WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
timeandspace11

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby timeandspace11 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:37 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
timeandspace11 wrote:For all of you with interviews scheduled in the future remember St. Louis goes by central time. I live in Florida and scheduled an appointment for 1, but was not contacted until 2 because of the time zone difference. I would have been panicking if I someone ITT had pointed that out a few days earlier.

I hope you didn't lead with "Oh! St. Louis is in Central time?"

haha. No luckily I didnt do that.

meggylou

Postby meggylou » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:56 pm

Got my official acceptance letter in the mail today! I got in without needing to interview. Also, everyone who has gotten their letter already, does everyone's include that you are being considered for the scholars in the law scholarships?

Dasani7

Postby Dasani7 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:08 pm

It seems like most people have had an interview with Mary Ann Clifford. Has anyone spoken with Krystal Orr yet?

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:14 pm

meggylou wrote:Got my official acceptance letter in the mail today! I got in without needing to interview. Also, everyone who has gotten their letter already, does everyone's include that you are being considered for the scholars in the law scholarships?

Scholars in Law is just their official term for their merit scholarships. Even admits whose letters don't mention it are considered for it =).

For example my letter last year didn't mention it but i got a SIL award for 60K
Last edited by DoveBodyWash on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

orbbs

Postby orbbs » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:16 pm

Dasani7 wrote:It seems like most people have had an interview with Mary Ann Clifford. Has anyone spoken with Krystal Orr yet?

Yup. It is a very similar experience to those described above. She is very nice and helpful!

Circlewave

Postby Circlewave » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:44 pm

sounds like interviews are for likely candidates...are they also used as tiebreakers for borderline applicants?

JXander

Postby JXander » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:06 pm

I had my interview today. It was just as friendly and comfortable as everyone has been saying. I was not offered admission, however. I suspect I will be wait-listed due to my low score, though I was complimented for my high GPA and personal statement.

Congratulations to all admits!

danielr

Postby danielr » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:08 pm

meggylou wrote:Got my official acceptance letter in the mail today! I got in without needing to interview. Also, everyone who has gotten their letter already, does everyone's include that you are being considered for the scholars in the law scholarships?

Settle down, Meggy.

As someone has already said, yes, everyone is considered for merit scholarships. And I don't think the issue is that the rest of us needed to interview, but rather that the people at WUSTL wanted to interview us. From what most people have been reporting, the "interview" is more of a conversation and for some a means of being notified of acceptance, before the letters come in the mail. Looking at it that way, it's an advantage to speak one-on-one with someone in the Admissions office. When they consider candidates for Scholar in Law (not Scholars in the Law) awards, they will probably remember those they actually had contact with over those they didn't.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:17 pm

danielr wrote:

Settle down, Meggy.

As someone has already said, yes, everyone is considered for merit scholarships. And I don't think the issue is that the rest of us needed to interview, but rather that the people at WUSTL wanted to interview us. From what most people have been reporting, the "interview" is more of a conversation and for some a means of being notified of acceptance, before the letters come in the mail. Looking at it that way, it's an advantage to speak one-on-one with someone in the Admissions office. When they consider candidates for Scholar in Law (not Scholars in the Law) awards, they will probably remember those they actually had contact with over those they didn't.

She didn't interview because she has contacts in the admissions office. But thanks for getting defensive about it.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:24 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
danielr wrote:

Settle down, Meggy.

She didn't interview because she has contacts in the admissions office. But thanks for getting defensive about it.

+1

danielr

Postby danielr » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:25 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
danielr wrote:

Settle down, Meggy.

You're....welcome, I guess?

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:29 pm

danielr wrote:

Settle down, Meggy.

lol the important thing is that both of you were admitted and will receive generous scholarships (that I'm sure are well-deserved). Congrats to you both =)

danielr

Postby danielr » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:36 pm

cusenation wrote:
danielr wrote:

Settle down, Meggy.

lol the important thing is that both of you were admitted and will receive generous scholarships (that I'm sure are well-deserved). Congrats to you both =)

And you as well. You interviewed and were offered admission, correct?

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:41 pm

danielr wrote:
cusenation wrote:
danielr wrote:

Settle down, Meggy.

And you as well. You interviewed and were offered admission, correct?

Thanks! and yeah my interview was really more of a catch-up conversation with Dean Clifford...I was admitted last year and had a one-on-one ASD with her because I couldn't make it to the official one. So I specifically requested Dean Clifford when i scheduled my interview..Of course I didn't know she would offer me admission during the interview, i was actually nervous that they would waitlist me for YP reasons (since I withdrew my deposit last minute last year)

danielr

Postby danielr » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:54 pm

And you as well. You interviewed and were offered admission, correct?[/quote]

Thanks! and yeah my interview was really more of a catch-up conversation with Dean Clifford...I was admitted last year and had a one-on-one ASD with her because I couldn't make it to the official one. So I specifically requested Dean Clifford when i scheduled my interview..Of course I didn't know she would offer me admission during the interview, i was actually nervous that they would waitlist me for YP reasons (since I withdrew my deposit last minute last year)[/quote]

That's good, I'm glad it worked out. Dean Clifford seems really great.

Circlewave

Postby Circlewave » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:42 pm

Dasani7 wrote:It seems like most people have had an interview with Mary Ann Clifford. Has anyone spoken with Krystal Orr yet?

I will be next week. I wasn't selected for an interview, but I requested one. There's one or two things on my transcript and such that I wasn't really sure deserved an entire addendum, so I'm hoping to be able to chat a bit about them.

Jaqen

Postby Jaqen » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:50 pm

In via interview. Nothing much to add to what has already been said. It was very pleasant. :)

Granfalloon12

Postby Granfalloon12 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:53 pm

Finished my interview and was offered admission! Mary Ann Clifford was very nice to speak to, though I felt like she was a bit busy (she called 5 minutes late and we didn't talk as long as some others noted) but that's totally understandable. Definitely an attractive option for me if I can somehow get some scholly monies :)

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:08 pm

In as well

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:54 pm

I have nothing new to report other than Mary is a sweetheart and made me very excited about WUSTL. It was a great conversation, and after todays Cornell deferment, I feel a lot better.

10 points for WUSTL.

anteater1

Postby anteater1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:01 pm

dproduct wrote:I have nothing new to report other than Mary is a sweetheart and made me very excited about WUSTL. It was a great conversation, and after todays Cornell deferment, I feel a lot better.

10 points for WUSTL.

What's the deferment all about?

Paraflam

Postby Paraflam » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:04 pm

TheThriller wrote:In as well

To the joint program?

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:13 pm

anteater1 wrote:
dproduct wrote:I have nothing new to report other than Mary is a sweetheart and made me very excited about WUSTL. It was a great conversation, and after todays Cornell deferment, I feel a lot better.

10 points for WUSTL.

Cornell basically not outright rejecting me until they find enough people with solid stat-lines to fill the class :/

Presidentjlh

Postby Presidentjlh » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:14 pm

dproduct wrote:
anteater1 wrote:

10 points for WUSTL.

Cornell basically not outright rejecting me until they find enough people with solid stat-lines to fill the class :/

Quick, start intercepting the applications of anyone with those scores they want! :lol:

anteater1

Postby anteater1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:30 pm

dproduct wrote:
anteater1 wrote:

10 points for WUSTL.

At least it's better than an outright rejection if that's any consolation..

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”