WUSTL c/o 2016 Applicants (2012-2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DoveBodyWash

Re: WUSTL c/o 2016

Postby DoveBodyWash » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:36 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
cusenation wrote:
bananasplit19 wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:You people should really wear big "TLS" signs so I can identify you in the halls.

We'll be the ones in the custom-made non-ugly WUSTL Law apparel. :twisted:

Do you know how long it frkn took me to find out what the official "WUSTL" font was :x

Well?

It's Minion Pro (or just minion I forget). Had to download it

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:41 pm

romothesavior wrote:And lukertin, I don't think he's saying IP makes a job guaranteed, I think he's saying that if you're in the top 1/4-1/3 range, biglaw is a huge crapshoot unless you have an IP background. IP certainly helps when you would otherwise be on the cusp without it.

I know IP people who I am pretty sure are around median with good jobs lined up, so even below the top third you may have good options.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:51 pm

Why is law school numbers down? How am I suppose to track law school applications? What if decisions are getting released that I don't know about?

shntn

Postby shntn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:53 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Why is law school numbers down? How am I suppose to track law school applications? What if decisions are getting released that I don't know about?

They "updated" the site, making it stupid slow or (more likely) completely unresponsive.

teiswei

Postby teiswei » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:53 pm

wannabelawstudent wrote:Why is law school numbers down? How am I suppose to track law school applications? What if decisions are getting released that I don't know about?

I think they are finally upgrading.

shntn

Postby shntn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:12 pm

teiswei wrote:

Yeah their new home page is really sweet.

teiswei

Postby teiswei » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:14 pm

shntn wrote:
teiswei wrote:

Yeah their new home page is really sweet.

Ha! Have you guys not seen them talk about upgrading since like October?

ETA: granted, they didn't say they would be taking it down but a switch to a new server/database/etc doesn't happen in a span of seconds. A lot of these things take server all hour if not days to complete. Coming from a former programmer and current PM to you, I think it'll be up Monday morning. Just speculation.
Last edited by teiswei on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shntn

Postby shntn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:15 pm

teiswei wrote:Ha! Have you guys not seen them talk about upgrading since like October?

Yeah, but then the upgrade happened and it sucks. I do like how they updated the school profiles (looks like they've imported a lot of stats from LST), but aside from that, it doesn't seem as user friendly. That and it only worked for like 5 minutes this morning.

soccerfreak

Postby soccerfreak » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:At the risk of outing myself, touring the campus/area/law school today and I've never stepped foot on a more beautiful campus. Just being here has me so jazzed up - this place is amazing.

Just thought I'd share for those of you who haven't had a chance to visit yet. And for those of you still waiting to hear back, the wait will be worth it once you have the acceptance in your hands!

/endspiel

Make yourself known at happy hour...and if you aren't going, change your plans and go.

talesofyore

Postby talesofyore » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Does anyone know how many updates a file has before a decision is rendered? I'm up to two completes.

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:18 pm

talesofyore wrote:Does anyone know how many updates a file has before a decision is rendered? I'm up to two completes.

I had 3, fwiw.

DoveBodyWash

Postby DoveBodyWash » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:21 pm

dproduct wrote:
talesofyore wrote:Does anyone know how many updates a file has before a decision is rendered? I'm up to two completes.

I had 3, fwiw.

I'm not sure if the number of updates is an accurate indicator..I think anytime your file is looked at or updated the system just automatically updates the date. But FWIW I didn't have any updates before my decision.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:24 pm

cusenation wrote:
dproduct wrote:

I had 3, fwiw.

I'm not sure if the number of updates is an accurate indicator..I think anytime your file is looked at or updated the system just automatically updates the date. But FWIW I didn't have any updates before my decision.

Same

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:25 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
cusenation wrote:
dproduct wrote:

I had 3, fwiw.

Same

Who said decisions will be out today? I think I'v given up until first week of March

shntn

Postby shntn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:28 pm

JayJones78 wrote:Who said decisions will be out today? I think I'v given up until first week of March

Other than "today's the day, I can feel it," I don't think anyone said they were coming out today.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:36 pm

shntn wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:Who said decisions will be out today? I think I'v given up until first week of March

Other than "today's the day, I can feel it," I don't think anyone said they were coming out today.

That was enough for me to get my hopes night :oops:

Princess Consuela

Postby Princess Consuela » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:39 pm

I don't know if this has been talked about already, but does anyone know how long scholarship decisions take after you get the mail saying they're considering you? Also, I'm taking the LSAT again tomorrow so do you think they'll wait for that score before they offer anything?

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:41 pm

Princess Consuela wrote:I don't know if this has been talked about already, but does anyone know how long scholarship decisions take after you get the mail saying they're considering you? Also, I'm taking the LSAT again tomorrow so do you think they'll wait for that score before they offer anything?

Have you already been accepted?

Unofficially, the school has hinted at the end of February for the first batch of scholarship decisions. If you retake and do significantly better, I don't see why you couldn't ask for more money. However, if you're already accepted, I highly doubt they're going to hold off on making a scholarship decision for your LSAT score. They're going to make an award based on your current profile.

Xs20

Postby Xs20 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:42 pm

Princess Consuela wrote:I don't know if this has been talked about already, but does anyone know how long scholarship decisions take after you get the mail saying they're considering you? Also, I'm taking the LSAT again tomorrow so do you think they'll wait for that score before they offer anything?

Scholarships are supposed to come out mid to late February.

Not totally sure about the LSAT retake, but I'd imagine they'll offer you something along with everyone else, and then increase it if you improve your LSAT score. Total guess, though.

eta: scooped

Princess Consuela

Postby Princess Consuela » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:44 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

Unofficially, the school has hinted at the end of February for the first batch of scholarship decisions. If you retake and do significantly better, I don't see why you couldn't ask for more money. However, if you're already accepted, I highly doubt they're going to hold off on making a scholarship decision for your LSAT score. They're going to make an award based on your current profile.

Yeah I was accepted a couple of weeks ago. Okay that's what I figured. Gracias.

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:45 pm

Princess Consuela wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

Good luck tomorrow!

dproduct

Postby dproduct » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:46 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Princess Consuela wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

Good luck tomorrow!

Princess Consuela

Postby Princess Consuela » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:49 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Princess Consuela wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:

Good luck tomorrow!

Thanks! PTs have been looking good so hopefully it happens for me!

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:24 pm

Already got my travel stipend 8)

WokeUpInACar

Postby WokeUpInACar » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:47 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:Already got my travel stipend 8)

How much do they give for that?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”