WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shifty_eyed

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby shifty_eyed » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:57 pm

I did the 5 girls 3 bedrooms thing in college. Not going to live with anyone who isn't my BFF, SO, or immediate family ever again. It's one of the reasons I can't imagine paying sticker at NYU (if I'm so "lucky"), no matter how good the job prospects are.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:58 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:I did the 5 girls 3 bedrooms thing in college. Not going to live with anyone who isn't my BFF, SO, or immediate family ever again. It's one of the reasons I can't imagine paying sticker at NYU (if I'm so "lucky"), no matter how good the job prospects are.

Oh, god, I'm having flashbacks to bronzer and hair extensions everywhere.

NEVER AGAIN

shntn

Postby shntn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:59 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:Not going to live with anyone who isn't my BFF, SO, or immediate family ever again.

This, more or less. I liked subletting with random people, though, because then there was no pretense of having to give a fuck. And living with best friends can get tricky if you're not a good fit.

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:01 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:I did the 5 girls 3 bedrooms thing in college. Not going to live with anyone who isn't my BFF, SO, or immediate family ever again. It's one of the reasons I can't imagine paying sticker at NYU (if I'm so "lucky"), no matter how good the job prospects are.

Oh, god, I'm having flashbacks to bronzer and hair extensions everywhere.

NEVER AGAIN

It was more like dirty dishes and hair clogged shower drains for me. HORK.

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:02 pm

shntn wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:Not going to live with anyone who isn't my BFF, SO, or immediate family ever again.

This, more or less. I liked subletting with random people, though, because then there was no pretense of having to give a fuck. And living with best friends can get tricky if you're not a good fit.

Oh ita. My BFF makes the cut only because we lived together all four years of college and she's my only former roommate I still even talk to.

shntn

Postby shntn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:03 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:
shntn wrote:

Oh ita. My BFF makes the cut only because we lived together all four years of college and she's my only former roommate I still even talk to.

I lived with a really good friend once, and we were barely speaking by the end of the lease. All is fine now, though, I just couldn't handle living with such a princess.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:05 pm

shntn wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:
shntn wrote:

I lived with a really good friend once, and we were barely speaking by the end of the lease. All is fine now, though, I just couldn't handle living with such a princess.

I live with my dog and some days he's a little too much :P :mrgreen:

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:30 pm

I lived with 4 friends my junior year of UG. There are so many ridiculous stories from that time - one night we threw a party and a Russian dude got so drunk that he pissed on the stairs. A random guy and girl decided to use my roommate's bed to have sex, but she was on her period so they got her blood all over his sheets. Then somebody went into my room and took a bunch of my SO's panties and hung them up in various places. This was all just one party too; there was partying going on in that house 4-5 days/week.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:34 pm

Yeah, no, I'm going to be king of my freaking castle.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:37 pm

Crowing wrote:I lived with 4 friends my junior year of UG. There are so many ridiculous stories from that time - one night we threw a party and a Russian dude got so drunk that he pissed on the stairs. A random guy and girl decided to use my roommate's bed to have sex, but she was on her period so they got her blood all over his sheets. Then somebody went into my room and took a bunch of my SO's panties and hung them up in various places. This was all just one party too; there was partying going on in that house 4-5 days/week.

Oh my.
I don't know, maybe I have the mystified fantasy of living with 3 other guys from my 1L, studying together, hosting fri night dinner parties and living the life

shntn

Postby shntn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:39 pm

JayJones78 wrote:I don't know, maybe I have the mystified fantasy of living with 3 other guys from my 1L, studying together, hosting fri night dinner parties and living the life

LOL

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:40 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
Crowing wrote:I lived with 4 friends my junior year of UG. There are so many ridiculous stories from that time - one night we threw a party and a Russian dude got so drunk that he pissed on the stairs. A random guy and girl decided to use my roommate's bed to have sex, but she was on her period so they got her blood all over his sheets. Then somebody went into my room and took a bunch of my SO's panties and hung them up in various places. This was all just one party too; there was partying going on in that house 4-5 days/week.

Oh my.
I don't know, maybe I have the mystified fantasy of living with 3 other guys from my 1L, studying together, hosting fri night dinner parties and living the life

I think, especially since you're used to living alone, that is a huge risk to run. Yeah, this scenario is possible, but in my experience unlikely with strangers. You're probably better off getting your own place near campus and then making friends with other nearby students.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:42 pm

shntn wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:I don't know, maybe I have the mystified fantasy of living with 3 other guys from my 1L, studying together, hosting fri night dinner parties and living the life

LOL

TBC on the other thread :P :oops: :wink:

shntn

Postby shntn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:42 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:I think, especially since you're used to living alone, that is a huge risk to run. Yeah, this scenario is possible, but in my experience unlikely with strangers. You're probably better off getting your own place near campus and then making friends with other nearby students.

And maybe trying the housemate thing 2L, depending on who you meet during 1L.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:44 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:

Oh my.

I think, especially since you're used to living alone, that is a huge risk to run. Yeah, this scenario is possible, but in my experience unlikely with strangers. You're probably better off getting your own place near campus and then making friends with other nearby students.

Part of why I find W&L appealing is that I can rent a 1bd/2bdr house and live alone. If I go to a rural setting I really want to find a house with a yard for my dog

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:49 pm

JayJones78 wrote:

Oh my.

You can have wine and cheese parties and sit around chatting about life while you wait for the tannins to mature.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Better idea: An Eternal, Never Off the First Page WUSTL is the Best House.

shntn

Postby shntn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:53 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh god

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:54 pm

shntn wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh god

L'Auberge Asp-agnole

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:55 pm

As an aside, the house I was referencing was named "the green house" which was a quadruple entendre (the house was green in color, everybody who lived there was an ecofreak, we grew plants in there, and we partook in the usage of a certain substance).

shntn

Postby shntn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Sup, on-topics?

WokeUpInACar

Postby WokeUpInACar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:57 pm

shntn wrote:Sup, on-topics?

This is clearly a new megathread

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:02 pm

Holy shit the Wake Forest dean just laid down his thoughts on ASD-PARENTGATE 2013 in the WF thread.
Last edited by wannabelawstudent on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:03 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Holy shit the Wake Forest dean just laid down her thoughts on ASD-PARENTGATE 2013 in the WF thread.

LINK
Last edited by alwayssunnyinfl on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:05 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Holy shit the Wake Forest dean just laid down her thoughts on ASD-PARENTGATE 2013 in the WF thread.

LINK

It's on the last page of the thread. And wow, not just a "it's okay" but in favor :shock:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”