WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Xs20

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016 - Best in the midwest, apply or die!

Postby Xs20 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:58 am

Motion to oust dproduct.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:02 am

So, any votes for decisions before the end of the week? It's mid February!!

andy261

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby andy261 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:04 am

danielr wrote:
Xs20 wrote:That is so not professional. HALO EFFECT

Seriously, I'm just telling you guys so you know once you begin big-boy school: People judge you, ok? They judge you. Like, when I see some kid with acne or dirty clothes, I think "immature...ugly...homeless--ew!" Wake up, you're professionals! I mean, look up the Butterfly Effect if you don't believe me. This is real and observed.

:roll: Calm down, guys. I made this design for fun in response to dproduct's comment.

In any case, no one's asking you to wear this to work or a professional environment. Would I wear this to my job at a law firm? No. Would I wear it at home or at the beach? Probably. Anecdotal, but people wore similar tanks all the time at my UG and yet it's still considered a top school. You guys are overthinking or I'm just spoiled by the West Coast...

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:11 am

andy261 wrote:
danielr wrote:

Seriously, I'm just telling you guys so you know once you begin big-boy school: People judge you, ok? They judge you. Like, when I see some kid with acne or dirty clothes, I think "immature...ugly...homeless--ew!" Wake up, you're professionals! I mean, look up the Butterfly Effect if you don't believe me. This is real and observed.

:roll: Calm down, guys. I made this design for fun in response to dproduct's comment.

In any case, no one's asking you to wear this to work or a professional environment. Would I wear this to my job at a law firm? No. Would I wear it at home or at the beach? Probably. Anecdotal, but people wore similar tanks all the time at my UG and yet it's still considered a top school. You guys are overthinking or I'm just spoiled by the West Coast...

Notsureifsrs.gif

dproduct

Re: Eternal, Never Off the First Page, WUSTL is the Best Thread.

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:13 am

I'd rock that tank at the gym with pride bro.

andy261

Postby andy261 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:16 am

Xs20 wrote:
andy261 wrote:
danielr wrote:

Notsureifsrs.gif

+1

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:23 am

i'm slow
Last edited by dproduct on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:24 am

I still love you dproduct.

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:24 am

IS EVERYONE MISSING THE JOKE OR AM I BEING TROLLED

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:26 am

Crowing wrote:I still love you dproduct.

ty Crow

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:29 am

DEPRODUCT IS A TYRANT! BRING BACK THE BENEVOLENT MAGGYLOU!

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:30 am

This thread title is confusing. Stop WUSTLing over my top 5 consensus Lounge thread.

andy261

Postby andy261 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:32 am

Xs20 wrote:IS EVERYONE MISSING THE JOKE OR AM I BEING TROLLED

I think I may have trolled myself? I don't know what's going on anymore. :?

danielr

Postby danielr » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:32 am

Was wondering the same thing...

Maybe some people missed the epic "halo effect" discussion/beat down.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:34 am

Ive been pretty busy today? Anyone mid summing up what's go on today?

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:43 am

JayJones78 wrote:So, any votes for decisions before the end of the week? It's mid February!!

I think they may be issuing scholarships first... but according to LSN graphs, there is a steady trickle of admissions from February onward.

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:44 am

Uh-oh, somebody's jimmies are WUSTL'd.

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:44 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:Ive been pretty busy today? Anyone mid summing up what's go on today?

dproduct took over the thread and established a dictatorship. Ultimately he was forced to bow to popular opinion. I never doubted him for a second.

The end.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:45 am

danielr wrote:

Finally understand all of this. LOL to that whole ordeal.

andy261

Postby andy261 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:46 am

dproduct wrote:
danielr wrote:

Finally understand all of this. LOL to that whole ordeal.

Someone please explain

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:55 am

andy261 wrote:Someone please explain

teiswei wrote:Personal opinion: bringing your parents to something like this is a bit adolescent. If I attended and saw someone with their parents, my first thought would be that they aren't ready to be an adult.

teiswei wrote:Have you guys ever worked in a professional environment? And can you really be yourself around your parents? Most people censor themselves with their parents and that will most definitely interfere with ASD

teiswei wrote:You can be yourself and professional. You absolutely cannot be in a professional environment with a parent and you can argue that with me when you work at a law firm or any other professional firm. You aren't going to school to work at Burger King, you are going to become a professional.

teiswei wrote:Ok there is clearly an age?/experience gap here. I've worked full time and been financially independent since the age of 16. First, no 40 year old professional bring their parent to the office nor would their 75 year old parent ask to. Second, a significant other lives with you. They will move across the country to live in an entirely new location to be together. They absolutely, 100% need to be part of the decision. Parents won't be there to hold your hand during school, your SO will, let go. Brest feeding should end at the age of one.

teiswei wrote:Had an entire response and my phone died. Essentially, your SO is moving with you, parents are not. Google the halo effect. This is absolutely observed and true. You will be with these students with at least 3 years and will work with them beyond that. 30 years or more.

tl;dr teiswei got all crazy about parents going with students to ASD and the thread got a little crazy

andy261

Postby andy261 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:58 am

dproduct wrote:
andy261 wrote:Someone please explain

teiswei wrote:Personal opinion: bringing your parents to something like this is a bit adolescent. If I attended and saw someone with their parents, my first thought would be that they aren't ready to be an adult.

teiswei wrote:Have you guys ever worked in a professional environment? And can you really be yourself around your parents? Most people censor themselves with their parents and that will most definitely interfere with ASD

teiswei wrote:You can be yourself and professional. You absolutely cannot be in a professional environment with a parent and you can argue that with me when you work at a law firm or any other professional firm. You aren't going to school to work at Burger King, you are going to become a professional.

teiswei wrote:Ok there is clearly an age?/experience gap here. I've worked full time and been financially independent since the age of 16. First, no 40 year old professional bring their parent to the office nor would their 75 year old parent ask to. Second, a significant other lives with you. They will move across the country to live in an entirely new location to be together. They absolutely, 100% need to be part of the decision. Parents won't be there to hold your hand during school, your SO will, let go. Brest feeding should end at the age of one.

teiswei wrote:Had an entire response and my phone died. Essentially, your SO is moving with you, parents are not. Google the halo effect. This is absolutely observed and true. You will be with these students with at least 3 years and will work with them beyond that. 30 years or more.

tl;dr teiswei got all crazy about parents going with students to ASD and the thread got a little crazy

THANK YOU. I was on a plane when that debacle happened. Everything makes sense now.

danielr

Postby danielr » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:20 am

The whole thing makes for a good, humorous read in retrospect. You should go back and check it out. It won't disappoint!

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:27 am

danielr wrote:The whole thing makes for a good, humorous read in retrospect. You should go back and check it out. It won't disappoint!

I lol'd quite a bit.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:57 am

andy261 wrote:THANK YOU. I was on a plane when that debacle happened. Everything makes sense now.

LOL :D

Happy Valentines Day to all. Here's hoping we all get to put dat "Scholar in Law" line in our resume's
Last edited by DoveBodyWash on Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”