WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
alwayssunnyinfl

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:45 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
JXander wrote:For those who haven't been admitted yet and who may have really low numbers (Or not. I just say this because I'm a splitter), really consider interviewing. I did and thought I didn't do well. They didn't give me a decision immediately after the interview, but I have a feeling it might have helped my application.

You see, from what I have been hearing, all Admissions peeps have is a big stack of folders through which they daily peruse. A ding here, an admit there. They won't diligently pull your file unless 1) the eventually get to you (which may be faster if you have awesome numbers) or 2) you motivate them to.

I interviewed with Krystal Orr (sorry if I misspelled!) and felt I did well. Didnt get a decision over the phone but my checker did change the next day. The interview was shorter than I had expected/hoped for though.

I interviewed with her, too. I think she doesn't give decisions over the phone (don't know why, but that seems to be the pattern so far.) My status checker also changed the same day. I freaked out, seeing everyone else getting offers over the phone, but got the acceptance letter in the mail a few weeks later.

nolongermissing

Postby nolongermissing » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:47 pm

JXander wrote:For those who haven't been admitted yet and who may have really low numbers (Or not. I just say this because I'm a splitter), really consider interviewing. I did and thought I didn't do well. They didn't give me a decision immediately after the interview, but I have a feeling it might have helped my application.

You see, from what I have been hearing, all Admissions peeps have is a big stack of folders through which they daily peruse. A ding here, an admit there. They won't diligently pull your file unless 1) the eventually get to you (which may be faster if you have awesome numbers) or 2) you motivate them to.

How do you request an interview? I have not received an email from the admissions about it.

dougfunny

Postby dougfunny » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:49 pm

nolongermissing wrote:

How do you request an interview? I have not received an email from the admissions about it.

Here: http://law.wustl.edu/admissions/pages.aspx?id=9556

I just called and left a message and they called me back a few days later to schedule.

Edit: I also never received an email from them about it. I just called hoping it would help my chances.
Last edited by dougfunny on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:49 pm

nolongermissing wrote:

Just call and ask for one and they'll schedule it. They are really nice

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:50 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:

I interviewed with Krystal Orr (sorry if I misspelled!) and felt I did well. Didnt get a decision over the phone but my checker did change the next day. The interview was shorter than I had expected/hoped for though.

I interviewed with her, too. I think she doesn't give decisions over the phone (don't know why, but that seems to be the pattern so far.) My status checker also changed the same day. I freaked out, seeing everyone else getting offers over the phone, but got the acceptance letter in the mail a few weeks later.

Awwww you're just like me!!!!(minus the acceptance letter so far)

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:51 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:

With my numbers I would be in utter shock if she did.
I don't know if the interview is what's going to make or break me, but it's a nice add on to the app

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:52 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Awwww you're just like me!!!!(minus the acceptance letter so far)

You interviewed with Orr? She's incredibly nice, both in person and over the phone. Seriously, out of all the contacts at all of the admissions offices I've dealt with, she was by far the best.

JXander

Postby JXander » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:53 pm

nolongermissing wrote:

Also never got an email request. I called to schedule one. DO IT.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:53 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
wannabelawstudent wrote:Awwww you're just like me!!!!(minus the acceptance letter so far)

You interviewed with Orr? She's incredibly nice, both in person and over the phone. Seriously, out of all the contacts at all of the admissions offices I've dealt with, she was by far the best.

Yeah....she was! And my date changed to that day (which is why I think I date didn't update today). Haven't met her in person tho.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:54 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

Yeah....she was! And my date changed to that day (which is why I think I date didn't update today). Haven't met her in person tho.

I actually met her last year in a law fair and she remembered me!!

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:02 am

I'm trolling you all! I am really calm and zenlike in real life. This is all an act.....(or at least I tell myself that)

jmh14

Postby jmh14 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:12 am

Just got accepted today! The more I learn about the school the more I'm lovin' it! Almost positive this is where I'll be attending this fall!!

shntn

Postby shntn » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:13 am

jmh14 wrote:Just got accepted today! The more I learn about the school the more I'm lovin' it! Almost positive this is where I'll be attending this fall!!

'Grats!

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:16 am

jmh14 wrote:Just got accepted today! The more I learn about the school the more I'm lovin' it! Almost positive this is where I'll be attending this fall!!

Congrats! Was it over email or snail mail?

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:17 am

Congrats!!!!!

Ok I think I'm just gonna take a break from this thread.

jmh14

Postby jmh14 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:20 am

Thanks guys! This thread is definitely making this decision easier too, you guys all seem awesome. And JayJones, it was by e-mail.

shntn

Postby shntn » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:22 am

jmh14 wrote:Thanks guys! This thread is definitely making this decision easier too, you guys all seem awesome. And JayJones, it was by e-mail.

I heard the "decisions via e-mail" part of the status checker header is back.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:22 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:Congrats!!!!!

I tried that when I was waiting for my NU decision. No success

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:23 am

shntn wrote:
jmh14 wrote:Thanks guys! This thread is definitely making this decision easier too, you guys all seem awesome. And JayJones, it was by e-mail.

I heard the "decisions via e-mail" part of the status checker header is back.

Not for me :cry:

Your application is complete. Over time, you may notice that the current status date will change even though your current status does not. These changes are not associated with the Committee’s decision. it is the Admissions Office policy not to post final decisions on the status check page. Decisions will be emailed to each individual applicant.

shntn

Postby shntn » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:25 am

That last line is what I meant.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:30 am

shntn wrote:That last line is what I meant.

Oh :oops:

I thought you meant that the decision will be visible on the status checker

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:37 am

'Grats jmh14!

wannabelawstudent wrote:Congrats!!!!!

I may have missed this earlier on in the thread, but why the hardcore WashU love, out of curiosity?

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:55 am

new hoodie design inspired by jmh14:

Last edited by Xs20 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:57 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:58 am

Xs20 wrote:
(i'm drunk)

Bro it's a Tuesday...LOL

But yes to the hoodie design. Forget the university and its rules, lets black market these mutha fruckas. That has cut-sleeves-off-and-make-my-gym-shirt written all over it
Last edited by DoveBodyWash on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”