WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wannabelawstudent

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:19 pm

LaMuSayonga wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Damn there is a lot of law school specific sites out there. Too many to keep up with. Why does everyone feel the need to make a blog? Should I make a blog?

Make a blog about all of the different law school blogs.

Nah, why limit myself to a format where 1 post a day is considered highly active when I got this.

JadeWest

Postby JadeWest » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:14 am

yahoo is a first world problem

shntn

Postby shntn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:16 am

:lol: :lol:

I saw that. LOL'd heartily.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:30 am

I wonder what the 'Rev up your metabolism' tips were....I'm trying to lose weight.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:32 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:I wonder what the 'Rev up your metabolism' tips were....I'm trying to lose weight.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=202066

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:34 am

shntn wrote::lol: :lol:

I saw that. LOL'd heartily.

+1

My favorite use of that meme was actually by a friend who goes to WUSTL for undergrad:

shntn

Postby shntn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:36 am

I should make one for my undergrad, as we're often mistaken for another, similarly named school. People get their panties in such a bunch over that.

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:37 am

Back when I was entering UG there was a big fb group called "I go to Washington University... IN ST.LOUIS" filled with much rage.

shntn

Postby shntn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:39 am

We had these douchey shirts all over the place. The only good thing to come of it was the QSA's "Not Penn Straight" parody version.

dougfunny

Postby dougfunny » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:40 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:I wonder what the 'Rev up your metabolism' tips were....I'm trying to lose weight.

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 0&t=202066

I just started doing intermittent fasting and it is the dream. As long as you can last the morning without eating you can eat virtually whatever you want. I highly recommend it to anyone trying to stay in shape.

Also, I was so confused when the yahoo page showed up in the thread. I thought my computer was glitching and my yahoo tab had somehow combined with the tls one, so I stared at the screen for like 20 seconds waiting for it to sort itself out before I realized what was going on.

Please don't judge me for that if we end up as classmates next year...

shntn

Postby shntn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:42 am

dougfunny wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

I just started doing intermittent fasting and it is the dream. As long as you can last the morning without eating you can eat virtually whatever you want. I highly recommend it to anyone trying to stay in shape.

What are the intervals for that?

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:43 am

dougfunny wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

I just started doing intermittent fasting and it is the dream. As long as you can last the morning without eating you can eat virtually whatever you want. I highly recommend it to anyone trying to stay in shape....

I really disagree with that...

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:43 am

dougfunny wrote:Also, I was so confused when the yahoo page showed up in the thread. I thought my computer was glitching and my yahoo tab had somehow combined with the tls one, so I stared at the screen for like 20 seconds waiting for it to sort itself out before I realized what was going on.

Please don't judge me for that if we end up as classmates next year...

HAHAHAHA ME TOO

dougfunny

Postby dougfunny » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:49 am

The program I am on is 8 hours of eating and 16 of not. So I eat from 12:30-8:30 every day. Two smaller meals then go to the gym then a bigger one after.

Wannabe, why the disagreement?

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:59 am

dougfunny wrote:The program I am on is 8 hours of eating and 16 of not. So I eat from 12:30-8:30 every day. Two smaller meals then go to the gym then a bigger one after.

Well, I think weight loss is different for everyone in that some programs are a better fit for who you are. I know a lot of people gain weight really fast by not eating breakfast, eating a small lunch, but then at the end of the day they end up binging. What's worked for me is eating 6 smaller meals of a few hundred calories each every 3 hours and some carb cycling when I can. But it might not be for everyone...

dougfunny

Postby dougfunny » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:09 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:
dougfunny wrote:The program I am on is 8 hours of eating and 16 of not. So I eat from 12:30-8:30 every day. Two smaller meals then go to the gym then a bigger one after.

Well, I think weight loss is different for everyone in that some programs are a better fit for who you are. I know a lot of people gain weight really fast by not eating breakfast, eating a small lunch, but then at the end of the day they end up binging. What's worked for me is eating 6 smaller meals of a few hundred calories each every 3 hours and some carb cycling when I can. But it might not be for everyone...

I agree it can be very different for two people. When I say I eat whatever I want, I should clarify that it is always within moderation. Most of my meals consist of fruit, vegetables and meat, but if I feel like eating a bunch of carbs post workout one day, I can. Sometimes I go to get a burger and fries and its ok because I am within my calories for the day and whatnot. It definitely still takes self control and is not necessarily for everyone. I just brought it up because someone mentioned a bunch of other diet fads, which I think are not necessarily the best for long term health improvement, so I thought I would toss my approach out there.

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:04 am

Do we have any ethnic cuisine connoisseurs ITT? I've decided that if I end up going to WashU, I really want to explore what STL has cuisine-wise.

shntn

Postby shntn » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:05 am

Unoriginalist wrote:Do we have any ethnic cuisine connoisseurs ITT? I've decided that if I end up going to WashU, I really want to explore what STL has cuisine-wise.

Also interested in this.

bettercallsaul91

Postby bettercallsaul91 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:07 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:Well, I think weight loss is different for everyone in that some programs are a better fit for who you are. I know a lot of people gain weight really fast by not eating breakfast, eating a small lunch, but then at the end of the day they end up binging. What's worked for me is eating 6 smaller meals of a few hundred calories each every 3 hours and some carb cycling when I can. But it might not be for everyone...

That's what I do. I get asked, "How do you eat all day and stay fit?" ... It's because I eat all day that I can stay fit.

It was easier to stay fit running 20 miles a week, but ever since I got a foot injury, it's been a lot harder, even with an intake reduction. So I got this and it's the best thing ever.

The person I bought this off on Craigslist wrote six chapters for her PhD dissertation on this. Pretty solid investment for law school I say :) I played a round of Civilization V and cycled for 3 hours easily.

Also,

Unoriginalist wrote:Do we have any ethnic cuisine connoisseurs ITT? I've decided that if I end up going to WashU, I really want to explore what STL has cuisine-wise.

Me!

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:13 am

I have a feeling we all are going to really get along.

I've had a bunch of really crazy ethnic foods this weekend, and I just have a feeling that STL is exactly the kind of place to have a bunch of awesome hole-in-the-wall restaurants.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:20 am

Unoriginalist wrote:I have a feeling we all are going to really get along.

I've had a bunch of really crazy ethnic foods this weekend, and I just have a feeling that STL is exactly the kind of place to have a bunch of awesome hole-in-the-wall restaurants.

+1

If there's no decent Indian restaurants I will be depressed. A man needs his Chicken Tikka Masala!

Also, been lurking on other threads cuz i'm bored. It breaks my heart when I see someone ITT expressing love for another school. You know who you are. Those people will be receiving PMs from me on a regular basis beginning in March.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:21 am

cusenation wrote:

+1

If there's no decent Indian restaurants I will be depressed. A man needs his Chicken Tikka Masala!

Also, been lurking on other threads cuz i'm bored. It breaks my heart when I see someone ITT expressing love for another school. You know who you are. Those people will be receiving PMs from me on a regular basis beginning in March.

dproduct, I hope you know part of the deal was that you were obliged to attend if given the OP

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:22 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
cusenation wrote:

+1

dproduct, I hope you know part of the deal was that you were obliged to attend if given the OP

+1
He already got a PM from me after I saw him in the BU thread.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:22 am

And Cornell…

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:23 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:And Cornell…

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”