WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby JayJones78 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:28 pm

goldeneye wrote:Just an fyi, I was admitted last year in April after applying right after getting my October score back. Was never on waitlist, never contacted. Just all the sudden, got an acceptance. Patience prevails people.


Wow, like my mom says: patience is virtue

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby shntn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:33 pm

PoolToSchool wrote:First time poster who has been following along in forums for a little while and wanted to post my stats for you guys:
I just got the admit email about an hour ago, submitted 1/17, complete 2/7 (pretty shocked by the quick turn around!)

Complete for the first time on 2/7? :shock:

PoolToSchool
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby PoolToSchool » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:36 pm

I know! I had to go back to check my notes, but yeah complete 1st time yesterday... I feel like I owe an apology to those who have been waiting!

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby shntn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:36 pm

PoolToSchool wrote:I know! I had to go back to check my notes, but yeah complete 1st time yesterday... I feel like I owe an apology to those who have been waiting!

Nah, the WUSTL crowd will just be happy for you. Congrats! Do you have a ballpark on your numbers that you'd like to share with the class?

PoolToSchool
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:21 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby PoolToSchool » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:38 pm

shntn wrote:
PoolToSchool wrote:I know! I had to go back to check my notes, but yeah complete 1st time yesterday... I feel like I owe an apology to those who have been waiting!

Nah, the WUSTL crowd will just be happy for you. Congrats! Do you have a ballpark on your numbers that you'd like to share with the class?


Well thank you for that!! They're in my profile, but 168/3.5

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby shntn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:39 pm

PoolToSchool wrote:
shntn wrote:
PoolToSchool wrote:I know! I had to go back to check my notes, but yeah complete 1st time yesterday... I feel like I owe an apology to those who have been waiting!

Nah, the WUSTL crowd will just be happy for you. Congrats! Do you have a ballpark on your numbers that you'd like to share with the class?


Well thank you for that!! They're in my profile, but 168/3.5

I don't read so good. :oops:

Congrats again! And it was an e-mail notification, folks, so it seems everything's on the table at this point.

User avatar
JXander
Posts: 960
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:23 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby JXander » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:47 pm

JayJones78 wrote:Congrats eveyone who got accepted today!!!

Was wondering if there are some URM with #s below the 25th who got in today?

That'd be me. My LSAT is below, like, every median. PM me if you want more specifics (unless LSN is back up).

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby shntn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:49 pm

JXander wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:Congrats eveyone who got accepted today!!!

Was wondering if there are some URM with #s below the 25th who got in today?

That'd be me. My LSAT is below, like, every median. PM me if you want more specifics (unless LSN is back up).

LOLSN has just straight up died at this point.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby dproduct » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:51 pm

shntn wrote:
JXander wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:Congrats eveyone who got accepted today!!!

Was wondering if there are some URM with #s below the 25th who got in today?

That'd be me. My LSAT is below, like, every median. PM me if you want more specifics (unless LSN is back up).

LOLSN has just straight up died at this point.


On my day off too. WTF.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:01 pm

I think I just died

--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby DoveBodyWash » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:02 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:I think I just died

--LinkRemoved--


omfg dibs

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby JayJones78 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:03 pm

cusenation wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:I think I just died

--LinkRemoved--


omfg dibs

+1
I pay that much for a 1 bdr in seattle and that's on an spcial rent control type program. The list price of my place and all it's 575sqf is close to 2K

User avatar
Birdnals
Posts: 4576
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby Birdnals » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:03 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:I think I just died

--LinkRemoved--



Prob don't want to live that far north of Delmar. Neighborhoods can get pretty dicey up there.

User avatar
DoveBodyWash
Posts: 3087
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby DoveBodyWash » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Birdnals wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:I think I just died

--LinkRemoved--



Prob don't want to live that far north of Delmar. Neighborhoods can get pretty dicey up there.


..dibs rescinded

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby JayJones78 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:04 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
cusenation wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:I think I just died

--LinkRemoved--


omfg dibs

+1
I pay that much for a 1 bdr in seattle and that's on an spcial rent control type program. The list price of my place and all it's 575sqf is close to 2K


Wait, no dogs?? No thanks

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:06 pm

Birdnals wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:I think I just died

--LinkRemoved--



Prob don't want to live that far north of Delmar. Neighborhoods can get pretty dicey up there.

Still. I used to split a 1-bedroom with a meth head in Little Havana and our rent was $1000/month.

User avatar
teiswei
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby teiswei » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:07 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
cusenation wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:I think I just died

--LinkRemoved--


omfg dibs

+1
I pay that much for a 1 bdr in seattle and that's on an spcial rent control type program. The list price of my place and all it's 575sqf is close to 2K


Wait, no dogs?? No thanks

I don't want to come off as a snob... But this is nice? Granted, it's a great price for the amount of space but the finishes are gawd awful.

User avatar
Birdnals
Posts: 4576
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby Birdnals » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:09 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Birdnals wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:I think I just died

--LinkRemoved--



Prob don't want to live that far north of Delmar. Neighborhoods can get pretty dicey up there.

Still. I used to split a 1-bedroom with a meth head in Little Havana and our rent was $1000/month.


Oh, yeah, I pay $1,500 for over 3,000 square foot 3 BR 3 bath in Tower Grove. Rent here is amazing (PS, tower grove is an underutilized area I love living in, but most 1L's live in CWE, which is nice for pre-games and such)

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby JCougar » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:10 pm

Birdnals wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:I think I just died

--LinkRemoved--



Prob don't want to live that far north of Delmar. Neighborhoods can get pretty dicey up there.


That looks like it's far enough west where it might actually be a good neighborhood. North of Delmar gets very bad very fast for the most part...until you hit Skinker. West of Skinker, UCity tends to gradually merge into the Clayton neighborhoods. I'd go check that out.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby shntn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:10 pm

teiswei wrote:But this is nice? Granted, it's a great price for the amount of space but the finishes are gawd awful.

It set my loins atingle.

Except for the lack of proximity to the metro line.
Last edited by shntn on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JayJones78
Posts: 2025
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby JayJones78 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:12 pm

teiswei wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:
cusenation wrote:
--LinkRemoved--


omfg dibs

+1
I pay that much for a 1 bdr in seattle and that's on an spcial rent control type program. The list price of my place and all it's 575sqf is close to 2K


Wait, no dogs?? No thanks

I don't want to come off as a snob... But this is nice? Granted, it's a great price for the amount of space but the finishes are gawd awful.[/quote]


Didnt check it out too much in depth but regardless STL will be much cheaper in every way.
But hey, just try and look now far a grand will get you in Lexington... :shock:

User avatar
soccerfreak
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:57 am

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby soccerfreak » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:12 pm

Birdnals wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:I think I just died

--LinkRemoved--



Prob don't want to live that far north of Delmar. Neighborhoods can get pretty dicey up there.

That area might be fine though. I'm not familiar with Dartmouth, but I do know that at Midland and Delmar there are some REALLY nice houses. In my experience the area between Delmar and Olive is really nice, west of the Loop.
Last edited by soccerfreak on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
alwayssunnyinfl
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:34 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Comparable place in Miami as far as location. (LinkRemoved)

Now you see why I think it's nice.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby shntn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:14 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Comparable place in Miami as far as location. (LinkRemoved)

Now you see why I think it's nice.

Still cheap

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby dproduct » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Wait.. $995 / 3br - 1600ft²... like... for the whole thing?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], carasrook, dsberkeley, Giro423, Hopefullawkid2015, Long shot hero, mintchocolatechip, nerdylsat, proteinshake, Sawtooth and 28 guests