WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WokeUpInACar

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby WokeUpInACar » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:54 pm

shntn wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:
shntn wrote:
cusenation wrote:Sorry about the ding, but you dodged a bullet. GULC is YP-ing via scholly like a bitch right now. I'm very tempted to rage-withdraw.

Yeah, I saw that. I'm glad I withdrew earlier.

Cliffs?

Huh? I withdrew from GULC back in December.

I meant for the "YP-ing via scholly like a bitch"

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:58 pm

shntn wrote:I hereby nominate dproduct. Dproduct, link to meggylou's post in the (frontseat) mod thread and ask to be replaced as OP. If they give you any trouble, tell them shntn approved it.

Oh shit... Looks like I need to be gathering data and pics.

Dmini7

Postby Dmini7 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:00 pm

complete 1/28 2/7 and 2/13.

O_O maybe I will get a decision soon? :lol:

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Dmini7 wrote:complete 1/28 2/7 and 2/13.

O_O maybe I will get a decision soon? :lol:

Hopefully :D

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Not that I think this will happen, buuut...

The thought did cross my mind that this thread will get very depressing if schollies are low-balled this year. It seems remarkable to me that WashU is able to outdo other peer schools with scholarships year after year...

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:13 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:Not that I think this will happen, buuut...

The thought did cross my mind that this thread will get very depressing if schollies are low-balled this year. It seems remarkable to me that WashU is able to outdo other peer schools with scholarships year after year...

WUSTL has lots of money and isn't afraid to use it. I can't imagine they will offer less this cycle than in previous years. I would guess they will offer even more money to marginal candidates this year.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:14 pm

shifty_eyed wrote:

WUSTL has lots of money and isn't afraid to use it. I can't imagine they will offer less this cycle than in previous years. I would guess they will offer even more money to marginal candidates this year.

Hopefully this :D

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:16 pm

dproduct wrote:
shifty_eyed wrote:

Hopefully this :D

I'm pretty sure lower overhead costs compared to peer schools gives WUSTL more breathing room as far as spending. Just imagine how much cheaper it is to buy/renovate/maintain facilities in St. Louis as opposed to NYC/Chicago/Boston/D.C. Same with faculty salaries...They're probably high in an absolute sense but relatively lower than those at peer schools since salaries tend to mirror the living costs of the area.

Anyway..this seems like a good year for WUSTL to capitalize on growing applicant concern regarding debt and unemployment. If it plays its cards right it could make a long-term investment in its ranking, assuming that it's willing to take a slight hit to its revenue stream for our class

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:20 pm

Officially requested to be the OP.

If they change it, I'll have an updated OP by the end of the day. Aside from the normal deadlines, LSN graph, pictures and information links... anything else people feel strongly about appearing in the OP?

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:22 pm

dproduct wrote:Officially requested to be the OP.

If they change it, I'll have an updated OP by the end of the day. Aside from the normal deadlines, LSN graph, pictures and information links... anything else people feel strongly about appearing in the OP?

Drinking contest?

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:23 pm

It's already updated! Get to work!

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:23 pm

It is DONE. OP under construction as we speak.

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:23 pm

+1 to what shifty said. WUSTL has bookoo cash and isn't known for lowballing offers. I think they're going to be aggressive about protecting their medians this year after dropping last year; especially after what Clifford said to me re: my scholarship offer at ASD (my numbers are right at/slightly above their medians). They know they have to change it up if they want to get back in the T20, and they're already putting new programs into place like interviews and whatnot. It seems to me like they're more likely to be more generous this year rather than less.

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:25 pm

Xs20 wrote:

+1 to what shifty said. WUSTL has bookoo cash and isn't known for lowballing offers. I think they're going to be aggressive about protecting their medians this year after dropping last year; especially after what Clifford said to me re: my scholarship offer at ASD (my numbers are right at/slightly above their medians). They know they have to change it up if they want to get back in the T20, and they're already putting new programs into place like interviews and whatnot. It seems to me like they're more likely to be more generous this year rather than less.

Not that it tangibly matters, but I do expect WUSTL to climb a few spots in USNWR this year now that the playing field is supposedly leveled as far as employment reporting goes.

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:25 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

Drinking contest?

Go on...

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:27 pm

Pictures of AB Hall. Many, many pictures of AB Hall.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:28 pm

Xs20 wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

Drinking contest?

Go on...

Randomnumbers

Postby Randomnumbers » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:54 pm

This is a bit out of date, but I can assure you that WUSTL hasn't gotten any worse about fund raising in the past 10 years or so. http://leiterlawschool.typepad.com/leit ... _scho.html Definitely not a school that is hurting for money.

shntn

Postby shntn » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:55 pm

dproduct wrote:It is DONE. OP under construction as we speak.

8) 8)

Jaqen

Postby Jaqen » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:06 pm

This thread moves fast.

I appreciated the AoE 2 references twenty pages ago btw.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:15 pm

OP phase 1 complete. Right now i'm going through the thread and going to compile an interview guide with updates from posters :D

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU THINK THE OP IS MISSING ANYTHING. I will be more than happy to alter/update it!

bananasplit19

Postby bananasplit19 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:18 pm

dproduct wrote:OP phase 1 complete. Right now i'm going through the thread and going to compile an interview guide with updates from posters :D

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU THINK THE OP IS MISSING ANYTHING. I will be more than happy to alter/update it!

andy261

Postby andy261 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:19 pm

bananasplit19 wrote:
dproduct wrote:OP phase 1 complete. Right now i'm going through the thread and going to compile an interview guide with updates from posters :D

+1 This thread is on its A-game.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:30 pm

I know that, as a Floridian, I have no idea what it's like to actually live in snow, but MY GOD the campus looks beautiful when it snows.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:35 pm

The Tyrant meggylou has been overthrown! LONG LIVE DPRODUCT

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”