 2013 listed so I am a bit confused

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Xs20 wrote:Can't decide if I want to live alone or with a roommate either. I asked the 3L who led our tour at ASD what people usually do 1L year, and he said the vast majority of people have at least one other 1L roommate. I think it'd be nice to have someone going through the same thing who you can study with and whatnot, but yeah, I'm kind of an OCD clean freak sometimes and living with someone who I'm always cleaning up after would drive me insane.

Is anyone planning on going to that Housing Day in May or whenever it is? I don't know much about it but it sounds like that's where most people find roommates.


The Admitted Students Bulletin Board says that there are two and they're in June and July this year. I'm planning on moving in July so I can get settled and make some friends before classes start. I think my best plan of attack would be to pack up my stuff and drive for the housing day in July, see if having a roommate would be a good idea, and then hunt for an apartment.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:20 pm

So does this mean the halo effect is defeated or do we halo effect Wake Forest by withdrawing my app?

howardgirl
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby howardgirl » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:24 pm

I'm curious as to how old everyone is?

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shntn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:27 pm

howardgirl wrote:I'm curious as to how old everyone is?

Old as shit.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JayJones78 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:29 pm

shntn wrote:
howardgirl wrote:I'm curious as to how old everyone is?

Old as shit.

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:31 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Xs20 wrote:Can't decide if I want to live alone or with a roommate either. I asked the 3L who led our tour at ASD what people usually do 1L year, and he said the vast majority of people have at least one other 1L roommate. I think it'd be nice to have someone going through the same thing who you can study with and whatnot, but yeah, I'm kind of an OCD clean freak sometimes and living with someone who I'm always cleaning up after would drive me insane.

Is anyone planning on going to that Housing Day in May or whenever it is? I don't know much about it but it sounds like that's where most people find roommates.


The Admitted Students Bulletin Board says that there are two and they're in June and July this year. I'm planning on moving in July so I can get settled and make some friends before classes start. I think my best plan of attack would be to pack up my stuff and drive for the housing day in July, see if having a roommate would be a good idea, and then hunt for an apartment.

Sounds like a plan. I definitely want to move a few weeks early to get a feel for the area and meet people too.

Here are some links I stole from the c/o 2015 facebook group to help people find places to live:
http://www.padmapper.com/search/apartme ... /St-Louis/
http://www.frontdoorstl.com/?pg=neighborhood
http://www.myapartmentmap.com/map/citie ... int_louis/
http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_rent/Saint-Louis-MO/

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shntn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:33 pm

Xs20 wrote:I definitely want to move a few weeks early to get a feel for the area and meet people too.

+1

howardgirl
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby howardgirl » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Xs20 wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Xs20 wrote:Can't decide if I want to live alone or with a roommate either. I asked the 3L who led our tour at ASD what people usually do 1L year, and he said the vast majority of people have at least one other 1L roommate. I think it'd be nice to have someone going through the same thing who you can study with and whatnot, but yeah, I'm kind of an OCD clean freak sometimes and living with someone who I'm always cleaning up after would drive me insane.

Is anyone planning on going to that Housing Day in May or whenever it is? I don't know much about it but it sounds like that's where most people find roommates.


The Admitted Students Bulletin Board says that there are two and they're in June and July this year. I'm planning on moving in July so I can get settled and make some friends before classes start. I think my best plan of attack would be to pack up my stuff and drive for the housing day in July, see if having a roommate would be a good idea, and then hunt for an apartment.

Sounds like a plan. I definitely want to move a few weeks early to get a feel for the area and meet people too.

Here are some links I stole from the c/o 2015 facebook group to help people find places to live:
http://www.padmapper.com/search/apartme ... /St-Louis/
http://www.frontdoorstl.com/?pg=neighborhood
http://www.myapartmentmap.com/map/citie ... int_louis/
http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_rent/Saint-Louis-MO/


This is helpful, thanks.

User avatar
Unoriginalist
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Unoriginalist » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:37 pm

howardgirl wrote:I'm curious as to how old everyone is?


K-JD
Xs20 wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Xs20 wrote:Can't decide if I want to live alone or with a roommate either. I asked the 3L who led our tour at ASD what people usually do 1L year, and he said the vast majority of people have at least one other 1L roommate. I think it'd be nice to have someone going through the same thing who you can study with and whatnot, but yeah, I'm kind of an OCD clean freak sometimes and living with someone who I'm always cleaning up after would drive me insane.

Is anyone planning on going to that Housing Day in May or whenever it is? I don't know much about it but it sounds like that's where most people find roommates.


The Admitted Students Bulletin Board says that there are two and they're in June and July this year. I'm planning on moving in July so I can get settled and make some friends before classes start. I think my best plan of attack would be to pack up my stuff and drive for the housing day in July, see if having a roommate would be a good idea, and then hunt for an apartment.

Sounds like a plan. I definitely want to move a few weeks early to get a feel for the area and meet people too.

Here are some links I stole from the c/o 2015 facebook group to help people find places to live:
http://www.padmapper.com/search/apartme ... /St-Louis/
http://www.frontdoorstl.com/?pg=neighborhood
http://www.myapartmentmap.com/map/citie ... int_louis/
http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_rent/Saint-Louis-MO/


This is great. Thanks!

When are people thinking they're going to move in? My current lease is up this month, and I'm debating if I want to renew for 6 months (through August, moving in early/mid August) or do month-to-month and move in in July.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shntn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:40 pm

I'm going to be eating several months of rent on my current lease no matter what, so I'm thinking mid-July to early-August, depending on where I wind up. Some places I'm already familiar with and have friends in, but if it's somewhere brand new, I'll definitely want at least a few weeks to just explore and get settled in.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JayJones78 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:42 pm

shntn wrote:I'm going to be eating several months of rent on my current lease no matter what, so I'm thinking mid-July to early-August, depending on where I wind up. Some places I'm already familiar with and have friends in, but if it's somewhere brand new, I'll definitely want at least a few weeks to just explore and get settled in.


I plan to move in early August no matter where I end up attending. I believe most orientations are around last week of August no? I need time to move in, go to ikea and other second hand stores / apt complex dumpster scouting. You would not believe what people throw away!!

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JayJones78 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:44 pm

By the way the visit from the WF dean in that thread completely convicted me that probably a great majority of LS adcomms visit these thread.

Hey WashU!! Please love me. I already love you

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shntn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:45 pm

JayJones78 wrote:By the way the visit from the WF dean in that thread completely convicted me that probably a great majority of LS adcomms visit these thread.

Hey WashU!! Please love me. I already love you

Adcomms definitely visit the on-topics.

howardgirl
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby howardgirl » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:46 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
shntn wrote:I'm going to be eating several months of rent on my current lease no matter what, so I'm thinking mid-July to early-August, depending on where I wind up. Some places I'm already familiar with and have friends in, but if it's somewhere brand new, I'll definitely want at least a few weeks to just explore and get settled in.


I plan to move in early August no matter where I end up attending. I believe most orientations are around last week of August no? I need time to move in, go to ikea and other second hand stores / apt complex dumpster scouting. You would not believe what people throw away!!


I somehow had this idea that I would move like the day before orientation. I clearly need to rethink this. This is the first time I'm moving out so I'm kind of under-estimating the time I would need. Early August sounds good.

wannabelawstudent
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:47 pm

JayJones78 wrote:By the way the visit from the WF dean in that thread completely convicted me that probably a great majority of LS adcomms visit these thread.

Hey WashU!! Please love me. I already love you

Tried it.....

What's funny is in the UIUC audit its pretty clear they use TLS and LSN to gauge their yield/how competitors are doing.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby JayJones78 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:49 pm

howardgirl wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
shntn wrote:I'm going to be eating several months of rent on my current lease no matter what, so I'm thinking mid-July to early-August, depending on where I wind up. Some places I'm already familiar with and have friends in, but if it's somewhere brand new, I'll definitely want at least a few weeks to just explore and get settled in.


I plan to move in early August no matter where I end up attending. I believe most orientations are around last week of August no? I need time to move in, go to ikea and other second hand stores / apt complex dumpster scouting. You would not believe what people throw away!!


I somehow had this idea that I would move like the day before orientation. I clearly need to rethink this. This is the first time I'm moving out so I'm kind of under-estimating the time I would need. Early August sounds good.



I would say no later than a week before, and that's if you're moving to a place that was professionally cleaned before you moved in.

howardgirl
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby howardgirl » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:49 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:
howardgirl wrote:I'm curious as to how old everyone is?


K-JD


Same

howardgirl
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby howardgirl » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:52 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
howardgirl wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
shntn wrote:I'm going to be eating several months of rent on my current lease no matter what, so I'm thinking mid-July to early-August, depending on where I wind up. Some places I'm already familiar with and have friends in, but if it's somewhere brand new, I'll definitely want at least a few weeks to just explore and get settled in.


I plan to move in early August no matter where I end up attending. I believe most orientations are around last week of August no? I need time to move in, go to ikea and other second hand stores / apt complex dumpster scouting. You would not believe what people throw away!!


I somehow had this idea that I would move like the day before orientation. I clearly need to rethink this. This is the first time I'm moving out so I'm kind of under-estimating the time I would need. Early August sounds good.



I would say no later than a week before, and that's if you're moving to a place that was professionally cleaned before you moved in.


Thanks for the advice, this makes sense. I also want to look around and get a feel for wherever I end up going beforehand.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:08 pm

Damn so many pages to catch up on! 1 year out of undergrad. Planning on moving in mid-August. Hoping to live with 1-3 roommates. Btw WUSTL posts a roommate finder sometime in march that you can access on the admitted students portal

User avatar
Xs20
Posts: 821
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Xs20 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:
howardgirl wrote:I'm curious as to how old everyone is?


K-JD

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby Crowing » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:14 pm

shntn wrote:
howardgirl wrote:I'm curious as to how old everyone is?

Old as shit.

User avatar
andy261
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby andy261 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Two years out of undergrad. Will also probably aim for 1-3 roomies. C'mon WUSTL, show me the money so I can start looking for housing!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dasq5511 and 8 guests